workout music

Brad-If you like Rammstein, check out Megaherz. It’s good stuff.

Rocky music is very inspirational. When it plays it reminds you of what rocky stood for and how hard he worked to become the champ.

I’m surprised I haven’t seen this yet (or maybe I missed it or maybe I’m just too frigging old…or both) but for me the Rocky music still rules supreme when I need to get pumped…

Who can forget the original theme…da-da-daaaaaaaaaaa, da-da-daaaaaaaa.

Or the Eye of the Tiger from Rocky 2?

Rocky 3 sported No Easy Way Out.

Rocky 4 had the infamous Training Montage.

Of course there were others, but those are my favs

Disturbed

Emperor, Obituary, and…James Taylor? I think I’m missing something here.

Emperor’s good. So is Immortal, Mayhem, Cradle of Filth, Napalm Death, Dillinger Escape Plan, Morbid Angel, Borknagar, Children of Bodom…stuff like that.

My current CD is the following:

Evanescence - Going Under
Fuel - Won’t Back Down
Hed Planet Earth - Suck it Up
Korn - Did my Time (new single)
Ice Cube - Pushin Weight
AudioSlave - Show Me How to Live
Darwins Waiting Room - Live for The Moment
E-Town Concrete - More Than Incredible
Ra - Rectifier
Linkin Park - Points of Authority (Crystal Method Remix)
Mudvayne - Not Falling
Seether - Fine again (song fucking sucks now)
Stuck Mojo - Despise
DMX - Ima Bang (shitty song as well)

ultrafilter, Dillinger Escape Plan is one of the greatest and most underrated bands ever. I think their drummer is probably the best in the world without exaggeration.

I personally either listen to Lamb of God or Dr Dre (2001) when I lift. Lamb of God for when I’m lifting and pissed off and Dr Dre when I feel like Ronnie Coleman.

Heres some others that a buncha people might like:

• Shadows Fall
  • God Forbid
  • In Flames (definitely check these guys out)
  • Meshuggah
  • Strife
  • Dillinger Escape Plan (as mentioned above)
  • Earth Crisis
  • Converge
  • Between the Buried and Me
  • Prayer For Cleansing

If you have DSL or Cable check out at least one song from each of these guys if you like metal. It’ll definitely give you a whole new arsenal of “songs to kick people’s asses to.”

1. Slayer
  2. Testament
  3. Nevermore
  4. Anthrax
  5. In Flames

Long Live True Metal !!!

The newest Evanescence album is loaded with great workout songs. Aside from 2 slower tempo songs, almost everything else on the album makes great workout music.

Holy shit Biohazard is sweet! I can’t believe I’ve never heard this before.

This should be in the off topic area. But you know what I am going to chime in anyways.

1.Anything from Eminem, DMX, 50 cent

and from the metal side old school:

Mettalica(and the new cd still sucks does sound like the old Mettalica at all!)
Slayer
Anthrax
Iron Madien
Megadeath
Judes Priest
WASP
Quiet Roit
KISS

Red Hot Chilli Pepper ( not a metal band but good work-out music)

thats all I can think of now.

In Health,

Silas C.

by the way I fogot two GNR for those of you who don’t remember stands for Gun’s and Roses also Aerosmith another great group to work-out w/ and they are still rocking!

Ahoy!

Chrismcl: you’re right about the Dillinger escape plan being a great band but the drummer from Dream Theater wins that contest hands down. My List:

Strapping Young Lad
Pissing Razors
More Strapping Young Lad

BMF

My gym plays techno and variations of techno. It’s not what I play at home, but there is a good pulsating beat and the songs last a long time, which is good for getting some extended concentration. No lyrics or minimal lyrics, which is non-distracting. No commercials, it’s “X radio” or something like that (muzak-type subscription thing).

I find that I don’t want any kind of music that’s distracting, for any reason. Honestly, the music at my gym is a huge plus to me. No commercials is important, who wants to get ready for a big set and then there’s a commercial for pimple cream or something. And walkmen have been a hassle in the gym, for me.

If I am just trying to get myself psyched up at home, or out for a run:

Entombed “Wolverine Blues”
Sepultura “Chaos A.D.”
Sleep “Jerusalem”
Iron Monkey “Our Problem”
High on Fire “Surrounded by Thieves”
Rammstein “Sehnsucht”

How can anyone train along to Emperor? There’s not a steady rythym or groove to latch onto, just flailing chaos. I don’t think I could train to Slayer, either (but I never tried).

You crazy kids…

Yeah, flailing chaos! I love it. What better to get you pissed? hahaha

Neil

Pantera’s Vulgar Display of Power is the single best complete album to train to.

Also some Zeppelin, Metallica, Megadeth is ok, Guns n Roses, System of a Down, Korn…

As far as rap goes – I like Mystikal, some Nappy Roots, Outkast, Busta, Bone Thugs, Eminem, Ludacris

I just looked up a few Ill Nino tunes… I just can’t get into that REALLY hard metal. There are so many bands that sound just like that. I can’t take those vocals seriously… its sounds like they’re just joking around or something.

Only two I can think of that I haven’t seen up there… The Haunted and then Flaw has a few good songs.

Good call oh the Pantera album Ryno…

Ahhhh … Vulgar Display of Power. Nice music to listen to at work, too!

Walk on, homeboy!

Yanni.

Straight up Yanni.