Workout Help Needed

Dear hot-boded men and women of T-Nation,

I have come to the realization that my workout routine is probably very stupid and humbly seek your advice and knowledge.

Here are the deets:
I got rejected by a dumb boy early in March and vowed to myself that I would lose weight and become figure athlete chick hot.
I started out at 150lbs and I am now sitting at 140lbs, but I am very short and wish to be closer to 125-130.

The scale barely moves and it makes me want to punch things.
I am taking in around 1750 calories per day and I haven’t strayed from my diet OnCE since the day I told myself to stop being fat.

I am the kind of person who believes being insanely excessive is the best possible way to do things, so my routine is probably not helping me out as much as it could be.
THis is what I do

Quad focus day
Back squats 5 sets of 6
Front squats 4 sets of 6 + all out set
Double contraction/paused leg ext. 4 x 6 + 2 sets to failure
Close stance leg press drop set or 3 x 8 + 2 sets to failure
UM then I’ll do some KB swings and some plate side bends
OH, and I do leg spreader like 3 x 10 or something

Next day
Shoulders/intervals
Push press 4 x 6
Shoulder circuit
4 diff. exercies x 8 reps x’s 4 rounds + one round AMRAP for all of em
20 mins hill sprint intervals
ab circuit 3 diff. excersies x’s 15 reps x’s 4 rounds

Next day
Bi’s tri’s
One main thingie for each 4 x 6
then a circuit of 6 diff. exercises blah blah, same as my shoulder shit
25 mins step mill

Hamstring focus
Back squats 5 x 6
deadlifts 4 x 6 + one high rep set
lying leg curl 2 x 8 + an extended set that’s like 8 + 4 + 2
Oh and that is paused at top
Wide stance leg press
super slow seated leg curl with pause 4 x 6 + 2 sets to failure
leg spreader
side bends and some KB swings if I have time or whatever, sometimes I add KB deadlifts and stuff.

CHESTDAY
Normal grip bench 4 x 6 + AMRAP
Wide grip SS close grip 3 x 8 each
incline bench X’s whatever I decide, probably like 3 x 8 with the last set being extended
power fly SS DB squeeze press 3 x 8 each + one final AMRAP
then one resistance machine I decide to do
20 mins hill sprint intervals
ab circuit

BACK DAY
Chin ups x’s 3 sets
this one back thing I don’t know what it’s called
Kayaka row 4 x 6
straight arm pull down 3 x 8 + extended set
facepulls paused + 2 sets AMRAP not paused
then two other things I chose, like rest/pause seated row or different handle attachments to the lat pull or just whatever is closest to me at the time
heavier-ish bi curls 4 x 6
25 mins step mill

STart back over with quad day
FUCK THAT TOOK SO LONG TO TYPE OUT. Serious props to anyone that actually reads all that, LOL.

So yes, I don’t take any rest days and I think my routine kinda sucks and I don’t really enjoy my workouts anymore.
Also when I say things like I did 5 sets of 6 squats I probably did like 8 sets because I start to get OCD about things and re do shit and then I kinda feel like crying cause nothing ever ends.
Um…
Ya.

Also, my workouts take forever and I am sick of it. Especially cause I start a new job next week and somedays I’ll be working like 11 hours a day.
I just don’t know if I am doing stuff wrong, I guess??

OH SUPPS:
I am taking Indigo
MAG -10
ZMA
fish oil
I think that’s all? Vit. C cause I think if I miss taking it a day I’ll get a pimple which actually does happen so :PPPPPPPP
OH AND VIT D DUHHH

Anyway, any input or anything would be really appreciated. I just feel like I’m spinning my wheels a bit here.
MUCH LOVE

<>

1750 calories of what?

What I mean is, as detailed as you were, more detail about your diet would be helpful for any kind of assessment.

SURE!

K
5:47am 6 Indigo’s
6:35 shake with um coffee 1 scoop protien powder 2/3rds cup sweet potato 1 cup of almond milk BLEND
workout starts about 8 goes to like 9:45

post workout MAG-10 serving
shower
2 rice cakes
Do stuff for a few hours
lunch at 1 pm
1 chicken breast with sauteyed veggies like mushrooms and peppers + 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
Do stuff for a few hours
MAG-10 “pulse” as they say, at around 3pm
OH add indigo’s at 5pm here X’s 6
Supper at 6pm, usually big ass pile steamed veggies, 1/2 cup canned squash and a bison patty. Or a turkey patty, or sometimes a beef patty.
I make losta patties…

post dinner snack is some gluten free hot rice cereal 1/3 cup raw =200 cals and 1/2 cup canned pumpkin is like 45 cals
Put it all together and it’s 245 cals, ya
BED at 9:15 cause I can’t stay awake any later than that…

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
SURE!

