Work Eating Strategery

I have just gotten a sales job in which I begin this week. Of course, I will be working probably mostly 8-hour shifts which is fine expect for the little problem of no food/beverages on the floor. I was gonna basically get a coffee mug and fill it with an MRP/protien shake with oats etc but I can’t, at least not on the floor.

I also get one half-hour break for lunch. I can’t exactly spend my life in the back room. Besides MRP bars and shakes (which I may or may not be able to afford depending on other things), what can I do for calories ? I’m pretty sure I can do chocolate milk, almonds and the like, but any other ideas for like 3-5 minute snacks ?

Also, any recipies for good shakes I can throw together for bulking purposes ?

Thanks for the ideas.

Smokers are allowed several 5 minute breaks, you’re allowed the same 5 minute breaks, use them to scarf down as much as you can.

Or tell them that you are hypoglycemic and need to eat often.

[quote]t3h_Squirr3l wrote:
I have just gotten a sales job in which I begin this week. Of course, I will be working probably mostly 8-hour shifts which is fine expect for the little problem of no food/beverages on the floor. I was gonna basically get a coffee mug and fill it with an MRP/protien shake with oats etc but I can’t, at least not on the floor.

I also get one half-hour break for lunch. I can’t exactly spend my life in the back room. Besides MRP bars and shakes (which I may or may not be able to afford depending on other things), what can I do for calories ? I’m pretty sure I can do chocolate milk, almonds and the like, but any other ideas for like 3-5 minute snacks ?

Also, any recipies for good shakes I can throw together for bulking purposes ?

Thanks for the ideas.[/quote]

Metabolic Drive bars. If you order over $150 of them (free shipping), they come out to $1.41 each. If you compare what you get in a Metabolic Drive bar (250 calories and 20 grams of quality and slow-digesting protein) with other foods, you’ll realize what a GREAT value these things are. I often eat 2-3 of them a day.

Carry a couple with you to work. Eat 1/2 a bar each time you go to take a leak.

It’s as simple (and cheap) as that.

I’d go with the hypoglycemic suggestion. If management has any complaints about this, use the smoker card.

Best of both worlds.