T Nation

Workout Advice Needed!

Hi guys,

Im 25. Been training for nearly 10 years. I’m going to be starting my first cycle soon (Test e and dbol). I just need to get my workout sorted. Any advice?
Also I am considering 2 days on, 1 day off.

MONDAY â?? CHEST
Bench press 3 x 6-8
Cable Crossover 3 x 10-15
DB decline bench press 3 x 6-8
Flat Dumbbell Fly 3 x 6-8
Pec Deck 3 x 10 - 15

TUESDAY â?? BACK
Deadlift 3 x 6-8
Dumbell rows 3 x 8-10
Lat pulldown 3 x 10-12
Hammer row 3 x 8-10
Seated cable row 3 x 10-12

WEDNESDAY â?? SHOULDERS
Seated dumbbell press 3 x 6-8
rear delt machine 3 x 10-15
Upright rowing 3 x 6-8
Seated incline lateral raise 3 x 8-10
Arnold press 3 x 6-8
Shrugs (DB/BB) 4 x 10-12

THURSDAY â?? ARMS
Barbell curl 4 x 6-8
Alternate dumbbell curl 4 x 6-8
Preacher curl 4 x 6-8
Cable curl 4 x 10-12

Cable pushdown 4 x 8-20
Weighted dip 4 x 8-10
Overhead DB extension (both hands same time) 4 x 6-8
Close-grip bench press (z) 4 x 6-8

FRIDAY- LEGS
Squats 4 x 6-10
Romanian dead lift 3 x 10
Leg Press 3 x 10-12
Leg Extensions 3 x 12
Seated Leg Curls 3 x 12
Lying Leg Curls 3 x 12

SATURDAY â?? SHOULDERS + CHEST
DB incline bench press 3 x 6-8
Dumbell fly incline/flat/decline 3 x 6-8
Pec deck 3 x 10-15
Seated military press 3 x 6-8
One arm cable side lateral raise 3 x 6-8
One arm reverse cable fly 3 x 6-8

SUNDAY - OFF

Add in like 6 sets of shrugs and youll be set bro! And dont forget lots of posing! LOTS OF POSING

Also, Theres a new supplement out called POWERTHIRST just in case you want some good gains.

[quote]Sarev0k wrote:
Add in like 6 sets of shrugs and youll be set bro! And dont forget lots of posing! LOTS OF POSING

Also, Theres a new supplement out called POWERTHIRST just in case you want some good gains.[/quote]

Because shrugs are a BAD thing now?

And, practicing lat spreads has actually allowed me to activate them while lifting. Thanks to the old group of BOI guys, I learned that practicing posing actually does help, an awful lot actually.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

And, practicing lat spreads has actually allowed me to activate them while lifting. Thanks to the old group of BOI guys, I learned that practicing posing actually does help, an awful lot actually.

[/quote]

…we could turn this thread into something useful and discuss this in detail. I have noticed the same as far as holding contractions and “waking up” a muscle during lifting. I wrote about my biceps before…and how we used static holds when we first started doing barbell shrugs and how I think that helped us move up in weight faster.

We would pick a weight that we could not shrug multiple times but had the strength to hold in contraction at the end of the workout. I guess it helped.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Sarev0k wrote:
Add in like 6 sets of shrugs and youll be set bro! And dont forget lots of posing! LOTS OF POSING

Also, Theres a new supplement out called POWERTHIRST just in case you want some good gains.[/quote]

Because shrugs are a BAD thing now?

And, practicing lat spreads has actually allowed me to activate them while lifting. Thanks to the old group of BOI guys, I learned that practicing posing actually does help, an awful lot actually.

[/quote]

I’ve noticed this too. I was trying to do a lat spread and for the life of me couldnt flex my left lat. It was so weird to have my right side sticking out but straight ribs on the left. After practicing in my bathroom over the course of a few days I was able to get them both flared out. I definitely feel like its helped me actually “Feel” my lats working with back movements.

.greg.

I sit at this Godforsaken computer all day, except for when I get up to walk to the fridge. I’ve gotten into the habit of flexing (hard) all my muscles from legs up during the day (not all at once, duh). Not posing, per se, but hard contractions/holds of calves, glutes, bi’s, tri’s, quads, back (lat spread), even trying to connect mind to shoulders (like trying to ‘flex’ my rear delt).

I think it’s done WONDERS for my ‘mind/muscle’ connection when in the gym. Definitely something to ‘practicing’ tying your mind to muscle, IMO.

Also agree about static holds on several different movements. Good stuff.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

And, practicing lat spreads has actually allowed me to activate them while lifting. Thanks to the old group of BOI guys, I learned that practicing posing actually does help, an awful lot actually.