K
6:35 shake with um coffee 1 scoop protien powder 2/3rds cup sweet potato 1 cup of almond milk BLEND

shower
2 rice cakes
Do stuff for a few hours
lunch at 1 pm
1 chicken breast with sauteyed veggies like mushrooms and peppers + 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
Do stuff for a few hours
Supper at 6pm, usually big ass pile steamed veggies, 1/2 cup canned squash and a bison patty. Or a turkey patty, or sometimes a beef patty.
I make losta patties…

post dinner snack is some gluten free hot rice cereal 1/3 cup raw =200 cals and 1/2 cup canned pumpkin is like 45 cals
BED at 9:15 cause I can’t stay awake any later than that… [/quote]

With the MAG-10, I put you closer to 2000 kcal daily on that diet.

Well I’m not an expert, so hopefully someone with more experience will chime in. That said the diet looks pretty darn good to me. I don’t think you are optimizing the Indigo (how many carbs are the sweet potatoes do you think?). How tall are you (I know you said you’re short). If you already dropped 10 pounds another 10-15 shouldn’t be too hard unless we’re talking like 6% bf here. It might just be a matter of patience and persistence.

You could try revamping your workout. Something as simple as changing how long you rest might do the trick. It also looks like you never do less than 6 reps so following a more strength oriented program for a cycle or two might be the change you need.

Check out l-bomb10’s indigo log if you haven’t. She’s made good progress and being a women should offer a better perspective than I can.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_indigo_2/lbomb10s_indigo3g_log?id=4893713&pageNo=0

[quote]Mad Martigan wrote:

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
SURE!

K

shower
2 rice cakes
Do stuff for a few hours
lunch at 1 pm
Do stuff for a few hours
I make losta patties…

With the MAG-10, I put you closer to 2000 kcal daily on that diet. [/quote]

How could you possibly know that?

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
SURE!

K

shower
2 rice cakes
Do stuff for a few hours
lunch at 1 pm
Do stuff for a few hours
I make losta patties…

K lemmie check
b-fast= 100+160+40
MAG-10=120
rice cakes=140
lunch=150+60
MAG-10=120
supper=275+65
snack=245

1475 + around 300 cals worth of veggies = 1775
Where are my numbers wrong?? Did the internet lie to me about how many cals is in something?

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Well I’m not an expert, so hopefully someone with more experience will chime in. That said the diet looks pretty darn good to me. I don’t think you are optimizing the Indigo (how many carbs are the sweet potatoes do you think?). How tall are you (I know you said you’re short). If you already dropped 10 pounds another 10-15 shouldn’t be too hard unless we’re talking like 6% bf here. It might just be a matter of patience and persistence.

You could try revamping your workout. Something as simple as changing how long you rest might do the trick. It also looks like you never do less than 6 reps so following a more strength oriented program for a cycle or two might be the change you need.

Check out l-bomb10’s indigo log if you haven’t. She’s made good progress and being a women should offer a better perspective than I can.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_indigo_2/lbomb10s_indigo3g_log?id=4893713&pageNo=0

[/quote]

Thanks so much for the input!

I should creep the indigo logs more often.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[/quote]

Thanks so much for the input!

I should creep the indigo logs more often. [/quote]

No problem, good luck!

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
SURE!

K

shower
2 rice cakes
Do stuff for a few hours
lunch at 1 pm
Do stuff for a few hours
I make losta patties…

K lemmie check
b-fast= 100+160+40
MAG-10=120
rice cakes=140
lunch=150+60
MAG-10=120
supper=275+65
snack=245

Where are my numbers wrong?? Did the internet lie to me about how many cals is in something?[/quote]

Of course there a ton of variables, in measurements, the weights of the meat, any and all cooking oils etc. that I won’t address, but I have you bfast closer to 360-400, your lunch closer to 450. The lunch seems like the place you are far off. 1/4 cup of quinoa is roughly 130 calories alone. Everything else looks right, but the extra 200-300 calories there makes a different # for me.

No matter what the number, I don’t think anyone would believe you are eating so few calories to elicit some sort of metabolic shutdown at your gender and size. So, with that in mind, you can try shaving off a few non-protein calories and see what happens. Just my 2 cents, though.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
SURE!

K

shower
2 rice cakes
Do stuff for a few hours
lunch at 1 pm
Do stuff for a few hours
I make losta patties…

K lemmie check
b-fast= 100+160+40
MAG-10=120
rice cakes=140
lunch=150+60
MAG-10=120
supper=275+65
snack=245

Where are my numbers wrong?? Did the internet lie to me about how many cals is in something?[/quote]

Of course there a ton of variables, in measurements, the weights of the meat, any and all cooking oils etc. that I won’t address, but I have you bfast closer to 360-400, your lunch closer to 450. The lunch seems like the place you are far off. 1/4 cup of quinoa is roughly 130 calories alone. Everything else looks right, but the extra 200-300 calories there makes a different # for me.

