T Nation

Working Away and Adapting my Routine

Hey guys, I have been doing a routine at my gym which takes up six days. As of tommorow I will be working away and won’t be able to go to the gym six days any more. Hopefully this is a temporary thing and will be back to my old routine soon.

I will be at home three days a week, for the days I can attend the gym I was thinking of doing a three day fully body routine consisting of:

CHINUPS-WEIGHTED
BENCH PRESS-
SQUAT-
DEAD LIFT- doubles/triples

Anything I should add in or maybe leave out?

Wow this was so hard, didn’t get a pump though just felt sick and ruined.

Forget about the pump. What you’re doing will work if you do it right. But you should probably invert the order so you start with deadlifts&squats.

I would add some sort of row and some sort of overhead press. That would promote better shoulder balance. You could alternate days with pull-ups and press one day and bench and rows on the next.

Wow these workouts make me realise how weak I am. I should probably work on that lol.

A
SQUAT
DEADLIFT
PULLUPS

B
SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
CHINUPS

C
SQUAT
OVERHEAD PRESS
DIPS

While working away update.

I will be doing this, I have found out I am away for 9 weeks so if I am not going to be able to do the routine I was doing I may as well do a three day split. Having found out I will be away for quite a while I have decided to start a strength oriented routine in the time I am working away.

The squats are improvised box squats with a flat bench that i slowly lower until i touch but don’t sit and then raise up with speed.

I am doing deadlifts despite my fear of them from my former injury but have a weight belt and chalk etc.

Will update in a month or two.