Woodway Curve Treadmill

Anyone have much experience with one of these? A gym I just started using has a couple and they are interesting to say the least. I kept feeling like I was going to fall forward and faceplant which ended up with a very erratic speed that was quite a bit faster than my usual pace.

The video is a little goofy but it gives you the general idea.

http://www.woodway.com/performancetreadmills/curve.html

for conditioning,machines are not that effective…go run HILLS

I’d rather go push my prowler.

I was just wondering if anyone else had used one and what their thoughts on it were.

I’d never seen the “Curve” one, but I have used a “normal” Woodway before, and it felt like my foot grabbed the belt part too much, almost like I was tripping and going to fall forward.

I’ve used the curve before. I actually thought that it felt harder doing sprints on the curve as opposed to doing sprints outside on a track. I did find it awkward at first (mainly starting), but I soon got the hang of it and I really felt an intense “pump” in my hamstring and glutes. Overall, I really liked it… mainly because it really goes well with the way I run/sprint as opposed to other treadmills and even the treadsled (I felt like the treadsled is too much “push” and you really have to lean in and I run more upright and with more “pull”). I hope this helps.