Workout for My Work Schedule

I am not new to the gym. But this work schedule has got me at a loss. I can only work out on my days off. Mon. Tues. Off Wed. Thur. Work Fri. Sat. Sun. Off next week Mon. Tues. Work Wed. Thur. Off Fri. Sat. Sun. Work … it’s the same every two weeks. My goal is to stay buff and strong. Any help would be great thanks. .

[quote]jhinalabama wrote:
I am not new to the gym. But this work schedule has got me at a loss. I can only work out on my days off. Mon. Tues. Off Wed. Thur. Work Fri. Sat. Sun. Off next week Mon. Tues. Work Wed. Thur. Off Fri. Sat. Sun. Work … it’s the same every two weeks. My goal is to stay buff and strong. Any help would be great thanks. .[/quote]

If, as you imply, you’re already fit (you state your goal is to stay buff and strong, not get buff and strong), I don’t think the reduced workout schedule foisted upon you by your job will cause you to backslide. If I understand your schedule, every two weeks you have two 2-day blocks off, and one 3-day block off. So even if you worked each bodypart only once per off-block, that would amount to working everything three times every fourteen days–an average of once every 4-5 days. This is frequent enough to where muscle loss will not occur (and gains are possible).

As for the split, you might consider the following:
–On the two 2-day breaks, work Upper Body one day, Lower the other. Focus on basic movements, and lift for strength/power.
–On the 3-day break, use a three-day split (maybe Push/Legs/Pull), and do BBing-style workouts–more sets, more reps, isolation movements, pump work, etc.

Finally, if you could sneak in some core and bodyweight work on your ‘job’ days, that might be productive as well. Best of luck.

I think I work something similar. I work 12 hour shifts, so I normally eat and go to sleep after work. I’ve found training on my days off has been good. It has forced me to rest my body. I’ve made some really good gains over the years.

I think I work something similar. I work 12 hour shifts, so I normally eat and go to sleep after work. I’ve found training on my days off has been good. It has forced me to rest my body. I’ve made some really good gains over the years.

[quote]EyeDentist wrote:

[quote]jhinalabama wrote:
I am not new to the gym. But this work schedule has got me at a loss. I can only work out on my days off. Mon. Tues. Off Wed. Thur. Work Fri. Sat. Sun. Off next week Mon. Tues. Work Wed. Thur. Off Fri. Sat. Sun. Work … it’s the same every two weeks. My goal is to stay buff and strong. Any help would be great thanks. .[/quote]

If, as you imply, you’re already fit (you state your goal is to stay buff and strong, not get buff and strong), I don’t think the reduced workout schedule foisted upon you by your job will cause you to backslide. If I understand your schedule, every two weeks you have two 2-day blocks off, and one 3-day block off. So even if you worked each bodypart only once per off-block, that would amount to working everything three times every fourteen days–an average of once every 4-5 days. This is frequent enough to where muscle loss will not occur (and gains are possible).

As for the split, you might consider the following:
–On the two 2-day breaks, work Upper Body one day, Lower the other. Focus on basic movements, and lift for strength/power.
–On the 3-day break, use a three-day split (maybe Push/Legs/Pull), and do BBing-style workouts–more sets, more reps, isolation movements, pump work, etc.

Finally, if you could sneak in some core and bodyweight work on your ‘job’ days, that might be productive as well. Best of luck.[/quote]

This is some quality advice right here.

Thanks for the advice. That’s kinda what I was thinking but I didn’t know how it would work. As far as my buffness I haven’t been in the gym for about 2 years. So I’ve got some work to do. Thanks again.

What is your work hours?

And agree with ED