T Nation

Workout Routine

Hi all. About 2 months ago I joined the gym wanting to get stronger and add mass to my skinny 69kg frame. Could someone please assist me with a good beginner routine that will add size and strength? Im totally in the dark, and am becoming more and more confused listening to these brainless idiots in the gym. I need real help.

I think training 3 days a week will cut it for the first 6 months or so with full body workouts. Any advice will be welcome.

Thanking you in advance.

Mark Rippetoe’s Starting Strength program. There is a long thread in the beginner forums on it (a search should pull it up) and googling the Starting Strength Wiki will pull up that site with the program, a FAQ, and a lot of other information. That should work fine for 6 months, but just stay with it until you stop progressing, then either that wiki has some other programs to move onto or you can search/ask around here. After starting strength, I suggest Jim Wendler’s 5/3/1 program indefinitely.

Hi

Thanks for the info. I have found the thread, and checked out the wiki page, some very good videos there regarding form. The workout looks like its kinda tough, but im going to give it a go. Once again thanks , much apreciated.