No matter what the number, I don’t think anyone would believe you are eating so few calories to elicit some sort of metabolic shutdown at your gender and size. So, with that in mind, you can try shaving off a few non-protein calories and see what happens. Just my 2 cents, though.[/quote]

Well I don’t really use cooking oils, unless it’s the turkey patties and then I factor it in when I do my calculations.
I have a package of meat and read how much it weighs and see how many cals are in that amount and then I multiply and divide shit…
And the internet told me in 1/4 cup cooked quinoa there are only 55.5 calories.
And my protien powder is 100 calories in a scoop and in a cup of sweet potato it says 180 calories so I figured 2/3’s of a cup would be like 160?

I don’t know, maybe my data website is not as reliable or something?
I thought being on indigo meant I didn’t have to have drastically reduce calories to lose fat, but maybe I could cut some out somewhere. I just already feel hungry so it sucks to have eat less.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
SURE!

K

shower
2 rice cakes
Do stuff for a few hours
lunch at 1 pm
Do stuff for a few hours
I make losta patties…

K lemmie check
b-fast= 100+160+40
MAG-10=120
rice cakes=140
lunch=150+60
MAG-10=120
supper=275+65
snack=245

No matter what the number, I don’t think anyone would believe you are eating so few calories to elicit some sort of metabolic shutdown at your gender and size. So, with that in mind, you can try shaving off a few non-protein calories and see what happens. Just my 2 cents, though.[/quote]

Well I don’t really use cooking oils, unless it’s the turkey patties and then I factor it in when I do my calculations.
I have a package of meat and read how much it weighs and see how many cals are in that amount and then I multiply and divide shit…
And the internet told me in 1/4 cup cooked quinoa there are only 55.5 calories.
And my protien powder is 100 calories in a scoop and in a cup of sweet potato it says 180 calories so I figured 2/3’s of a cup would be like 160?

I don’t know, maybe my data website is not as reliable or something?
I thought being on indigo meant I didn’t have to have drastically reduce calories to lose fat, but maybe I could cut some out somewhere. I just already feel hungry so it sucks to have eat less.
[/quote]

Fair enough. There are so many variables it’s hard to know exactly (are we talking a 1/4 cup of quinoa, then cooked, or literally what amounts to 1/4 cup of quinoa that has been cooked? (If the latter, boy that’s not a lot of quinoa - why even bother making it?)).

Anyhow, I was going to recommend some fasted walking or LISS on your off day, but then I looked at your routine. Whoa, ma’am. No rest days? Might be killin’ it a little too hard in the gym, but I would leave that to someone more experienced on here to advise you with.

Any one else have an opinion?

Hey Spockinator. There is no shortage of internet advice about losing fat. Zero carb, nutrient timing, blah, blah.
When I was in university I dropped a ton (well, not a ton…30lbs) of fat in about 8 weeks and I was not fat to start with. I ate like you are now but more (minus the supplements) and trained about the same (6 days a week).

The thing that made the biggest difference was NO food after supper. The hungrier I was the better, since that meant it was working. If I absolutely needed something I would grab a small handful of Cheerios or something like that, but that was rare.

Might work.

By the workout routine you just described it sounds like there is far to much emphasis on the weight lifting. The emphasis should be put much more on a cardio based workout routine versus a weight lifting workout routine.

[quote]Hall.Arthur wrote:
By the workout routine you just described it sounds like there is far to much emphasis on the weight lifting. The emphasis should be put much more on a cardio based workout routine versus a weight lifting workout routine.[/quote]
Too much emphasis on the weight lifting you say? You sonofa…

By the workout routine you just described it sounds like there is far to much emphasis on the weight lifting. The emphasis should be put much more on a cardio based workout routine versus a weight lifting workout routine.[/quote]

Didn’t you just start a thread asking for advice on how to lose weight?

I’ve done almost zero cardio when I wanted to lose fat. Works for some but it’s not necessary.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Didn’t you just start a thread asking for advice on how to lose weight? [/quote]

No, he asked how to “tone up” if I recall correctly.

This is the thought process that causes women in my neighborhood to endlessly run, and there is no doubt in my mind that those same women wonder why they don’t like their physiques. It’s a myth that will not die.

I talked about this in another thread. Once people accept an idea, it’s hard to dislodge it - even to the point where they give advice on it without knowing if it’s even true (even at a subjective level).

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Didn’t you just start a thread asking for advice on how to lose weight? [/quote]

No, he asked how to “tone up” if I recall correctly.

This is the thought process that causes women in my neighborhood to endlessly run, and there is no doubt in my mind that those same women wonder why they don’t like their physiques. It’s a myth that will not die.

I talked about this in another thread. Once people accept an idea, it’s hard to dislodge it - even to the point where they give advice on it without knowing if it’s even true (even at a subjective level). [/quote]

Ya he wants to tone up the fat on his lower stomach :slight_smile:

I agree though, ideas are infectious and not always in a good way.