T Nation

Working Too Hard??!?!?!

Hello to all,

I'm new here and I've looked to find out information about over exertion on the site. I've been lifting for about 7 months now. My routine is working 6 days a week alternating three workouts; Arms/shoulders, Chest and, Back.

I have modified the workout by changing exercises and weight every 6-8 weeks. I've just found a workout program that states I can workout 5 days a weeks and gain a possible 10 lbs. of muscle in 8 weeks! Working (Chest, back, shoulders, legs and, arms) each group once a week is this possible? Is the program that I'm on now not giving me enough rest for my muscles to recuperate? Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks for your time,
Matthew

mmm, man if you want anyone to answer to your question you have to post your actual routine, how the bloody hell someone is going to tell you if your recovery is good or not if he doesn’t even now your training volume.

also your stats will help a lot

In the words of Kevin Garnett “ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.”
But to give this prgram a fair shake you gotta post it up here so people can give better advice, it does sound like a lot of rest between groups. And unless you’re eating properly no program in the world will put on ten pounds of muscle in eight weeks.

Have you considered upping your food intake?

edit: noob

Maybe you just wrote your program wrong, but if I’m reading your post correctly, you don’t train legs. If you currently don’t train your legs, and then switch to a program that requires leg work, then yes, it is possible to gain 10 lbs in 8 weeks.

It’s hard to say if your current workout and schedule doesn’t leave enough time for recovery. I’ve met people who train 7 days a week and are 225, cut and don’t use any extras. Some people who train too often don’t make as much progress as they would if they gave themselves more rest. Everybody is different, and a lot of the answers can only be found through trial and error.

Like the people before myself, I’d like to see your current program to get a better idea of what you are doing. Also - this new program that promises 10 lbs in 8 weeks.

LOL NEWB:::Working Too hard::::Changing up Exercises.

Your just a troll trying to ellicit some T-Nation responses right?
What’s your next ?? Should you switch to TBT

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
LOL NEWB
Your just a troll trying to ellicit some T-Nation responses right?[/quote]
:frowning:

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

What’s your next ?? Should you switch to TBT[/quote]

No mkg230, you are not working too hard. LOL

[quote]Simonidas wrote:
Airtruth wrote:

What’s your next ?? Should you switch to TBT

No mkg230, you are not working too hard. LOL [/quote]

I have yet to meet a person who works too hard and asks if they are working too hard. Everyone who asks the question of whether they work too hard has never worked too hard.

You are not working too hard. You’re not even doing legs.

[quote]Rocky2 wrote:
You are not working too hard. You’re not even doing legs.[/quote]

Yes he is.

I’m at the gym every single day of the week, and I lift three or four times a week. Every time I lift, every muscle in my body performs at least as a synergist twice, but usually more. I’m nowhere near overtrained, and neither are you.

Also, to gain that much muscle mass in that time span, you’d either need to a) be an absolute beginner or b) be eating and supplementing very carefully.