Workout Plan Critique, Goal: Lean Muscle Gains

All my friends are taller than me. They are about 200 lbs and got muscle + six pack. They eat like shit like just pizza, chicken, and fried burgers. I don’t know how they got a six pack to be honest.

I quit my program that was seeing results because it was starting to get boring and I was doing it for 8 weeks. I was told to change my routine/program every 6-8 weeks to keep my muscle from adapting to the exercises.

yeah this thread has a Bullshit feel to it…

1 Like

That is the benefit of youthful vigor, hormone profile, and no real time accumulating fat. You can’t eat like that for ever, but a lot of people can get away with it for a good while.

You might even do well to relax and loosen up a little on your ideas of what works. You can eat “perfectly” or clean or what ever floats your boat and not gain a thing if it isn’t enough.

Fyi the op on his bio info says hes been lifting for 7 years since the age of 20 has gone from 115 to 150. So im questions some stuff… Basically, how someone whom has been lifting for 7 years isnt more knowledgeable than he should with that amount of time invested. . Just saying I have seen guys on the beginner section whom seem to have a better handle on things. Which at first I assumed he was based on the actual routine he had posted.,So im stepping out of this one.

@SkyzykS Fyi came back and rewrote this post in actual English since it was a jumbled mess

1 Like

Dan John says: most people stay in the “medium” zone and never see results past the very fist newbie gains everyone sees. They work in the “high frequency, low intensity” zones all the time, with both their strength and conditioning. Instead of doing short, focused workouts based on compound barbell moves, they do set after set of shit like that program that’s listed here.

I would suggest to the OP to pick a minimalist plan. This will force you to scrap all the useless crap, and put real effort into high impact lifts. Try 531 triumvirate, Thibadeau’s minimalist plan, or pretty much any Dan John program. Give it a good 10 weeks, and then you’ll convince yourself that 95% of what you’re doing is not only useless, but actually detrimental to you seeing results.

3 Likes

My native language!

1 Like

English or jumbled mess?

1 Like

Dan John books should be mandatory reading for high school PE. Actually kind of serious about this.

2 Likes

Jumbled mess. It’s a 'burgh thing. We do stuff to words that would bring shame to most native English speakers.

1 Like

Yeah I guess I got myself in the medium zone and gotta break out of it. I already started a minimalist routine

Well to be fair, I was 165 at one point last year and lost 35 lbs from mono and it took awhile to gain my weight and strength back. I do wish I was 180 lbs but I do feel good and healthy, just want to improve everything and learn more.