T Nation

Workout Plan

i workout 6 days a week for about 45 min to and hour. each day i do about 7-9 exercises
My week looks like this:
monday: Chest triceps
-bench press
-incline press from pins
-dumbell bench
-flys, incline
-close grip bench
-straight bar push downs
-dips
-rope pull downs

tuesday:back biceps
-barbell curl
-easy curl bar
-regular curl
-hammer curl
-row with v handle
-through the legs pull with v handle
-lap pull downs with v handle
-dumbbell pull ups on bench

wednesday:shoulders legs
-shoulder press dumbells
-front to side raises
-shoulder press barbell from pins
-leg press
-squats
-lunges

thursday:chest triceps
-incline bench
-bench press from pins
-incline dumbbell bench
-external rotations
-skull-crushers
-reverse grip pull down
-behind head double arm raise
-v handle push downs

friday:back biceps
-standing overhead cable curl
-standing underhand cable curl
-straight bar cable curl
-rope cable curl
-dead-lift
-lap pull downs with v handle
-barbel pull up

saturday:shoulders legs
-shoulder press barbell
-shrugs
-straight bar pull ups
-shoulder press barbell, behind head
-leg press using calves
-calve raise on ledge
-calf raise seated

Any feedback on what to change or what to do different. Or any other exercise that will benefit me would be great thanks.

Why don’t you want to do one of the routines in your thread that was recommended to you here:

?

How the fuck you fit 7 exercises into less than an hour is a mystery to me…unless you’re just going through the motions.

You’re seriously delusional if you think that you can do 4 different kinds of curls on 1 day. If you do them right, your biceps are done after the first exercise.

Seriously, pick a program that’s known to work. 5/3/1, 5x5, etc.

While that routine is genuinely retarded (and has anybody else noticed that people’s routines seem to just consist of thinking of muscles, pointing at an exercise guide and picking 2-10 of the coolest sounding ones?), I don’t see how one can’t fit 7 exercises into an hour, seeing as I tend to fit about six movements into an hour (sometimes less than an hour, sometimes more than an hour)… nor do I see how four different biceps movements in one day is that absurd… considering my biceps day consists of three movements…

Also, I doubt the efficiency of 5/3/1 (for some people’s goals, such as building a well-balanced physique off of the basic tenants of bodybuilding - as opposed to power lifting), and I also think 5x5 is a terrible program (you can throw Starting Strength, and any similar variations thereof, in there) where most people, favoring linear progression, just tend to get fat and confuse that with muscle gain…

Whatever, though… I just think some people (namely the ones with less time under their belts, less experience) tend to throw out cookie cutter responses which are of no help to most people who haven’t the slightest clue…

End rant

[quote]MickyGee wrote: and I also think 5x5 is a terrible program (you can throw Starting Strength, and any similar variations thereof, in there) where most people, favoring linear progression, just tend to get fat and confuse that with muscle gain…
[/quote]

I just started SL5X5 today… >.>’

[quote]marrot wrote:

[quote]MickyGee wrote: and I also think 5x5 is a terrible program (you can throw Starting Strength, and any similar variations thereof, in there) where most people, favoring linear progression, just tend to get fat and confuse that with muscle gain…
[/quote]

I just started SL5X5 today… >.>’[/quote]

Don’t get me wrong… everything has its merits… but those programs seem to have a strong focus on weight gain and I believe people tend to imagine that muscle is built a lot quicker than it really is (and I know this is heresy on these forums b/c, yes, some people can build muscle fast and should not be held back mentally - whatever, they aren’t asking for questions on an internet forum most likely), but a lot of people haven’t learned to channel proper intensity yet, to eat well enough (even bulking should not be an excuse to eat like a fat fuck), and end up trying to rush the whole process and, I believe, putting on unnecessary amounts of fat in an effort to push up their lifts in a panic (and there have been numerous cases on this site alone, which is why I believe questions should be asked first (height, weight, lifts - and not just on the main exercises). A great example of this is Artem - the second he mentioned his lift numbers, you knew he was just being a lard ass and, on the other hand, dicking around in the weight room and not doing shit. That’s fucked up and people shouldn’t have to waste so much time just b/c people are on their damn high horses and unwilling to dispense proper advice. After all, that’s what this forum is for.

I really enjoy reading JayPierce’s and Chris Colluci’s (sp?) posts because they are custom tailored and filled with great advice… as opposed to the commonly spouted off phrases like “eat more” and “stop bitching”. I understand that, in most cases, beginners are getting maybe a fraction of the protein and not nearly as many calories as they need. I also get that they tend to overlook the basic principles behind weight lifting, but I think a lot is lost once you’ve been at a hobby for years and more experienced members either didn’t start out nearly as confused as some of these beginners, or tend to forget how confused they were.

Shit, I lost my train of thought - nevermind…

i was just we making my workout, i just have a question on what to break my workout into. i want to break my workout into three different days.
i have currently broke it down into
-chest and biceps
-back and triceps
-shoulders and legs

any other ideas on how to break down my workout would be great thanks.

It makes me sad to think about how much progress you could’ve made if you just took the advice of MealTicket 3 months ago when you first posted. EVERYTHING YOU’VE ASKED IS ANSWERED IN THAT THREAD HE REFERENCED BY THE WAY. Just to make this super easy for you:

Read through this. He breaks down exactly the kind of 6day split you are looking for. I promise.

i took ur advice i am now doing the routine from the forum
tnation.T-Nation.com/...f_that_dumb_one
the routine is good i really like it.

I started another post about diet and nutrition and was getting really good feedback from one guy, then he stopped replying and kinda left me hanging if u could just look over that forum and give me any other ideas on diet and or how to eat that would be great thanks.