Workout Plan

Inspired by Tate Talks…and ZEvenEsh’s thread over at another site,I decided to try a simple workout plan with nothing but the basics.

My goal is to keep strength and muscle while losing fat.On non-workout days I’ll be talking walks and doing sprints.

I’ve mostly done Chad’s programs before,BBB,ABBH,QD and WM.Suggestions/comments?

The Plan:

Three workouts a week
One lower body lift such as squat,deadlift and front squat
One upper body pushing movement,alternating between higher and lower reps every other workout (for example 4 sets of 6 reps one workout,then 3 sets of twelve the next
One upper body pulling movement, alternating between higher and lower reps every other workout (for example 4 sets of 6 reps one workout,then 3 sets of twelve the next)
One or two single-joint movements

How many sets are you going to be doing in each exercise? What rep range?
You may be too light in total volume unless your nutrition plan isn’t in line.

Right now I do a “total body” type routine 4 days a week, with another 2 days a week spent on GPP: kettlebell lifting, rope jumping, walking.

Good luck!

On the heavy days I’ll use a volume of 24-30 reps per exercise.On the lighter days anywhere from 30-50 reps.

If you are only doing 6 exercises, then single joint movements would be a waste of yoru time in the gym.