T Nation

Workout Clothes that Keep you Warm Without Sweating

I usually wear a cotton sweat shirt over a tank top (95% cotton 5% elastin), but that doesn’t keep me very warm. If I sweat I just get sticky, mostly on lower back and chest, and seem to cool down quickly between sets even though I don’t rest a lot between sets. My elbows, which sometimes give me a very slight discomfort when training, also don’t stay very warm even when I sweat so I should probably stick to long sleeves instead of tanktop/t-shirts. So my questions are:

1. What workout clothing, and layering, do you prefer that lets you stay warm throughout the workout for injury prevention?

2. What do you prefer for keeping the elbows extra warm during the workout while not being to compressing/stiff?

for elbows maybe a long sleeve tight undershirt might be enough but I’ve been thinking about buying some elbow sleeves like the Rehband Elbow Sleeve http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/93835 or this elbow sleeve http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/28061 but am worried that they might be too tight/constricting.

Underarmour loosefit long sleeve shirts are nice to lift in. Where do you workout that it’s so cold that you need a sweatshirt to keep warm? Doesnt lifitng weights accomplish that?

For the elbow question sleeves are the best option.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Underarmour loosefit long sleeve shirts are nice to lift in. Where do you workout that it’s so cold that you need a sweatshirt to keep warm? Doesnt lifitng weights accomplish that?

For the elbow question sleeves are the best option. [/quote]

thanks for the advice.

the gym isn’t cold at all, but I’ve noticed that it sometimes takes me rather long time to warm up compared to the average joe. This is probably a combination of me being lean and having a borderline low thyroid (even though I’m not trying to cut). Also when I sweat and get sticky the sweat seems to cool me down quickly which is probably why I should wear something that breathes more than cotton.

I get cold easy in the gym as well. Normally I wear a thick t-shirt covered by a long sleeved heavier shirt. And I also like my elbows to stay warm. The best stuff I have found for the outer layer are hiking clothes that wick some. I have a lighter not tight-not too loose fitting fleece hoodie that seems to keep me the right temp most of the time. You might try looking the the fleece direction.