[/quote]

…we could turn this thread into something useful and discuss this in detail. I have noticed the same as far as holding contractions and “waking up” a muscle during lifting. I wrote about my biceps before…and how we used static holds when we first started doing barbell shrugs and how I think that helped us move up in weight faster.

We would pick a weight that we could not shrug multiple times but had the strength to hold in contraction at the end of the workout. I guess it helped.[/quote]

I’ve seen you mention it a few times. I should actually incorporate it with my bi’s. I gotta figure out a way to hit my medial delts like that too.

I like to flex my lats and gasp bi’s and chest at work, particularly during boring ass meetings. Helps pass the times while hanging with the inlaws, or boring ass picnics.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
I sit at this Godforsaken computer all day, except for when I get up to walk to the fridge. I’ve gotten into the habit of flexing (hard) all my muscles from legs up during the day (not all at once, duh). Not posing, per se, but hard contractions/holds of calves, glutes, bi’s, tri’s, quads, back (lat spread), even trying to connect mind to shoulders (like trying to ‘flex’ my rear delt).
[/quote]

I get cramps in my legs when I do it. Must be hydration… Or the excessive amount of caffeine I ingest daily.

[quote]moe273 wrote:
Hi guys,

Im 25. Been training for nearly 10 years. I’m going to be starting my first cycle soon (Test e and dbol). I just need to get my workout sorted. Any advice?
Also I am considering 2 days on, 1 day off.

MONDAY â?? CHEST
Bench press 3 x 6-8
Cable Crossover 3 x 10-15
DB decline bench press 3 x 6-8
Flat Dumbbell Fly 3 x 6-8
Pec Deck 3 x 10 - 15

TUESDAY â?? BACK
Deadlift 3 x 6-8
Dumbell rows 3 x 8-10
Lat pulldown 3 x 10-12
Hammer row 3 x 8-10
Seated cable row 3 x 10-12

WEDNESDAY â?? SHOULDERS
Seated dumbbell press 3 x 6-8
rear delt machine 3 x 10-15
Upright rowing 3 x 6-8
Seated incline lateral raise 3 x 8-10
Arnold press 3 x 6-8
Shrugs (DB/BB) 4 x 10-12

THURSDAY â?? ARMS
Barbell curl 4 x 6-8
Alternate dumbbell curl 4 x 6-8
Preacher curl 4 x 6-8
Cable curl 4 x 10-12

Cable pushdown 4 x 8-20
Weighted dip 4 x 8-10
Overhead DB extension (both hands same time) 4 x 6-8
Close-grip bench press (z) 4 x 6-8

FRIDAY- LEGS
Squats 4 x 6-10
Romanian dead lift 3 x 10
Leg Press 3 x 10-12
Leg Extensions 3 x 12
Seated Leg Curls 3 x 12
Lying Leg Curls 3 x 12

SATURDAY â?? SHOULDERS + CHEST
DB incline bench press 3 x 6-8
Dumbell fly incline/flat/decline 3 x 6-8
Pec deck 3 x 10-15
Seated military press 3 x 6-8
One arm cable side lateral raise 3 x 6-8
One arm reverse cable fly 3 x 6-8

SUNDAY - OFF
[/quote]

Wayyyyyy to much volume. Like way!!! And too much emphasis on shoulders and chest. Choose whatever split you want, however I would go with

1 Chest/Back

2 Hams/abs/calves

3 Shoulders/Back

4 Quads/abs/calves

Good frequency for your muscles, and well balanced with pushing and pulling.

Do no more than 3 exercises per major muscle group, and no more than 2 for your smaller ones. You freaking don’t need 5 exercises for chest! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]moe273 wrote:
Hi guys,

Im 25. Been training for nearly 10 years. I’m going to be starting my first cycle soon (Test e and dbol). I just need to get my workout sorted. Any advice?
[/quote]

HE’S INVENTED A TIME MACHINE!

Posted not even 2 weeks ago…

[quote]moe273 wrote:
Hi guys,

Im 22. Been training for 5/6 years. I’m going to be starting my first cycle soon and wanted to know what you think
[/quote]

[quote]23278 wrote:

[quote]moe273 wrote:
Hi guys,

Im 25. Been training for nearly 10 years. I’m going to be starting my first cycle soon (Test e and dbol). I just need to get my workout sorted. Any advice?
[/quote]

HE’S INVENTED A TIME MACHINE!

Posted not even 2 weeks ago…

[quote]moe273 wrote:
Hi guys,

Im 22. Been training for 5/6 years. I’m going to be starting my first cycle soon and wanted to know what you think
[/quote]

hahahaahaha this is awesome. So what I get out of this misinformation is that the OP is 16 and has been training for 10 days.

