Working Out with Predator

Starting a log here. Have been working out for a few years, took a 1 year vacation for weights. Here to start back up again. BW 180, 1RM(LBS) from 1 year previous: Bench press 280 , DL 405, front squat 250.

Obviously will be starting light and going slow. Working on cleaning up diet (low carb).

11/16/2014

20 Pullups
Front Squat: 45x1x15 95x1x15 135x2x5
Standing press: 45x15, 95x8, 115x5

good recipe for anyone doing anabolic diet/atkins/low carb diet, just had this today

egg nog:

Mix these together in a cup:

1/3 cup heavy cream (or half and half)
1 cup liquid egg beaters
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 packets stevia
Add some spice (i use pumpkin pie spice, about 1-2 teaspoons)

25 grams of fat (if heavy cream used), 24 grams of protein, 5 grams of carbs 341 calories

And if you just had a workout, no shame in adding some rum (; adjust macros as needed.

Will update training session later.

Realized I never outlined my training ideas…

Main goal revolves around just getting back into the swing of lifting for a purpose. Want to lift 3 times a week (really focused on consistency) and clean up my diet (i like high fat/protein and low carb).

My little bit of experience dictates that when I practice lifts I get stronger/lift with better technique. Have done 5x5, madcow, and 3x8 for some success in terms of strength in the past five year.

The lifts I want to work on are front squats, straight leg dead lifts, and standing press. Will add some pull-ups, barbell complexes, and core work. I will use a 3x5 method, adding 5 lbs when I nail 3 sets of 5 on an exercise. The 3x8 sets will be 60%-70% of my 3x5 weight for that exercise. (i.e. If i do 180x3x5 Front squat workout A, workout B I will do 105x3x8 front squats).

Front squat 3x5
SLDL 3x8
Press 3x8

Front squat 3x8
SLDL 3x8
Press 3x5

Front squat 3x8
SLDL 3x5
Press 3x8

Will also share any recipes I like. Recently got a crock pot which really makes cooking way easier.

obviously I am more than happy to hear constructive criticism or any questions/comments.

Will start with A workout today. yesterday’s workout was just to use my new olympic bar (old one collar broke)

11/17/14

20 Pullups

Front Squat: 45x1x15 95x1x15 135x3x5

Standing press: (65% of 115= 75) => 75x3x8

SLDL: 115x3x8

20 pullups

Pre-workout had 3 chicken breasts and some celery
Post workout had the egg nog recipe (using half and half) mixed with a scoop of rocky road whey, very good, highly recomended

FOOOOOD
made cordon bleu in the slow cooker today, it is great and only takes 4 hours on low in the slow cooker

Chicken part: wrap ham and swiss in the chicken and place face down in slow cooker, be sure to cover bottom of slow cooker with oil.
4 thin sliced chicken breast
4 pieces of swiss cheese
4 pieces of ham

Sauce part: combine in a bowl and pour on chicken inside slow cooker
pepper (eye ball generously)
onion powder (eye ball generously)
parsley flakes (eye ball generously)
1/2 cup sour cream
cream of celery soup 10 oz can (1/2 can)

*note: use a little less than 1/2 a cup of sour cream if your not a fan of it and you will barely taste it

turn on slow cooker for 4 hours on low heat boom chicken

Ate well today, under fifty carbs around 180 grams of protein. Did some stretching and foam rolling while watching that show true detective. That is a great show. Next lifting days will be Thursday and Saturday, excited to get back at em.

Good day today finishing a 14 hour work shift, hamstrings are a little sore from monday haha havent felt any soreness in a while.

Kept diet in check today, hit my protein and carb macros which is priority #1 for me.

Will be doing B training tm, getting excited.

my own modification on one of dave ruel’s recipes I read

mix in a bowl:

protein powder (i use unflavored)
1 tbsp almond butter
1/8 cup slivered almonds
sugar free jam (little more than 1 tbsp)
eye ball some sugar free maple syrup

mash it all together

Spread the mixture on a low carb wrap (i use a wrap with 3 grams of fiber, and 3 net carbs)

overall, if you do not consider fiber and sugar alcohol as contributing to net carbs, this is low carb

8 grams net carbs, 32 grams of protein

20 pullups and some stretching

Press 115 x 3 x 5

Front squat (135 lbs*.7) 95 x 3 x 8

SLDL 115 x 3 x 8

Barbell complex SLDL, High pull, Front squat, behind neck press, squat
100 lbs x 3 x 8

Weights feel pretty light ! like starting slow

Saturday’s workout

Didnt press because I wanted to play with bench , havent benched in a while.

Bench 45x15 115x5 135x5 185x5 225x4

SLDL: 170x3x5

Front squat: 95x3x8

threw in some bicep work very light

Today’s workout

Front squat: 145 x 3 x 8

SLDL: 125 x 3 x 8

Press: 85 x 3 x 8

Core work (weighted situp, lying leg raise, hanging gorilla crunch) superset 3 x 8