Workout Fuel, Recovery, Alpha-GPC During a Powerlifting Meet

I’m using a modified version of the protocol described elsewhere (2, Alpha-GPC 60 minutes before workout, 2 scoops of WF 30 minutes before, 1 scoop of Recovery 15 minutes before and 1 during). I’ve got a powerlifting meet coming up in a couple of weeks and as I’ve gotten back into the equipment, I’m noticing that it is fitting tighter than it used to, I think partially because of the pump (I hate that word) I’m getting from the supplements.

I’d like to keep that feeling for my meet – any thoughts on how to use the above supplements for a full three-lift meet that is likely to run 8+ hours?

[quote]burt128 wrote:
I’m using a modified version of the protocol described elsewhere (2, Alpha-GPC 60 minutes before workout, 2 scoops of SWF 30 minutes before, 1 scoop of Recovery 15 minutes before and 1 during).

I’ve got a powerlifting meet coming up in a couple of weeks and as I’ve gotten back into the equipment, I’m noticing that it is fitting tighter than it used to, I think partially because of the pump (I hate that word) I’m getting from the supplements.

I’d like to keep that feeling for my meet – any thoughts on how to use the above supplements for a full three-lift meet that is likely to run 8+ hours?[/quote]

-Start off your day with 1 cup of brown rice topped with ground flaxseed, 1-2 full eggs and 4 full egg whites and an apple or banana
(1) 900-1200 mg Alpha-GPC 60-90 min. before competition
(2) 2 scoops of SWF 30 min. before competition
(3) 1 scoop of Surge Recovery during, 1 scoop Surge Recovery after competition
-Dinner: Red Meat or Fish, Green Leafy Veggies of your choice, fish oil or tbsp. olive oil
-30-50 min. before bed: 1-2 C. Cottage Cheese or 1-2 Scoops of Low Carb Metabolic Drive or Casein Protein (if you have this)

Repeat this sequence two to three times as needed (minus the breakfast and post competition meals suggested above). I think if CT were to answer this, he would give a similar protocol/guideline for you to follow . . . Except if it were him, he would probably substitute two finibars instead of that breakfast that I listed above.

/\ That would leave him with 8 hours of the meet and only 1 scoop of Surge recovery for sustenance.

More likely if you are lifting with several hours break then a mini protocol stating 60 minutes before every lift, but thats just a guess, lets wait for CT.

I’ll take it you dont need to drop much/any to make weight?

[quote]crazym wrote:

I’ll take it you dont need to drop much/any to make weight?[/quote]

I only need to drop about 3-4 pounds with a 2-hr weighin.