Workout Routine Problem

I’m with Pwnisher on this one.

With a few exceptions, I don’t see the point in maxing. Ever.

Maxing puts a high level of stress on your body, and puts you in a position where you are lifting very heavy weight with likely compromised form. It doesn’t do anything special as far as gains go and exposes you to a much higher risk of injury. Unless you have some compelling reason to max out (e.g. a powerlifting meet), there is nothing to be gained by it.

Choosing to take unnecessary risks with no benefits outside of ego masturbation, when you could be doing goal-oriented work instead, is not a good habit in terms of progressing toward your goals.

google 1 rep max caculator
you put in weight lifted, reps,
it will give you projected 1 rep max
say you do 5 reps at 125 input and it will give you projected 1 rep max
say you do 6 reps at 125 input and you will find your projected 1 rep max went up
most of them are fairly accurate to about 10 reps

this artrem thing has been going through my head all day. did he really bulk up to 100lbs and barely gain any muscle at all. what did he do wrong. aren’t you suppose to eat around 4k calories a day.i have been eating 4,000 calories a day. Like I said before I have been eating like a monster just so I can get my calories in. But I haven’t really focused on the amount of protein I should be consuming.

could the amount of protein you consume affect your strength and muscle gains. Did artrem eat a lot of protein?

I also just assumed if you eat a lot you will get stronger and bigger.

id fucking hate gaining 100lbs pounds and not being able to atleast bench 1.5x bodyweight and squat 2x my bodyweight. fuck that.

2 Likes

YOU NEED TO READ MORE
pretend you are going to school to be a strength coach start studying

Good. I consider this little poem one of the greatest things I’ve ever written in my 10+ years on this site.

He did. A skinny 140 to a fat 240. I used to post a series of pics compiled from what he had posted on the site, but then I started to feel bad showing his face while trashing him.

Too many calories, too poor training, too stubborn to listen to experienced lifters giving him solid advice.

“You” need however many calories it takes to make the scale move up. That’s different than what I need, or what someone else needs. Taking in 4,000 when your body only needs 3,300 (for example) would be considered unnecessary by many. Bodyweight x 20 is very high for any bulking plan, and you’re slightly above that.

Based on your new avatar, as I’ve said before, you need to start training smarter and consider pumping the brakes on the super-high calories before the muffin top starts bubbling over. You’re no longer an underweight beginner lifter, now you’re “just” a beginner lifter.

Protein, and the aminos therein, build and repair muscle after training. An intense training stimulus without enough quality protein to rebuild tissue doesn’t encourage progress. Two gallons of milk per day is 250+ grams of protein, so that wasn’t an issue for him. Truly excessive calorie intake and improper training were the issues.

Tens of thousands of obese Americans eat a lot and get the wrong kind of “bigger”, and not any stronger. Food doesn’t build strength. Proper, consistent weight training provides the stimulus to build strength (and muscle).

1 Like

I am curious; what did you do today to make sure this doesn’t happen to you? What book or articles did you read?

What ever happened to eating:

• 4-8 eggs plus some toast or oats
  • 2 chicken sandwiches
  • whatever mum was making for dinner.

A glass or two of milk and some fruit through out the day.

Training 3-6 days per week.

When you stopped getting stronger add a bit more food.

Not complicated enough i guess.

1 Like