T Nation

Workout Routine While on Cycle

Starting a bulking cycle… I’ve always done my own thing and had great results from it, but I’m curious what you guys think.

In case you’re wondering, I’m running 700 Test400 (300 long ester 100 short ester) per week, and 300 deca per week, and 8-10 iu’s humalin R post workout

Main goal is MASS

Day 1:
Bench Press
1x10, 1x8, 3x5**
Incline Bench Press
1x10, 1x8, 3x5**
Cable Flies
3x10
Pec Deck
3x10
Close Grip Bench
3x8
Overhead DB Extension
3x10
Dips
3x12
Tricep Pushdown
3x10

Total Sets: 28

Day 2:
Deadlift
1x8, 1x5, 3x3, 2x3
Bent over Barbell Rows
3x10
Wide Grip lat pulldown
3x10
Seated Row
3x10
1-arm Row
3x8
Standing DB Curl
3x12
Preacher Curlz with easy bar
3x10
Reverse Curlz with easy bar
3x8
Hammer Curlz
Burn outs, 2 sets

Total Sets: 30

Day 3:
Standing Front Military Press
1x10, 5x8
Lateral Raises
4x12
Arnold Presses
3x12
Seated DB Press
3x8
Rear Delt Cable Flies
2x12
Behind neck military press
3x8
Upright Rows
3x10
DB Shrugs
5x15
Smith Machine Shrugs
4x8

Day 4:
Squats
1x10, 1x8, 3x5**
Leg Press
1x10, 4x10
Leg Extension
3x12
Leg Curl
3x12
Calves
8 sets

*** (increase each workset by 5 lbs per set, ideally overall raise 5 lbs per weeek… so if I did 305x5, 310x5, 315x5 one day, next chest day i’d go for 310x5, 315x5, 320x5)

This topic is more appropriate in another forum methinks. IMO your training volume should be halved

3 Hardcore upper-body routines in a row, followed by one leg-day and no mention of an off day.

Looks perfect!!

Holy fuck, you’ve crammed ever exercise you can think off in there. 30 sets?? d00d, lift heavier, reduce volume.

[quote]WyldFlower wrote:
Holy fuck, you’ve crammed ever exercise you can think off in there. 30 sets?? d00d, lift heavier, reduce volume.

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly… Even though you probably feel like it’s not so bad (Thank you Test) and you can go all day, I think your risk is outweighing your benefit here. Damage to tendons, ligaments and muscles on this volume of a workout would almost be expected. Cut the sets down focus on heavier weight, I think you will achieve your goal of mass much faster with 5x5 or 3x3 lifting.

Randizo - thanks for summarizing it as 5x5 or 3x3…

I hope this isn’t hijacking - it’s still on topic and the op might benefit from this suggestion: currently I am doing 6-7 sets of 5 with heavy weights, making sure I rest about 3 minutes in between each set and during that 3 minutes of “rest” I do a really quick set of a different exercise (hitting the same muscle group but from a different angle) with really low weight and very high repetition. I find that I get a great pump from this routine but do you think it sounds acceptable? It annihilates my target muscle but I don’t want to do damage…I read once that you should stimulate not annihilate.

I try to get in and out in about an hour so I really only have the chance to do 1 muscle group per day and only 2 main heavy exercises (plus the little auxiliary exercises in between). I take the odd 1 day off but eseentially I’m in the gym every day.

[quote]Randizo wrote:
WyldFlower wrote:

My thoughts exactly… Even though you probably feel like it’s not so bad (Thank you Test) and you can go all day, I think your risk is outweighing your benefit here. Damage to tendons, ligaments and muscles on this volume of a workout would almost be expected. Cut the sets down focus on heavier weight, I think you will achieve your goal of mass much faster with 5x5 or 3x3 lifting.[/quote]

[quote]DieSucka wrote:
Randizo - thanks for summarizing it as 5x5 or 3x3…

I hope this isn’t hijacking - it’s still on topic and the op might benefit from this suggestion: currently I am doing 6-7 sets of 5 with heavy weights, making sure I rest about 3 minutes in between each set and during that 3 minutes of “rest” I do a really quick set of a different exercise (hitting the same muscle group but from a different angle) with really low weight and very high repetition. I find that I get a great pump from this routine but do you think it sounds acceptable? It annihilates my target muscle but I don’t want to do damage…I read once that you should stimulate not annihilate.

I try to get in and out in about an hour so I really only have the chance to do 1 muscle group per day and only 2 main heavy exercises (plus the little auxiliary exercises in between). I take the odd 1 day off but eseentially I’m in the gym every day.

Randizo wrote:
WyldFlower wrote:

My thoughts exactly… Even though you probably feel like it’s not so bad (Thank you Test) and you can go all day, I think your risk is outweighing your benefit here. Damage to tendons, ligaments and muscles on this volume of a workout would almost be expected. Cut the sets down focus on heavier weight, I think you will achieve your goal of mass much faster with 5x5 or 3x3 lifting.

[/quote]

Wrong forum. Try the bodybuilding forum for such and related questions.

[quote]WyldFlower wrote:
Wrong forum. Try the bodybuilding forum for such and related questions.[/quote]

No it’s okay WyldFlower. I’m on cycle right now so it applies.