Workout - The Right One?

Okay guys I have decided to brave it and put my workout on here. I am just curious as to some feedback as to if you think the program is good or what improvements can be made. I am 6’2’’ and about 190 lbs. I gain weight pretty quickly, but not definition. I am trying to gain some serious muscle.

Workout #1

Bench - 10,8,8,6 Reps
Incline - 8,8,6 Reps
Decline - 8,8,6 Reps
Flys - 8,8 Reps
Pullovers - 10,10 Reps
Tricep Pushdowns - 10,8,8,6 Reps
Weighted Dips - 10,10,10 Reps
Bench Dips - 10,10,8 Reps

Workout #2

Chin Ups - 8,8 Reps
One Arm Rows - 8,8,8 Reps
Wide Grip Seated Rows - 8,8 Reps
Close Grip Seated Rows - 8,8 Reps
Pulldowns - 10,10,8 Reps
Barbell Curls - 8,8,6 Reps
Ez Bar Preacher Curls - 8,8,6 Reps
Incline Curls - 14,14 Reps
Concentration Curls - 10,10 Reps

Workout #3

Front Machine Press - 10,10,10 Reps
Incline Rear Laterals - 10,10,10 Reps
Arnold Presses - 10,10,10,10 Reps
Lying Side Laterals - 10,10 Reps
Shrugs - 10,8 Reps
Upright Rows - 10,10 Reps
Front Wrist Curl - 10,10,10,10 Reps
Back Wrist Curl - 10,10,10,10 Reps

Workout #4

Squats - 8,8,8 Reps
Leg Ext - 8,8,8 Reps
Leg Curls - 8,8,8 Reps
One Leg Calf Rasies - 10,10 Reps
Calf Rasies - 10,10 Reps

Is this sufficient or is it terrible? I am not sure this is what I have been told works. Also this workout is back to back to back with three days off in a row. Would you suggest that or doing something like every other day with two workouts a week back to back? Thanks for any feedback.

I just can’t help but read your post in a feminine lisp. Like I’m auditioning for a part on queer eye.

Not sure why that is.

Um 39 sets for your upper body VS % friggin exercises for the larger half the lower body. UM Not good IMO. that and damn bro yes exercises and variety are great but you dont have to do the ALL in one program. chose a few each day and give them do attention.

Do a split, full body, what ever floats your boat but id address the lower body prob and drop a ton of the excess and choose a few to do well.

Phill

So what you are saying is that this is a little overboard in regards to number of excercises per day?

[quote]PinkMist wrote:
So what you are saying is that this is a little overboard in regards to number of excercises per day? [/quote]

Yup…

How bout…

‘A’
Bench - 4 sets
Incline - 3 sets
fly variation- 3 sets
Overhead Press - 4 sets
Weighted Dips - 3 sets
Skullcrusher - 3 sets
Trunk (flexion)

‘B’
Chin Ups - 4 sets
One Arm Rows - 4 sets
Incline Close Grip Seated Rows - 4 sets
Face Pulls - 4 sets
Barbell Curls - 3 Sets
Hammer Curls - 3 sets
Trunk (twist)

‘c’
Squats - 4-6 sets
or
Deadlift 4-6 sets
Lunges 4 sets
RDL’s 4 sets
Calf Raise variation - 4+ sets
Trunk (bracing)

‘a’
‘b’
‘c’
off
repeat

or

‘a’
‘b’
off
‘c’
‘a’
off
‘b’
‘c’
off
repeat

Eat.Sleep.Be merry with the women…

[quote]PinkMist wrote:
So what you are saying is that this is a little overboard in regards to number of excercises per day? [/quote]

Dude… he’s saying this is a horrible program. If your not being sarcastic, Go look up some articles by Da Thib , or Waterbury. O well , maybe this is your version of “high frequency training”

Rippetoe’s Starting Strength. Google it.

If you’re unsure of your current routine you need to just find one tailored to your needs in the archives of training articles. If anything I’d rather see more lower-body work than upper-body.

Please, please start deadlifting. It’ll build your forearms much better than the wrist curls you have set-up. For my goals I view isolation exercises as ways to bring up the weak links in my compound lifts.

From your avatar your goal looks like it should be maxing the PT test, not to appear jacked, unless you enjoy getting the tape test. (Doesn’t ROTC give more $ for a higher PT score in college? I don’t know I never signed the contract)

[quote]Scott aka Rice wrote:
If you’re unsure of your current routine you need to just find one tailored to your needs in the archives of training articles. If anything I’d rather see more lower-body work than upper-body.

Please, please start deadlifting. It’ll build your forearms much better than the wrist curls you have set-up. For my goals I view isolation exercises as ways to bring up the weak links in my compound lifts.

From your avatar your goal looks like it should be maxing the PT test, not to appear jacked, unless you enjoy getting the tape test. (Doesn’t ROTC give more $ for a higher PT score in college? I don’t know I never signed the contract)[/quote]

Yea I am going for the max on the PT test. I already am at a 260. NO they do not give you any extra cash for maxing it out all you get is a ribbon to put on your class A’s. Which I already have. I wouldn’t mind getting the tape test it doesn’t really matter. If you are huge you will get about 100% more respect in ROTC.