T Nation

Workout Program for First Clean Bulk

Im a 16 years old guy, weight 168, height 5"8 and 14 bodyfat, about to start my first bulking, i got my diet in check, but i dont know what program i should use, my goal is size and mass.

Been working out for 8 months

You’ll get info from guys with more knowledge than I but let me put in my vote for 5/3/1.
It has completely changed my attitude towards working out. I see progress each week. And the structure prevents any wasted workouts. What ever you do just stick with it. Progress comes from consistency.

[quote]newtonslaws wrote:
You’ll get info from guys with more knowledge than I but let me put in my vote for 5/3/1.
It has completely changed my attitude towards working out. I see progress each week. And the structure prevents any wasted workouts. What ever you do just stick with it. Progress comes from consistency.[/quote]

x2

5/3/1

Texas method

Juggernaut method

Westside for skinny bastards

Or anything from the “Do this routine instead of that dumb one” thread

[quote]DreamBuff wrote:
Im a 16 years old guy, weight 168, height 5"8 and 14 bodyfat[/quote]

Where’d that bodyfat percentage come from? They’re not always reliable or accurate, so you might want to track progress by photos, performance in the gym, and how clothes are fitting.

[quote]about to start my first bulking, i got my diet in check, but i dont know what program i should use, my goal is size and mass.

Been working out for 8 months[/quote]

I suggest briefly/temporarily doing a bodyweight-only routine to make sure you’re 100% healthy and prepared for major weight training and also to establish a relative-strength baseline. (If you can do 12 pull-ups now, then you gain 20 pounds but can only do 4 pull-ups, something went wrong.)

Mon., Wed., and Fri.
Squat 2x15 (No weight, keep both feet flat on the floor.)
Push-up 2x15 (On your toes, deep/full range reps.)
Lunge 2x15 (Alternate legs, 1 rep left/1 rep right.)
Neutral-grip pull-up 2x15 (assisted if necessary. Or inverted rows.)
Plank 2x15-count
Burpee/squat thrust 2x15

As soon as that workout is easy from start to finish, pretty much any of the programs already recommended would be a solid choice.

Any plan where you’re lifting consistently, progressing in strength, and avoiding muscle failure, while also eating consistently (meal after meal/day after day), should get you on the right track.

What exactly does this mean? What did you eat yesterday?

5x5 , 12 week cycle will more than likely up your squat 50 lbs.