Working on Christmas Day!

I have an 8 to 2 shift in the hospital,which isn’t too bad,as I’ll be back for dinner.An absolute bitch getting up that early on Christmas Day though.

Who else has been stung by this cruelest of happenings??

raises hand

Work a regular 7:30-4:00 shift on Christmas. It’s double time and a half and I have bills to pay so I don’t mind. The get-together I always look forward to is on Christmas Eve anyway.

That sucks dude…Well I hope you have a good family that will wait for you until you get home for the festivities.

Where do you guys work that needs you there on xmas?

I’m on call and it’s not unheard of for me to get called in, so I can’t get drunk or be far from my phone.

Some of my family wants to go to Denny’s for breakfast but I feel like I’m contributing to people having to work on Xmas by gong. But then if they’re open anyway maybe the staff can at least get some tips.

I work in a network operations center for one of the largest telecom companies in the U.S. We remotely monitor equipment that supports DSL and other data services. People have to be there 24/7/365 in case equipment breaks, keeping potential fines from the FCC to a minimum.

I work at a nursing home as the housekeeping/laundry supervisor. I’m working 4 hours in the morning so all of my employees can come in late and open presents with their kids in the morning. So I’ll be out of that biotch by 11:30 then go to my parents. Nice thing is I can shift my work schedule around a little bit for holidays. The bad thing is I’m only paid $9.50 an hour and have a lot of physical and figurative shit to deal with every day. Oh and I haven’t completed my 90 days probation yet so I don’t get holiday pay for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s Day.

I work on Christmas Eve, but then again I’m only a teen and my job is not important at ALL. So, it’s not too bad, if i had to work on Christmas I’d probably just quit.

I’ll be working the christmas Eve shift from 11 pm-3:30 am at the club. I really want to see how many people come out to a club on Christmas eve lol

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
I work in a network operations center for one of the largest telecom companies in the U.S. We remotely monitor equipment that supports DSL and other data services. People have to be there 24/7/365 in case equipment breaks, keeping potential fines from the FCC to a minimum. [/quote]

Don’t work on Christmas but we have the same/ very simular jobs, I work for one of the largest cell phone providers in the country remotely monitoring cell towers and their facilities.

I’ll also raise my hand.

Working days, 06:30 till 18:30 and thats if I’m lucky to get off on time. Both my wife and I are Paramedics. We start a set of five days on Christmas.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
I’ll be working the christmas Eve shift from 11 pm-3:30 am at the club. I really want to see how many people come out to a club on Christmas eve lol[/quote]

Are you being sarcastic?

Maybe the club scene in America is different to the UK…

[quote]WP wrote:

I’ll be working the christmas Eve shift from 11 pm-3:30 am at the club. I really want to see how many people come out to a club on Christmas eve lol[/quote]

Are you being sarcastic?

Maybe the club scene in America is different to the UK…[/quote]

I was just going to say that.
Clubs will be heaving here tonight.

People were wasted by 4pm here in England. Pubs were packed by 5 so me and the old man came home.

Clubs are gonna be crazy packed tonight! Poor bouncers…

I am going to work this weekend as a bouncer. 21h to 4h approx.

I think it�´s going to be alright, just received a new stab vest today, so let em come.

Just beware you naughty kids
http://www.bricabracstack.com/bwt/img/knecht_front.jpg

[quote]debraD wrote:
Where do you guys work that needs you there on xmas?
[/quote]

I’m a porter in a big hospital in Cork.I’m unemployed really and was lucky enough to get a couple of weeks work before I move to Limerick in the New Year.I’ll be getting triple time tomorrow,Monday and Friday for the bank holidays,so that’ll go a long way to tiding me over until I find something more permanent!Hopefully the nurses won’t be absolute bitches like they usually are and will give us a break.

holy fuck that blows ass

[quote]BigDug wrote:

[quote]WP wrote:

Are you being sarcastic?

Maybe the club scene in America is different to the UK…[/quote]

I was just going to say that.
Clubs will be heaving here tonight.

[/quote]

Well we are working tonight with just the core staff so I hope it doesn’t get insane or I’m going to have my hands full haha.

EDIT: Worked for 2 hours and then got sent home because only like 50 people showed up. Worthless lol.

I’m going to have my hands full of holymac’s dong

haha.[/quote]

score

i’m a scientist working at a manufacturing facility for a biopharmaceutical company and we operate 24/7, 365. i worked today and a co-worker in our small group was ridiculously fake sick today. she is covering tomorrow since i worked turkey day and the day after. she better have a big set of balls to call in sick tomorrow. damn shame i can’t find my cell phone…

there is a skeleton crew on site tomorrow, most of which are working 10 or 12 hour shifts…:frowning:

K9 Officer with the Sheriff’s Dept.- work swings, 1400-2400hrs. Its just another Friday for us and the criminally minded! Theres that whole “fine line” thing again I suppose…