Working on Christmas Day!

Body to the morgue.Perfect way to make working on Christmas Day even more perfect!At least it’s over now!

Worked Christmas Eve and had another crew come in this moring. For us it’s just another day on the schedule.

Well,it’s that time of year again!I’m in again for an 8 to 2 job but it’s worse because I’ll be staying at work tonight,tomorrow and christmas eve because of the awful weather here which means I’ll actually be at work when Christmas arrives. But I’ll be absolutely shitfaced in the pub across the road anyway at that stage so I doubt I’ll mind too much.

Same suspects as last year or do we have more to add to the list?

I’m just glad my store closes for christmas or I’d probably have to work. I just have to work christmas eve til 8.

Worked Christmas 14 years straight as a Respiratory Therapist and RN in ER. Hospitals dont ever close, most of my family is in medicine so you learn to adjust your Christmas to days other than Dec 25th.

Before this thread turns into a contest vying for the gold medal of whining bitchdom, maybe take a few seconds out of your 7 day/wk, 20 hour/day jobs to be thankful you have a job to go to. 'Tis the season.

I work on Xmas and don’t really give a shit as I’m in Asia now anyway.

I used to work on Xmas in Canada too and some people would bitch and moan about coming into work hungover…when the fuck did Xmas eve become a big drinking day?!?

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Worked Christmas 14 years straight as a Respiratory Therapist and RN in ER. Hospitals dont ever close, most of my family is in medicine so you learn to adjust your Christmas to days other than Dec 25th.[/quote]

This is an example of one that God blesses.

I used to work with teens that had no homes basically and used to work 12 hour shifts…for Xmas they’s cut it to 6, and I’d do them.

Sorry about basically posting two posts the same, but I work again this Xmas but am happy to be working.

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Worked Christmas 14 years straight as a Respiratory Therapist and RN in ER. Hospitals dont ever close, most of my family is in medicine so you learn to adjust your Christmas to days other than Dec 25th.[/quote]

This is an example of one that God blesses.

I used to work with teens that had no homes basically and used to work 12 hour shifts…for Xmas they’s cut it to 6, and I’d do them.

[/quote]

Thanks Nards.

but your second quote I really dont understand, What homeless teens would you do?

Ha! I used to work for Child and Family Services in Canada and I’d be assigned to work with the teenage boys that had been kicked out by their parents or arrested and taken into government custody. Boys though…no sexy 18 year-old girls in stockings. Jeeezus did I just say that???

[quote]Nards wrote:
Ha! I used to work for Child and Family Services in Canada and I’d be assigned to work with the teenage boys that had been kicked out by their parents or arrested and taken into government custody. Boys though…no sexy 18 year-old girls in stockings. Jeeezus did I just say that???[/quote]

Yea that was a SickAbs moment. Merry Christmas by the way, you getting to come back home?

I’m on call this year for Christmas but as biglifter said, I’m damn happy to have a job and even more happy that this year I love the job I have. Last year I HATED my job but still glad to have it…I guess.

Oddly enough, I am off on Christmas. (It happens to fall on the Jewish Sabbath.)

I spent the Fourth of July in China at a plant once. Been overseas for a number of other, lesser holidays but never for Christmas or Thanksgiving. I have worked both when I was in high school and college though. I enjoyed the extra pay at the time and didn’t feel like I was really missing anything.

You guys have made me think more about other people’s plights, I will make sure to take a moment to think of you, and be grateful there are people like you willing to do the jobs you do that don’t take holidays (health care, crime, fires, etc.) Bless you all.

I work in a hospital as well and just started so I will have to pay my dues and that’s fine with me, the moneys great and our son is all growed up so it’s not so bad I guess.

I’m a Christmas baby so I’ve never worked on my b-day ever so the fam has to wait untill I get off work to eat lol.

I work this thurs, fri, sat, sun day shift. On new years it’s the same deal, I’m gratfull for the job.

[quote]Gym Savvy wrote:
You guys have made me think more about other people’s plights, I will make sure to take a moment to think of you, and be grateful there are people like you willing to do the jobs you do that don’t take holidays (health care, crime, fires, etc.) Bless you all.[/quote]

Ditto.

I get Christmas off, and since it falls on a Saturday (which I get off anyway) my company’s giving us the 24th as a paid day off in it’s place. Same thing for New Year’s day and the 31st of Dec. I know…spoiled bastard…

I’ll be working.

Thursday, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, 2-11 p.m.

I work at a television station, and it’s awesome 363 days of the year. But there’s still news on Christmas, apparently.

i lucked out and didnt get any shifts on xmas eve, xmas or nye this year. I offered to work xmas eve for one of my partners who has 2 little kids at home so she could be with them, but she said she would be there xmas morning and could really use the time and a half, double time if we do some ot this week which i obviously agreed to.