Workout Review (2 Full Body Days per Week)

I will need to train only 2 days per week for the following next weeks and will probably give that training schedule/split a go for longer while I am at it, to see how it suits me. After reading and using the strategies in The Damn Best Strength For Naturals workouts for a while, I was thinking on applying some of it with this:

Monday or Tuesday
*Press
*Squat
Hip Thrust
-calf, dips, chins

Thursday or Friday
*Bench
Front Sq (maybe Hack Squat)
Deadlift
Bb Row (maybe RDL)
-calf, accessory

(*)
0. Preparation sets, go up by feel and quickly for 3-5 rep sets.

1. Work to a top set of 6-8 reps.
  2. Back off sets using same weight for 3-5 sets x 3-5 reps. Drop 3 reps from top set. If I get 7 back off to sets of 4. May use eccentrics and/or pauses. Maybe mTors?
  3. Rest periods just go by feel. More than 1 less than 5 minutes.
  4. Follow 3 week waves. Go up 5-10 lbs for 2 workouts then go back the same 5-10 lbs for the same reps done 2 weeks ago. Repeat.
  5. When top set reaches 5rm. Switch next week to 5,4,3,2,1 using 5-10 lbs less on the first set of 5. Do this for 1-3 weeks, depending on how quickly I peak. No back off sets.
  6. After 1-3 weeks go by feel and switch to 3,2,1 waves for 1-2 weeks up to a max. No back off sets.
  7. Deload and see where it takes me.

Hip Thrust

1. Hip thrusts are done for volume/hypertophy as an assistance movement. Just go by feel and try always to do more weight or more reps or more sets. No back offs, just straight sets for 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps. 1-3 preparatory sets.

Front Squat with Hack Squat alternative

1. I like the idea of working the Front Squat as a strength-skill workout, 3-4 sets of 2-4 reps in 3 week waves (2-3 prep sets). Then back off with Hack Squat mTor set to blast the quads. 1 prep set.

Deadlift

1. Same as (*) but with no back off sets per se. Use Rows (1-2 sets of 8-12) and maybe RDLs (1 set using same row weight for slow, mTor reps) as back off work.

calf - just do some raises 1-2 mTor sets feel good.
dips, chins - go for total reps over 3 sets supersetted with short rest, aim for doing chins for half the reps of dips.
accessory - tricep, bicep, neck, grip, whatever; it may be nothing.

Thank you for the space to share workout ideas and learn from others…

Should probably post in “bigger stronger leaner.” CT doesn’t have the time to critique these diy programs.

That’s definitely most likely the case, but they really should edit the description of this forum.

Coach Christian Thibaudeau’s exclusive free coaching forum. Ask questions about any of his intense programs, ask for a review of your current workout, and find more training advice. :laughing:

1 Like

I don’t mind reviewing the programs as long as there is no wall of text that comes with it. I’ll do my best to help people with their program in the future.

1 Like