T Nation

Workout Routine, While on the Road?

I have been working out, in a gym, for about 4 to 5 years. Now I have to go on the road for a sales job for 12 weeks. I wont be able to go to a gym because of the long hours 7am-9 pm. The only day off i have is sunday.

I can buy some dumbells but don’t feel like spending too much money on them since its only 12 that weeks i will be using them.

Any one have any ideas of a workout routine, so that i wont lose the muscle gained?

if you’re not going to be able to lift heavy a few times a week, you’re going to go backwards.

Is the 12 weeks all in one place? I’d try to find a gym(s) that would work out a deal with you for the period. Considering the time constraints, get into the gym 2 or 3 times a week. A program like Waterbury’s Huge in a Hurry actually might be ideal. He recommends 3 or 4 exercises in a circuit format that hit the whole body.

If it’s really important to you, you could make it happen. Up at 5am, or work out at 9pm, and then on Sunday.

Otherwise 12 weeks isn’t really that long and i don’t think you’d lose as much as you think.

alright. thanks for the advice im going to look into it.

If your going to be in 1 place, get a membership.

If you going to be moving around, you can always pull the “I just moved here can I please workout for free today?” Some places even might give you a free week.

You can look up gyms in the area(s) your going to be in and try to find online deals or coupons.

I you want to you can buy some bands from Elite Fitness and do some workouts with those. I use bands for some home workouts on my days off from training.

Adjust your diet accordingly too. plenty of BCAA, fish oils and keep them calories up too.

Good luck.

x2 on the bands, they pack well and you can do a good amount with them. Also, you can use them in the gym, so it’s not a wasted investment.

ok thanks. Im leaving in about a month. Im going to get the bands and go to the gym at least on sunday to lift with weights. Thanks for the advice i didnt even think about the bands.