T Nation

Workouts For Genetic Freaks?

I am not talking about the guys who have good\great genetics that use steroids and do 40 sets of exercise A. I am just talking about people who may be gifted in having more fast-twitch muscle fibers than slow-twitch muscle fibers. I was wondering if those “people” should do high load\low rep workouts with a moderate amount of sets, aka very distinguished programs for these types of people. Or should FT muscle fiber people just do everything as is.

they can pretty much do anything they want. That’s what makes them a freak. they could run up a hill and get huge legs, scrub dishes and gain and inch on their forearms.

Mmmm, I would say no to that. I don’t believe people can run up hills and get “huge” legs as to what you may imply. Everything takes hard work and dedication. Even though your examples are obviously exaggerated, you still miss the point that they have to train hard like everyone else. I was wondering what training program would make them “blow up” the most.

As you can figure out by now, I am somewhat genetically gifted. I am not the “super FT muscle fiber freak”, I am just a tad below that. Still had to work my ass off for my gains and recently I’ve seen 20lbs gain in 3-4 months. Don’t exactly know how either, which is why I was asking which stimulates FT fibers the best. I have my assumptions, but they are just assumptions.

You guys say fast twitch muscle fibers like its necessarily a good thing. Yeah they can move fast for the short distance, but they cant last too long.

[quote]triple-10sets wrote:
You guys say fast twitch muscle fibers like its necessarily a good thing. Yeah they can move fast for the short distance, but they cant last too long. [/quote]

I’m not an endurance athlete or an athlete in general. I lift to look big. I think thats all I need to say.

first off if you really do have great “genetic freak” fibers that allow you to pack on muscle faster than most, i am assuming you know this thru the gains you have made in your training?/?..
Sooo if your making great gains i suggest you just keep doing what your doing and train hard. Dont worry about that special program…
The low rep/high load sounds fine.

gl alex

I don’t see the mounting evidence of people training for their fiber type(and an assumption of it at that) as being beneficial at all. Someone who’s gifted should simply train as every other successful person does, progressive in strength for reps on key exercises and eating.

Did you put 20 or 50 lbs (depending on which thread youre posting in) on your imaginary squat too?

[quote]autodiadect wrote:
Did you put 20 or 50 lbs (depending on which thread youre posting in) on your imaginary squat too?[/quote]

I put 100lbs on my squat in 2 months, it leveled off after that, but I was changing squating styles from 90 degree to ATG. 405 lb squat :P. Take that you sarcastic fiend!

Hmm, your “Occupation” means troll? Shoo troll.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
I don’t see the mounting evidence of people training for their fiber type(and an assumption of it at that) as being beneficial at all. Someone who’s gifted should simply train as every other successful person does, progressive in strength for reps on key exercises and eating. [/quote]

Thanks, thats what I was wondering. I just shot the question out because there may of been something “special” I could do >.>.

[quote]Thewannabe wrote:
autodiadect wrote:
Did you put 20 or 50 lbs (depending on which thread youre posting in) on your imaginary squat too?

I put 100lbs on my squat in 2 months, it leveled off after that, but I was changing squating styles from 90 degree to ATG. 405 lb squat :P. Take that you sarcastic fiend!

Hmm, your “Occupation” means troll? Shoo troll.[/quote]

Troll? Because I remember you posting bullshit numbers on here 4 months ago when you weighed 185 lbs and then posting a video of you struggling to do half squats with 80 lbs less weight than you claimed you could off of a bench with horrible form or because I called you out on it twice now? Maybe its because you lied once, got caught, and now youre back here making another outrageous, unsupported claim and I dont believe it. You know, I think that makes you the troll. GTFO.

[quote]autodiadect wrote:
Thewannabe wrote:
autodiadect wrote:

Hmm, your “Occupation” means troll? Shoo troll.

Troll? Because I remember you posting bullshit numbers on here 4 months ago when you weighed 185 lbs and then posting a video of you struggling to do half squats with 80 lbs less weight than you claimed you could off of a bench with horrible form or because I called you out on it twice now? Maybe its because you lied once, got caught, and now youre back here making another outrageous, unsupported claim and I dont believe it. You know, I think that makes you the troll. GTFO.[/quote]

A. I claimed to be able to do 455 with box squats, that were 90 degrees, but I didn’t do enough (hardly any) research and reasoned to believe box squats were just touch at 90 and come up. I know that now they are not that, but thats what I thought they were, so I assumed what I did was right. I was corrected, but not by the likes of you.

B. I was able to do what I said, even though it was bad form which I thought was good form. I said I could do about 455 lbs box squat, and even had a video of 405 lbs x 8. Even though I learned that my form was completely wrong, I corrected myself and even moved on to improving my ATG squats.

C. I supported my claims of my ATG with the video on my ATG squat of 275 x 4, no one said anything about that. I am now at 405 lbs last time I checked for ATG.

D. My weight was 205 then.

E. You are completely unhelpful and lacking constructive criticism, so why don’t you remove yourself from any of my forum posts unless you have something useful to say.

I could offer a video of my 405 lb ATG, but I can honestly say that it would not turn your opinion of me otherwise. You would probably make some false claim as to if it were me, I was taking steroids, the squat video was played backwards, or some other bullshit to discredit me. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone and I am not gloating anything in this forum. I was wondering what workouts to do, so thanks for the insult and lack of advice.

I am kind of confused, is 405 alot?

I think that ratio of muscle fiber type plays a huge role in the law of individual differences. Of course fast twitch freaks should not be doing the same exact program as slow twitch guys.

A few things to consider are that fast twitch muscles need to be trained less often and bigger muscle groups take longer to recover. In general, people are not complete fast twitch freaks. You could have fast twitch legs and slow twitch chest. So just being able to squat a lot quickly isn’t evidence that your entire body is fast twitch.

Anyway, I don’t think you need to do anything different as far as rep schemes go, but stay away from things like high frequency training and volume work. Your muscles really won’t need that if indeed they are fast twitch.

[quote]Thewannabe wrote:

I could offer a video of my 405 lb ATG, but I can honestly say that it would not turn your opinion of me otherwise.[/quote]

translation: i don’t have a video of it

Check this out.

www.drsquat.com/articles/trainingsplit.html