[quote]forbes wrote:

[quote]moe273 wrote:
Hi guys,

Im 25. Been training for nearly 10 years. I’m going to be starting my first cycle soon (Test e and dbol). I just need to get my workout sorted. Any advice?
Also I am considering 2 days on, 1 day off.

MONDAY �¢?? CHEST
Bench press 3 x 6-8
Cable Crossover 3 x 10-15
DB decline bench press 3 x 6-8
Flat Dumbbell Fly 3 x 6-8
Pec Deck 3 x 10 - 15

TUESDAY �¢?? BACK
Deadlift 3 x 6-8
Dumbell rows 3 x 8-10
Lat pulldown 3 x 10-12
Hammer row 3 x 8-10
Seated cable row 3 x 10-12

WEDNESDAY �¢?? SHOULDERS
Seated dumbbell press 3 x 6-8
rear delt machine 3 x 10-15
Upright rowing 3 x 6-8
Seated incline lateral raise 3 x 8-10
Arnold press 3 x 6-8
Shrugs (DB/BB) 4 x 10-12

THURSDAY �¢?? ARMS
Barbell curl 4 x 6-8
Alternate dumbbell curl 4 x 6-8
Preacher curl 4 x 6-8
Cable curl 4 x 10-12

Cable pushdown 4 x 8-20
Weighted dip 4 x 8-10
Overhead DB extension (both hands same time) 4 x 6-8
Close-grip bench press (z) 4 x 6-8

FRIDAY- LEGS
Squats 4 x 6-10
Romanian dead lift 3 x 10
Leg Press 3 x 10-12
Leg Extensions 3 x 12
Seated Leg Curls 3 x 12
Lying Leg Curls 3 x 12

SATURDAY �¢?? SHOULDERS + CHEST
DB incline bench press 3 x 6-8
Dumbell fly incline/flat/decline 3 x 6-8
Pec deck 3 x 10-15
Seated military press 3 x 6-8
One arm cable side lateral raise 3 x 6-8
One arm reverse cable fly 3 x 6-8

SUNDAY - OFF
[/quote]

Wayyyyyy to much volume. Like way!!! And too much emphasis on shoulders and chest. Choose whatever split you want, however I would go with

1 Chest/Back

2 Hams/abs/calves

3 Shoulders/Back

4 Quads/abs/calves

Good frequency for your muscles, and well balanced with pushing and pulling.

Do no more than 3 exercises per major muscle group, and no more than 2 for your smaller ones. You freaking don’t need 5 exercises for chest! :P[/quote]

Whers dah bicepz?

My mate asked me about a workout. I told him to put it up on T-Nation. He cudnt be bothered makin an account. So I gave him my usernamee n pass.

So go fuck yourself

[quote]thrasher_09 wrote:

[quote]forbes wrote:

[quote]moe273 wrote:
Hi guys,

Im 25. Been training for nearly 10 years. I’m going to be starting my first cycle soon (Test e and dbol). I just need to get my workout sorted. Any advice?
Also I am considering 2 days on, 1 day off.

MONDAY �?�¢?? CHEST
Bench press 3 x 6-8
Cable Crossover 3 x 10-15
DB decline bench press 3 x 6-8
Flat Dumbbell Fly 3 x 6-8
Pec Deck 3 x 10 - 15

TUESDAY �?�¢?? BACK
Deadlift 3 x 6-8
Dumbell rows 3 x 8-10
Lat pulldown 3 x 10-12
Hammer row 3 x 8-10
Seated cable row 3 x 10-12

WEDNESDAY �?�¢?? SHOULDERS
Seated dumbbell press 3 x 6-8
rear delt machine 3 x 10-15
Upright rowing 3 x 6-8
Seated incline lateral raise 3 x 8-10
Arnold press 3 x 6-8
Shrugs (DB/BB) 4 x 10-12

THURSDAY �?�¢?? ARMS
Barbell curl 4 x 6-8
Alternate dumbbell curl 4 x 6-8
Preacher curl 4 x 6-8
Cable curl 4 x 10-12

Cable pushdown 4 x 8-20
Weighted dip 4 x 8-10
Overhead DB extension (both hands same time) 4 x 6-8
Close-grip bench press (z) 4 x 6-8

FRIDAY- LEGS
Squats 4 x 6-10
Romanian dead lift 3 x 10
Leg Press 3 x 10-12
Leg Extensions 3 x 12
Seated Leg Curls 3 x 12
Lying Leg Curls 3 x 12

SATURDAY �?�¢?? SHOULDERS + CHEST
DB incline bench press 3 x 6-8
Dumbell fly incline/flat/decline 3 x 6-8
Pec deck 3 x 10-15
Seated military press 3 x 6-8
One arm cable side lateral raise 3 x 6-8
One arm reverse cable fly 3 x 6-8

SUNDAY - OFF
[/quote]

Wayyyyyy to much volume. Like way!!! And too much emphasis on shoulders and chest. Choose whatever split you want, however I would go with

1 Chest/Back

2 Hams/abs/calves

3 Shoulders/Back

4 Quads/abs/calves

Good frequency for your muscles, and well balanced with pushing and pulling.

