I was wondering if the following program seems sensible:

Day 1: Chest & Biceps
Day 2: Cardio
Day 3: Shoulders & Triceps
Day 4: Cardio
Day 5: Back & Fore arms
Day 6: Legs
Day 7: Off

I need a separate day for legs because I have a weak knee and I need a full one hour for a customized, doctor-recommended work out. I can’t get over the fact that I can’t train each body part twice a week. Any comments/suggestions?

[quote]51747 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if the following program seems sensible:

Day 1: Chest & Biceps
Day 2: Cardio
Day 3: Shoulders & Triceps
Day 4: Cardio
Day 5: Back & Fore arms
Day 6: Legs
Day 7: Off

I need a separate day for legs because I have a weak knee and I need a full one hour for a customized, doctor-recommended work out. I can’t get over the fact that I can’t train each body part twice a week. Any comments/suggestions?[/quote]

Monday- Chest/Tri’s/Shoulders
Tues-Back/Bi’s/forearms/calves
Wed-Legs
Thurs-Chest/Tri’s/Shoulders
Fri-Back/Bi’s/forearms/calves
Sat-Legs
Sun-Off/cardio

Maybe do cardio in the AM and weights in the PM.I would try this so that you are not overworking some of the muscles. Like when you were doing chest/biceps one day, you turn around and work the biceps again the next day when you hit your back. I have found out this can lead to overtraining of your biceps quickly. I recently switched to a push/pull split and it seems to feel good to me. I dont feel as if I am punishing myself everyday.

For instance, on Mon(Push) bench press/shoulder press/triceps/squats. Tues(PULL)Lat pull/rows/biceps/leg curls. repeat on Thurs and Fri. I do cardio in the AM, I find it helps loosen me up. I know a lot of people say dont do cardio before weights, but it all depends on what your goal is and how you respond.

Personally I find it to be great. Before, I would just hit the weights and end up injuring myself. Now, after cardio, I’m loose and can hit the weight with no problems. Sorry if I am rambling, I will check in later, gotta go!!GOOD LUCK!