Workout Clothes

How often do you guys wash your workout outfit? I usually wear the same stuff to 4-8 consecutive workouts before washing. Somehow it doesn’t feel quite right to go train in crispy fresh clothes. I find it easier to get into the right mindset if I can smell the last workout on my clothes.

I’ll wear a different shirt every time, because they get sweaty enough to be in need of a wash.

I also don’t want to be one of the people that literally stinks. I find these people disruptive – they walk by when you are lifting and suddenly you are busy choking while trying to complete your reps.

I guess its one way to get more space in a crowded gym…

[quote]fjolnirg wrote:
How often do you guys wash your workout outfit? I usually wear the same stuff to 4-8 consecutive workouts before washing. Somehow it doesn’t feel quite right to go train in crispy fresh clothes. I find it easier to get into the right mindset if I can smell the last workout on my clothes.[/quote]

Disgusting. Are you one of those guys that reeks at the gym? The guy that smells like ass but doesn’t seem to know it? The guy who walks by you and makes you want to hurl?

You should wear clean clothes each time, not only for those around you, but to prevent yourself from harboring all kinds of bacteria and other microbes.

That is just disgusting. God I hate it when a smelly ass motherfucker walks by and makes me want to vomit. I just assumed they had a medical problem, not that they were dumb enough to rewear their workout gear.

[quote]fjolnirg wrote:
How often do you guys wash your workout outfit? I usually wear the same stuff to 4-8 consecutive workouts before washing. Somehow it doesn’t feel quite right to go train in crispy fresh clothes. I find it easier to get into the right mindset if I can smell the last workout on my clothes.[/quote]

That is quite possibly the most disgusting thing I have ever heard. I had no idea people purposely went to the gym smelling gross.

Wear clean clothes every time.

Rest assured: other people CAN smell you and it SUCKS.

The sneakers stay the same; the gym shorts get changed every week or so; everything else is different daily. The alternative would be too obnoxious to contemplate.

fjolnirg, that was quite a question.

The shorts or scrubs (yes I wear scrubs to my workouts when I can) I use change every other workout (sometimes every workout.) and the shirt is clean every single time.

This thread is hilarious - My wife and I recently(before my back injury) had a huge argument over this very subject.

I was doing ‘research’ on how many workouts my shorts would last before disintegrating. I kept them tucked under my side of the bed. My wife kept putting them in the dirty-clothes. Needless to say, they started getting pretty rank
and about six weeks into my research - they had to go into a plastic bag before going under the bed. The ass end blew out of my shorts after 9 weeks of punishment.

Before I get branded as some sort of inconsiderate freak - I have my own gym , so the funk was never a public nuisance.

If you think someone who wears gym clothes more than once between washings is harsh then stay away from hockey locker rooms…dat’s all I gots to say…

Commando Style

Dude that’s kinda gross. However I constantly belch/puke burp during hard workouts and have and will freely spew flem and occasionallly puke into the garbage cans on the gym floor. I don’t try to do this it pretty much just happens.

he he, yeah, I guess it’s kind of gross, but to my defense, my workout clothes aren’t made from the usual cotton or spandex material, it’s some… well… I don’t know exactly what it is, but it is definitely not as nasty the next workout as a cotton T-shirt would be for example. Still, I’ll concede that they smell, but they don’t reek. People avoid me at the gym because of smell.

oh, and it’s true about the hockey uniforms… there’s a picture of a hockey uniform in the dictionary where reeking is defined.

[quote]fjolnirg wrote:

There’s no getting round it, as we say in England -You’re a minger!

Okay, even with my own home gym, I’d be pushing my own olfactory endurance to go two workouts with a shirt. Shorts maybe 3. And that’s just me. If I were in a public gym, definitely clean every time. 8 workouts in the same attire? Either you’re one of those genetically challenged people who don’t sweat (I actually trained one of these – no hair and no sweat glands), or you have no sense of smell (or maybe no sense of decency).

Wow. I guess I got pretty harsh there. But you asked…