Working Out at Home Also?

so, i think that my body type and my genes probably have to do with the fact that it is very hard for me to gain muslces and to see results. I read an article on here that said something about keeping your muscles under constant tension (or as much as possible) if you want to see results and that resting is not really necessary.

so, i am thinking about buying a bb with some weights, so i can do a bit of compound exercises in the morning and then hit the gym in the evening. would you recommend doing that? is it too much? i know people doing push ups and basic compounds every morning and they say it gives them energy for the day and helps with building muscles. (the hit the gym at night as well)

I am not talking about a full on workout in the morning…just a bit to get me going.

[quote]Philly wrote:
so, i think that my body type and my genes probably have to do with the fact that it is very hard for me to gain muslces and to see results. I read an article on here that said something about keeping your muscles under constant tension (or as much as possible) if you want to see results and that resting is not really necessary.

so, i am thinking about buying a bb with some weights, so i can do a bit of compound exercises in the morning and then hit the gym in the evening. would you recommend doing that? is it too much? i know people doing push ups and basic compounds every morning and they say it gives them energy for the day and helps with building muscles. (the hit the gym at night as well)

I am not talking about a full on workout in the morning…just a bit to get me going.[/quote]

They are talking about when in the gym the time under tension et etc not that your constantly lifting you have to rest and eat to progress as well.

Now yes it can be done Id read some Chad Waterbury stuff on frequency training if thats what your looking for you would be doing Brief but very frequent sessions

Phill

Ditto to phil

also, if you just wanna get yer blood flowing in the AM (nothing wrong with that) get your barbell and do some barbell complexes. Look em up on this site for some ideas, i’ll give you an example to save some time too.

Complexes are a combination of compound movements performed in a row no stop, generally for fat loss/endurance training. Take a BB, dont even load it with weight if you’ve never done em. 95 pounds is HARD for a veteran.

pick maybe 5-6 movemnts that flow together and perform 10 reps of each no stop… so 1-deadliftx10—2-bent over rowx10—3-power cleanx10—4-overhead pressx10—5-backsquatx10. After youy finish the tenth rep on each start the next move immedietly. Variations are practically endless. two or three sets should have your blood flowing for the day…

thanks. and when doing those exercises in the morning i won’t fatigue my muscles for my workout in the afternoon right?

[quote]Philly wrote:
thanks. and when doing those exercises in the morning i won’t fatigue my muscles for my workout in the afternoon right?[/quote]

Dont go to failure and at first sure expect some fatigue but you will adapt, get used to it

Phill

You’ll also need to make sure that you increase your caloric intake to supplement for this added activity. If you’re not in a caloric surplus, then no amount of working out is going to be some “magic pill” that will allow you to build significant muscle.

I honestly wouldn’t recommend doing “doubles”, even if the first workout is an easy one, unless you have been training for a while.

Certainly there are people who have had great results with more frequent exercise, but those people are generally quite advanced and have spent years building up their work capacity to handle that kind of stress. They are also eating huge amounts of calories while doing so.

Good training,

Sentoguy