Workout Ideas While in Africa?

[quote]SuperFast wrote:
Deadlift the crocodiles, curl the gazelles, climbing the tree to get away from the lion will qualify as pull-ups, and use the hippopotamus for “sled work”.

I have never been to Africa, but those are my suggestions based on what I imagine it is like.[/quote]

im sure it is exactly like you imagine

where was that one youtube from? congo? Where dudes made barbells out of car axles with brakes attached.

[quote]eeu743 wrote:

[quote]jwesus wrote:
fight a lion?[/quote]

fuckin…exactly what I was gonna say. Find a young lion and fight it. As it grows, so will you. And you’ll be best buds.[/quote]

HAHAHAHH

[quote]eeu743 wrote:

[quote]jwesus wrote:
fight a lion?[/quote]

fuckin…exactly what I was gonna say. Find a young lion and fight it. As it grows, so will you. And you’ll be best buds.[/quote]

Yeah and then it eats you.

pick up some TRX straps and hook em to a tree or whatever you can.

Run from the AIDS and you’ll be faster than the kenyans

[quote]SuperFast wrote:
Deadlift the crocodiles, curl the gazelles, climbing the tree to get away from the lion will qualify as pull-ups, and use the hippopotamus for “sled work”.

I have never been to Africa, but those are my suggestions based on what I imagine it is like.[/quote]

Okay, this made me laugh out loud.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
Run from the AIDS and you’ll be faster than the kenyans[/quote]

haha

it might look funny, but additionally (to backpack weighted push ups and chins) :

curls: two plastic 5l canisters emptied from water w/ handles - fill them with sand
if you find some incline thing you can do prone rows with them
dips; on two chair backs , but for tricepses weighted close grip push ups will be more than enough
tire flipping; if you find one

but if you have some cash to spend you can buy pair of kettlebells there, the entire body can be trained by them. also, you might find expander useful.

^^…and the cool thing is, they will still be more built than many here.

No air conditioning.

No pool.

No cardio equipment.

Hell, no fucking SHADE.

They could have at least moved the bench under the damned tree. That’s hardcore!

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
[/quote]

Is it just me or is that a white guy?

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
[/quote]

Is it just me or is that a white guy?[/quote]

LOL @ that being an odd thing…in Africa.

They’ve sort of been there for quite a while.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
[/quote]

Is it just me or is that a white guy?[/quote]

Imposter!!

[quote]Professor X wrote:
No air conditioning.

No pool.

No cardio equipment.

Hell, no fucking SHADE.

[/quote]

Hey if you think that’s bad try working out here in the Highlands in Winter (-15 degs) :slight_smile:

Haha, made some of my best gains in that tent

I remember one night looking out into the starry sky being in admiration while benching…and then it pissing down with rain, leaking through the roof and into my eyes (probably with acid rain from America)

Ah the memories