T Nation

Workout routine

I’m trying to gather as much info as possible and get a routine together that targets fat loss. I did German Body Comp in the past & trying to accomplish that in a gym is next to impossible, due to the gym being crowded. Chris Shugart wrote an article about using complexes for fat loss. This article recommends doing complexes twice a week and doing upper and lower body four days out of the week.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good 4 day upper & lower body routine to use with complexes? I know certain coaches say to switch up a workout every six weeks. Not sure on how important it is that these exercises be switched up, but any advice is greatly appreciated. This is something I plan on doing over the next 12-14 weeks in hopes of losing about 7% body fat.

[quote]overdrive570 wrote:
I’m trying to gather as much info as possible and get a routine together that targets fat loss. I did German Body Comp in the past & trying to accomplish that in a gym is next to impossible, due to the gym being crowded. Chris Shugart wrote an article about using complexes for fat loss. This article recommends doing complexes twice a week and doing upper and lower body four days out of the week.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good 4 day upper & lower body routine to use with complexes? I know certain coaches say to switch up a workout every six weeks. Not sure on how important it is that these exercises be switched up, but any advice is greatly appreciated. This is something I plan on doing over the next 12-14 weeks in hopes of losing about 7% body fat.[/quote]

Take any weightlifting program that has you in the gym 3x/week. I like 5x5. The, add 2-4 sprinting sessions a week. Then, DIET. There is no such thing as a weight loss program in my opinion; the weightlifting should help you maintain and build muscle, your diet will strip off the fat. Even the sprint I mentioned are icing on the cake.

Thanks for the tips. I think I’m going to try the 5x5 and work in some complexes along with sprints a few times a week. For supplements I’m going to try out Plazma, MAG-10 and maybe Indigo-3G and see where that takes me. It’s been a while since I actually lifted and stuck with it due to sciatica. I’ve been going to a chiropractor and haven’t had flareups in a few months, so I’m going to give it a go.