Workouts Too Short

Hey, I started my new program last monday and I’ve found a possible flaw in my program.
The flaw being my workout is lasting for around 20mins, this isn’t exactly a good thing in my mind as my goal right now is to burn as much fat as possible.

I have made good gains in size and strength from my previous program so that whilst cutting even if I do lose some amount of size and strength I will still have a little more than before I started the previous program.

I am doing around 3 or 4 exercises per workout, I’m doing a 4 day split.
Day 1 arms,
Day 2 shoulder and chest,
Day 3 back
and
Day 4 legs.

In these 20mins, I do sweat a LOT but I like to feel like I’ve earned my post workout meal if you know where I’m coming from.

I also typically try to do some push ups after my workout as well.

8 reps and 5 sets on most days, except on my arms I’m doing the 5x5.
Anyway how can I increase the time of my workout?

Try doing CT’s destroying fat workout. It’s still a 4 day workout, but I think you’ll find it keeps you in the gym longer then your current workout. Or, if you’re really liking your current program, add 15-20 minutes of HIIT at the end.

[quote]
Anyway how can I increase the time of my workout?[/quote]

More sets.
More reps.
More exercises.

4 day split sucks for fat loss.

Do a real program if you want good results, e.g. one designed by one of the T-Nation authors.

I don’t think it sucks for fat loss, it’s working well so far.

Also the programs on this site are fine and dandy if your going to a gym, but when you have limited equipment and limited kg to add to your barbell/dumbbell they’re far from practical.

I’m going to try to add some new exercises and a few more sets.

[quote]BruceLeeFan wrote:
I don’t think it sucks for fat loss, it’s working well so far.

Also the programs on this site are fine and dandy if your going to a gym, but when you have limited equipment and limited kg to add to your barbell/dumbbell they’re far from practical.

I’m going to try to add some new exercises and a few more sets.[/quote]

Basically you’re going to burn a lot more calories doing an upper/lower or a push/pull split then what you’re doing right now, which is what he meant.

The destroying fat program can be done with limited equipment. You just need to be innovative. Check the last few pages of the discussion thread.

Care to list out what exactly you are doing in each of your workouts. I can’t imagine being in and out in 20 minutes on a leg day. Are you including warmup time?

An arms day is the exact opposite of a fat loss program.