Working on Leg Width

Ive found that leg pressing with a narrow stance with toes straight has helped my sweep a little bit. My legs have grown wider but the general shape is the same. The outsides of my legs are flat, they don’t have that round look you see in the top pro’s. But in general a narrower stance will put more emphasis on the outer part of the thigh.

If you do like the frequent cycling, a good approach is to keep careful records and rather than having things be new all the time, most usually be repeating an older cycle and make direct comparison, going into such repeats with a reasonable estimation of how much heavier ought to be possible this time.

Totally agree with that Bill, Have been keeping Journals for 3 yrs now. Costs $4 from Walmart and its a fantastic tool.

And tonight is my leg day Bone, so i’ll definitely give it a shot, thanks bro.

end of range (last 20-30 degrees) leg press or leg extension will target the vasti over rec fem. not sure if there is a proven way of activating lateralis over medialis, but possibly narrow foot position as someone said and even angling the toes inwards.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
I never said posting a pic of my quads is a personal matter, i said i wont post a pic of myself due to a “personal thing,” IE personal reasons, Nor would this picture help answer my question. i didnt ask are my quads wide enough, i asked what others do to help widen theirs.

ALSO

Since when is cycling programs and techniques considered a bad thing? I know building mass takes a considerable amount of time and consistency in the gym, but one problem arises from consistency; the ability of your muscles to adapt. Cycling different programs every so often allows one to continually provide new forms of stimuli for optimal muscle growth.
[/quote]

If you won’t post a pic, would you list your bodyweight and height?

Do hack squats with your toes pointed out. Do them in the Widowmaker fashion (look up DC principles if you don’t know what this is.)

Boom! Holy quads.

5’9, 230lbs
was sitting at 15% bf when i was about 220 bout a month ago. Im thinking i might try a competition around march, so im currently bulking.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
5’9, 230lbs
was sitting at 15% bf when i was about 220 bout a month ago. Im thinking i might try a competition around march, so im currently bulking.[/quote]

I’m just trying to figure out exactly what you mean by upper thigh width. If you mean you want your “upper” half of your thighs to be thicker like more leg sweep, then I highly recommend doing squats in the lower 1/2 of the range of motion. Lower to a little below parallel and then pop up only 3-4 inches above parallel-then back down. Of course your last rep will be full range.

I am not sure why people are calling for a pic. Some probably doubt that a real 30 inch thigh needs to get wider, but your measurements add up. I’, 5-8 215 and about 18% BF and my thighs are 27 1/4 this morning and I sure could use another 2-3 inches.

I think that others don’t really get what you mean by “wider” upper thighs. When I first read it I imagined you meant the very top of your thighs right where they attach to the pelvis, but now I think you mean just “leg sweep” in the upper-outer quad. You should also include a stiff leg form of the deadlift.

Thanks for the response Mertdawg.

So yea, partial reps for squats does sound interesting, i might have to test it out sometime soon.

In response to the pic comment, yea i can see people saying that, but i mean bodybuilding is about proportions, and proportionally, my delts overshadow my legs. On top of that, i have a relatively thick waist (might change when i cut but it wouldnt be too drastic), ipso facto, i need more leg width for a better “X”.

Upper-outer quad works fine, i said top of the vastus lateralis and i can see some not knowing what i was talking about, no biggie. And yea about the stiff leg deadlifts, i do include those now actually. They are are a Hamstring exercise i was told was called Romanian deadlifts.