Do no more than 3 exercises per major muscle group, and no more than 2 for your smaller ones. You freaking don’t need 5 exercises for chest! :P[/quote]

Whers dah bicepz?
[/quote]

Oops, meant to put them on chest/back and shoulder/back day.

No, I will not go fuck myself. There’s no need for you to start a pissing match. The account is yours and you’re responsible for whatever is posted while using it and subject to any criticism you receive if shit doesn’t add up.

What you say could be true, or could be a lie. This is the internet and workout forums are known to have trolls who bend facts to put themselves in a better light so members are more inclined to help them. They usually get caught on something. This particular situation is not unfamiliar, but for now I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.

You’re training volume is ridiculous, even for someone on gear. There comes a point where you’re muscles will fatigue and the weight you’ll be lifting in your later sets will be insufficient to do much else then breakdown the outer fascia of your muscle. It would be better to drop your rep range and increase the weight, tear the muscle deep, and save the energy from those later sets to put towards the next workout. In fact, everything that was posted in response to your “mate’s” post applies to you as well.

[quote]moe273 wrote:
My mate asked me about a workout. I told him to put it up on T-Nation. He cudnt be bothered makin an account. So I gave him my usernamee n pass.

So go fuck yourself[/quote]

Are you and your mate ready for the roids? post some pics/stats for us

[quote]moe273 wrote:
My mate asked me about a workout. I told him to put it up on T-Nation. He cudnt be bothered makin an account. So I gave him my usernamee n pass.
[/quote]

Nice try, but the two introductions posted above are too similarly worded to be authored by different people (the sections about steroids are identical). 23278 was right and you’re just bitter at being exposed as a bad liar.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]moe273 wrote:
My mate asked me about a workout. I told him to put it up on T-Nation. He cudnt be bothered makin an account. So I gave him my usernamee n pass.
[/quote]

Nice try, but the two introductions posted above are too similarly worded (the part sections about steroids are identical) to be authored by different people. 23278 was right and you’re just bitter at being exposed as a bad liar.[/quote]

Nailed it…

[quote]forbes wrote:

[quote]moe273 wrote:
Hi guys,

Im 25. Been training for nearly 10 years. I’m going to be starting my first cycle soon (Test e and dbol). I just need to get my workout sorted. Any advice?
Also I am considering 2 days on, 1 day off.

MONDAY �¢?? CHEST
Bench press 3 x 6-8
Cable Crossover 3 x 10-15
DB decline bench press 3 x 6-8
Flat Dumbbell Fly 3 x 6-8
Pec Deck 3 x 10 - 15

TUESDAY �¢?? BACK
Deadlift 3 x 6-8
Dumbell rows 3 x 8-10
Lat pulldown 3 x 10-12
Hammer row 3 x 8-10
Seated cable row 3 x 10-12

WEDNESDAY �¢?? SHOULDERS
Seated dumbbell press 3 x 6-8
rear delt machine 3 x 10-15
Upright rowing 3 x 6-8
Seated incline lateral raise 3 x 8-10
Arnold press 3 x 6-8
Shrugs (DB/BB) 4 x 10-12

Wayyyyyy to much volume. Like way!!! And too much emphasis on shoulders and chest. Choose whatever split you want, however I would go with

1 Chest/Back

2 Hams/abs/calves

3 Shoulders/Back

4 Quads/abs/calves

Good frequency for your muscles, and well balanced with pushing and pulling.

Do no more than 3 exercises per major muscle group, and no more than 2 for your smaller ones. You freaking don’t need 5 exercises for chest! :P[/quote]

He’s on test and dbol man… the more the better

[quote]23278 wrote:

[quote]moe273 wrote:
Hi guys,

Im 25. Been training for nearly 10 years. I’m going to be starting my first cycle soon (Test e and dbol). I just need to get my workout sorted. Any advice?
[/quote]

HE’S INVENTED A TIME MACHINE!

Posted not even 2 weeks ago…

[quote]moe273 wrote:
Hi guys,

Im 22. Been training for 5/6 years. I’m going to be starting my first cycle soon and wanted to know what you think
[/quote]

Maybe he tried them out and they aged him