Workout Playlists

So it seems like a lot of people enjoy listening to that… music… stuff… when they work out.

So what is it that you listen to when you work out? Are you a hardcore thrash metal monster? Are you rockin out to AC/DC? Are you this guy working out - YouTube ? I hope you aren’t that last guy… way to just leave the guy you were spotting to talk about fallout boy…

In addition to the music that you listen to when you work out, I wanna know what the WEIRDEST thing that occasionally creeps into your playlist is.

I’ll start it off…

My big 3 artists for working out are Ozzy Osbourne, Dethklok, and Disturbed. On the occasion where I get a little bored and make an on-the-fly playlist, Mr. Roboto has shown up more than once, as has Ice Ice Baby. You may now laugh at my taste in music.

I’ll second the Disturbed. Anything by them gets me fucking pumped! I’ll add Underoath, Atreyu, The Beloved, The Almost, Five Finger Death Punch, Slipknot, Thrice (only the fast songs), etc…

Disturbed is my #1 for lifting though.

Gotta go for metal/rock that’s not too fast

Disturbed
Lamb of God
Meshuggah, obZen
Mudvayne
Slayer, God Hates Us All
Slipknot (the vocals are pretty stupid, but the music is nice)

[quote]josh86 wrote:
I’ll second the Disturbed. Anything by them gets me fucking pumped! I’ll add Underoath, Atreyu, The Beloved, The Almost, Five Finger Death Punch, Slipknot, Thrice (only the fast songs), etc…

Disturbed is my #1 for lifting though.[/quote]

I just picked up “Indestructible” and it fires me the hell up. This album is like a soundtrack to kill something, blow shit up, or lift weights to. Blows 10k Fists out of the water in my opinion.

Normally I’ll be cranking Nine Inch Nails, Type O Negative, Megadeth, Tool, Led Zeppelin, Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Hammerfall, or just about anything else that fires me up.

I have to listen to Zappa during cardio though. Just something about singing along to Titties and Beer makes it more enjoyable.

What what?

i think the sickness album by disturbed is great, the union underground are good too, as are saliva

I like alot of rock and metal for weight training and punk, drum and base and techno (anything fast) for cardio or boxing or anything like that

punk rock and hardcore all the way; the louder and faster the better.

blood for blood - outlaw anthems is king
madball
sick of it all
pennywise
the casualties
arch enemy
side 3
aslan faction
a global threat
rammstein
et. al.

the weird stuff that slips in isn’t so much weird as just stuff i like that hard to lift to…mostly hip hop / turntables.

rjd2
dj shadow
dj z-trip
mc chris - world’s best nerd rapper…ever.

Whether it’s thrash/death/power, nothing beats metal for pumpin weights.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
What what?

Can’t believe I fell for it.

As far as my playlist, it’s pretty much all rock and the various versions of metal for me. Lamb of God, Slipknot, Mudvayne, Disturbed, Metallica, FFDP, Children of Bodom, Bloodsimple, Devildriver, Ektomorf, Nothingface, etc.

I’m always looking for new shit and suggestions though.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
josh86 wrote:

Disturbed is my #1 for lifting though.

I just picked up “Indestructible” and it fires me the hell up. This album is like a soundtrack to kill something, blow shit up, or lift weights to. Blows 10k Fists out of the water in my opinion.

Normally I’ll be cranking Nine Inch Nails, Type O Negative, Megadeth, Tool, Led Zeppelin, Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Hammerfall, or just about anything else that fires me up.

I have to listen to Zappa during cardio though. Just something about singing along to Titties and Beer makes it more enjoyable.
[/quote]

I haven’t bought a CD in a LONG time but I am going to have to pick up the new Disturbed album for sure. Every song I’ve heard off it kicks ass and I hear nothing but good stuff from people that have bought it.

Not only did I know what the song was even before I clicked the youtube link, that’s another song that actually works into my lists sometimes…

It kinda puts me in a trance where I can’t even acknowledge the world no matter what.

Just for shits and giggles, I used the search function at the top of the page to see if this topic has ever been broached before. Lo and behold it has! But, I could only find 6 pages of threads, so one more can’t hurt.

Elton John’s greatest hits, followed on by Barry Manilow and finished off with an Eric Carmen two-for “Never Gonna Fall in Love Again” and “All by Myself”.

DB

Heres how I roll: (yeah i said it)

Nine Inch Nails
Tool
Hatebreed
All that Remains
Lamb of God
Sevendust
Deftones
Alice in Chains
Dethklok-ridiculous songs but still awesome

For Cardio:
Cosmic Gate
Tiesto
Blank & Jones
and others

[quote]JuiceBox wrote:
For Cardio:
Cosmic Gate
Tiesto
Blank & Jones
and others

[/quote]

Haha, how can you listen to Blank & Jones for cardio? I think I’d fall asleep while running.

I’m a rock girl, its gets me pumped and i have awesome workouts.

Tool, Disturbed, NIN, some Godsmack, Offspring, Rise Against, System of a Down.

These are just a taste.

Survivor eye of the tiger baby. Gonna Fly Now for sure. Also rock some ZZ Top, limp bizkit, Linkin Park, Jay Z, Outside, Rammstein, Eminem, Nelly, and 50. think that is pretty comphrehensive ha

[quote]machiajelly wrote:
JuiceBox wrote:
For Cardio:
Cosmic Gate
Tiesto
Blank & Jones
and others

Haha, how can you listen to Blank & Jones for cardio? I think I’d fall asleep while running.[/quote]

True, most of their stuff is too mellow for me but to be fair i only have a couple songs on my ipod and they are up-tempo. Dont judge me ha

Pantera/Down, played at sufficiently loud volumes, has been clinically proven to instantly increase your PRs by 10%

Seriously.

Disturbed, Rammstein, HammerFall, that general kind of stuff (no whole albums though, always custom playlists).

Weirdest thing I have on my MP3 player at the moment for workouts is The Cat Empire, just love the energy of the music.