Workout Advice?

Exactly, Strength and hypertrophy go hand in hand.

I think you definitely need to rotate your sets and weights the workout looks like a tear out of M&F. Pic a Primary exercise with a 10-8-6 one week, 3x 3 week 2 , 5x5 week 3, 5-4-3-2-1week 4 this is the test to reset the next 4 weeks. Then pic some secondary exercises and do your 3x8-12. Yeah this the old BFS workout but it works.The key is having some sort of accountability.

You need to be able to asses your workout. To drill 4x10 of what? I did that for years and the progress was pathetically slow. I knew where I wanted to go but I never changed the format. When I know I have three reps and three sets only you make the most of it. What I like most about this set up is the rotation of reps and sets seems to allow for enough change for me to not adapt to the workout to keep improving.

[quote]musclegym wrote:
I think you definitely need to rotate your sets and weights the workout looks like a tear out of M&F. Pic a Primary exercise with a 10-8-6 one week, 3x 3 week 2 , 5x5 week 3, 5-4-3-2-1week 4 this is the test to reset the next 4 weeks. Then pic some secondary exercises and do your 3x8-12. Yeah this the old BFS workout but it works.The key is having some sort of accountability.

You need to be able to asses your workout. To drill 4x10 of what? I did that for years and the progress was pathetically slow. I knew where I wanted to go but I never changed the format. When I know I have three reps and three sets only you make the most of it. What I like most about this set up is the rotation of reps and sets seems to allow for enough change for me to not adapt to the workout to keep improving.[/quote]

Now there is straight up nothing wrong with the old BFS program. that program is as good a meat factory as any program.

the OP needs to do three things:

1> Cut the reps down and get the weights up. Rep ranges above 10 is something you do for 2-4 months out of the year to maximize the heavier lifting during other times. And IMVHO The higher rep ranges for hypertrophy work better in more advanced trainees.

2> eat more. double it for 2 weeks and see what happens

3> Work EXTRA hard on those legs. Putting HEAVY 85%+ work into the legs is the great hormone stimulus of the science! The hormones are the middle management of your body and tell all the other asshole what to do. get the anabolic hormones flying around and you will get some anabolic results.

-chris

i switched from sldls to reagular deads so i can add weight to the lift, did 315x8,8,8,8 last workout, will also increase weight on the v-squat machine.

also noticing putting on a lil bit of fat, was wondering what type of other exercise ppl would recommend other than the lifts on m,t,r,f.

maybe tabata (recovery?) or long walks on off days?

does anyone have an opinion on playing basketball during a bulk? i only keep myself from playing because i think it could hurt my gains.

also, wondering if anyone tried TC’s sprint training program…

[quote]jzl1388 wrote:
does anyone have an opinion on playing basketball during a bulk? i only keep myself from playing because i think it could hurt my gains.

also, wondering if anyone tried TC’s sprint training program…[/quote]

Playing basketball won’t hurt your bulk. Neither will golf, flag football, ice-skating or interpretive dance. Eat enough to gain weight and train hard enough to gain strength.

That’s all you have to worry about.

I can honsetly tell you it’s probably not your workout. Just eat more. We have similar stats… I came in here asking the same thing (5-9, 185lbs) and 6 weeks later I’m at 195lbs. I’m eating almost double what I was eating, which has helped in terms of energy at the gym as well.

I first need to point out the ambiguity in conversation between desiring strength and mass. If you want mass, you should be taking chest measurements not listing weights.

I second working out your legs more. I have commonly heard if you want your chest to grow workout your legs more.

My bench was one of my weaker lifts until I started focusing more on tricep work. I incorporated more tricep variations to include close-grip incline bench, and several techniques such as pre/post fatigue, board presses, and dead stops.

The bottom half of the bench is dominated by your chest, and the top half of the bench is dominated by your triceps. Look at where you’re sticking then focus on the appropriate group.