Work at UPS

Does anybody know if UPS CANADA employee benefits are same as the UNITED STATES one (question key no good)

The big kicker for working for UPS in the States is mainly the health insurance. From what I understand, in Canada health insurance is covered by the gov. What other benefits were you interested in? Optical/dental? I just started a couple months ago as a part-time package handler at the airport.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
The big kicker for working for UPS in the States is mainly the health insurance. From what I understand, in Canada health insurance is covered by the gov. What other benefits were you interested in? Optical/dental? I just started a couple months ago as a part-time package handler at the airport. [/quote]

I was just wondering cause i"ve been to the american website,and it says the benefits are for american employees. Been to the canadien one and it says nothing at all. Pretty wierd.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
The big kicker for working for UPS in the States is mainly the health insurance. From what I understand, in Canada health insurance is covered by the gov. What other benefits were you interested in? Optical/dental? I just started a couple months ago as a part-time package handler at the airport. [/quote]

I aplied for a handler job here but got called a day too late for the interview;just got hire somewhere else,bad timing.

[quote]bigbull wrote:
StevenF wrote:
The big kicker for working for UPS in the States is mainly the health insurance. From what I understand, in Canada health insurance is covered by the gov. What other benefits were you interested in? Optical/dental? I just started a couple months ago as a part-time package handler at the airport.

I aplied for a handler job here but got called a day too late for the interview;just got hire somewhere else,bad timing.[/quote]

UPDATE:Got the U.P.S job

[quote]bigbull wrote:
bigbull wrote:
StevenF wrote:

I aplied for a handler job here but got called a day too late for the interview;just got hire somewhere else,bad timing.

UPDATE:Got the U.P.S job[/quote]

get out while you still can.

[quote]WOrta1128 wrote:
bigbull wrote:
bigbull wrote:
StevenF wrote:

UPDATE:Got the U.P.S job

get out while you still can.[/quote]

Are the boxes that heavy?

[quote]WOrta1128 wrote:
get out while you still can.[/quote]

LMFAO!

I think it’s ridiculous they pay only 8.50 - $9.50 an hour. And a big 50 cent raise after a couple months?
The only reason I looked into it was because of the tuition assistance. But I’m not getting up at 4am, that’s when I go to bed!

Constantly lifting boxes is hard work. I do it at my job, as an order selector, but at least they pay at my place.

BTW, I lost weight since I started 2 months ago, even though I was already skinny. I haven’t gotten any stronger either. Why? I wasn’t in a calorie surplus.

My girlfriend works at UPS.

[quote]chrismcl wrote:
My girlfriend works at UPS.[/quote]

Nice package