Workout Help Needed

LOL NIC CAGE!!

I am going to go for a self-reflective walk over to the mall so I can have a panic attack over my routine out in the sun instead of in my room.

I think the way I approach leg training needs to change.
Every two days + sprint intervals the day after seems dumb.
My legs have no power, no power at all my friends. Tis a sad thing.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
Dear hot-boded men and women of T-Nation,

I got rejected by a dumb boy early in March and vowed to myself that I would lose weight and become figure athlete chick hot.
[/quote]

Avoid dumb boys, Spock!

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
I started out at 150lbs and I am now sitting at 140lbs, but I am very short and wish to be closer to 125-130.
[/quote]

Weight is a poor measurement of progress.

Did your body composition change?

Do you want to weigh 130 because you lost muscle mass?

If… your BF% is going down, and your LBM is increasing, who cares what you weigh?

Get a body composition measurement.

As for your workouts…

I think you’re doing too much.

Drop a leg day for active rest. Just walk a day instead.

Otherwise,

Look at CT’s programs for the Indigo users
Look at the variations of 531

Read some of Dan John’s articles

He has a lot of insight that can help with your goals.

Hope it helps.

Oh… Just Relax.

Take a deep breath, give your son a big hug. And relax.

2b

Here’s my 2 cents:

Focus on strength and muscle gain while on full dose indigo, don’t undereat. Otherwise you’ll be partially wasting your money.
Indigo should help your fat cells’ efficiency which makes dieting and fat loss easier. If you still feel like that could be improved then what you could do is run a keto diet with maintenance Indigo for at least 6 weeks (after the initial full dose Indigo + muscle gain). During those 6 weeks you could add in some Carbolin 19 type compound to help lean out.
So right now make sure to eat enough calories and protein and add some heavier lifts in your program.

I would completely change your training routine into something less discombobulating. Get Jim Wendler’s 5/3/1 or Paul Carter’s Lift-Run-Bang 365 (each $10 on Kindle). You can finish with rep maxes and still go crazy on the assistance work if you feel you need to.
Don’t overdo the cardio (i.e. don’t go fanatic on it), it’s counterproductive. Steady state walking is OK and will help you lean out, short burst intervals will help trigger fat loss and is OK if you don’t do it too long (so don’t wear yourself out with it).

On the emotional side (just my interpretation):
It seems like you’ve bitten into some external goals (i.e. body comp, looks) in order to process some heavier emotions. Unfortunately that won’t work in the long haul, whether you’ll reach those external goals or not. At some point you’ll have to look in the mirror and acknowledge what and how you feel and move from there.
I might be completely wrong in my interpretation here and I don’t mean to offend. That just seems to be the undercurrent of your post.
It’s easy to lose yourself into fanatical training for all the wrong reasons. I’ve seen it happen to plenty of people, including myself, and you can lose years pursuing shit that’s actually not really you.

All the best

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
in a cup of sweet potato it says 180 calories so I figured 2/3’s of a cup would be like 160?
[/quote]

2/3 of 180 is 120. :slight_smile:

[quote]Hall.Arthur wrote:
By the workout routine you just described it sounds like there is far to much emphasis on the weight lifting. The emphasis should be put much more on a cardio based workout routine versus a weight lifting workout routine.[/quote]

Please never post horrendous advice like this again.

[quote]2busy wrote:

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
Dear hot-boded men and women of T-Nation,

I got rejected by a dumb boy early in March and vowed to myself that I would lose weight and become figure athlete chick hot.
[/quote]

Avoid dumb boys, Spock!

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
I started out at 150lbs and I am now sitting at 140lbs, but I am very short and wish to be closer to 125-130.
[/quote]

Weight is a poor measurement of progress.

Did your body composition change?

Do you want to weigh 130 because you lost muscle mass?

If… your BF% is going down, and your LBM is increasing, who cares what you weigh?

Get a body composition measurement.

As for your workouts…

I think you’re doing too much.

Drop a leg day for active rest. Just walk a day instead.

Otherwise,

Look at CT’s programs for the Indigo users
Look at the variations of 531

Read some of Dan John’s articles

He has a lot of insight that can help with your goals.

Hope it helps.

Oh… Just Relax.

Take a deep breath, give your son a big hug. And relax.

2b
[/quote]
This. Stop concentrating on the scale weight and concentrate on how your clothes fit and feel and how your ass looks

Wonders if Spock ever came back to this thread.

[quote]Hall.Arthur wrote:
By the workout routine you just described it sounds like there is far to much emphasis on the weight lifting. The emphasis should be put much more on a cardio based workout routine versus a weight lifting workout routine.[/quote]

Oh my good-ness! I am so sorry I abandoned this thread! That is so not like me either, gah.

WEll, I have decided to start Thibsy layering stuffs and make it my mission to turn any and all extra blubber into super awesome muscle.

I will {{attempt}} to stop caring so much about what the scale says, but sometimes it’s hard not to let it f**k with your head.

I am 5’0, so 138lbs just seems like it’s too darn much! But I can pull down my pants without un zipping them now, so I KNOW good things are happening :).

THANKS TO ALL.