Woodstock Strongman Competition

/b/Edit: For some reason, the videos I posted no longer appear on this thread. I have them posted on my profile if you care to see them. They show up there just fine./b/

First I’ll say that if I didn’t come in dead last, I was tied for last place :slight_smile: There were nine women there. I’m not exactly a weak little girl and there were some impressively strong ass chicks.

I was by far the smallest as well as the oldest. The girl who I believe won is 17 years old and built like a tank. I don’t know who won because I had to leave at 4 to pick up my kids.

It was a total blast and I spent the time with the rowers from Port Perry. They put on an impressive show. One of the ladies, I believe, took 2nd place. Everyone was really supportive and had a great time. Suffice it to say, they all did far better than I did.

This is my farmer’s walk. It is 121 lbs/hand. I found it more difficult than when we trained because in training, we had 45s on so we didn’t have to pull it up as far. Right off the bat, that drained a lot of energy. In addition, the handles were thicker and I lost my grip 3 times. The course was 150’. I almost finished but ran out of time.

Edit: I just thought I would throw this in as I’ve watched this video a few times. The height of the handles aren’t much higher than the bar on deadlift because of the small plates. Maybe a few inches - it’s a bit hard to tell. The last time I tested my max it was 235. I just did 242 with a thicker handle in the space of 90 seconds. There’s probably a mechanical advantage doing it from the side vs. the front but it still makes me wonder if my DL will be higher. Just trying to make myself feel better :slight_smile:

This is the log press. The women’s weight is 75lbs. I’m embarrassed to say the I couldn’t get one rep so enjoy 90 seconds of me struggling. I got in trouble for swearing too. It’s a family event.

This one disappointed me the most. The rowers pulled out some amazing numbers. It’s funny how I can push press 105lbs but 75 on the log press eluded me. I have to say I went into today feeling weak due to pms which is when I’m at my physical lowest. I could see it earlier in the week training. It doesn’t bother me so much for today’s event but the London open is in 4 weeks and I will be in the same place. I’m going to have to figure a way around it.

Having said that, even if I got a few reps out, The other ladies truly smoked the event. One got 16 reps. I believe it was the one that ultimately won. Now that’s a strong chick.

Hey, I’m impressed by the fact that you ENTERED the competition. I’m not sure I’d have the ovaries to do it if one came to my area.

Next up is the duck walk and sled drag relay. The duck walk is 181 lbs and the sled drag is 235lbs. There was a spot on the road that everyone hit and you totally lost momentum. I raced through the duckwalk portion but lost it on the drag.

The last event was the tire flip. The women’s tire was 383 lbs. I didn’t do the worst on this one. I managed 5 flips and let me tell you the last one was hard fought. There was a bit of yelling and grunting. I had a woman come up to me afterwards and congratulate me.

This is a picture of the group of us. I’m the one on the end that looks drunk and like I’m about to puke. I think I spent most of the day feeling like I was going to pass out so it’s fitting that I look drunk.

I will tell you that these 4 women are fun to hang out with and they are strong as hell. Rowers really are strong.

TNT see if you can get them to post their videos so everyone can be really impressed.

Ouroboro, you rock! There aren’t words to describe it, but you are absolutely amazing!!! What weekend is the comp in London? I really should come and watch since I’m only 1.5hours or so away!

[quote]Court wrote:
Ouroboro, you rock! There aren’t words to describe it, but you are absolutely amazing!!! What weekend is the comp in London? I really should come and watch since I’m only 1.5hours or so away![/quote]

It’s September 13. What do you mean watch? You should compete.

Awesome, I’m so jealous, even though I would totally suck, still that would be so much fun. I love posts like this. Great job.

You did a great job on rounding the pylon with your farmer’s walk, I think. Looks like you had fun too. Love the group pic of the girls. Ya did good.

Where are they having your London comp? I miss my hometown so it’ll be awesome to see you compete there.

Thanks for sharing. I can remember watching these competitions with my dad on Sunday’s as a little girl and being glued to the tv. It’s so very cool to see women doing it now.

[quote]MsM wrote:
You did a great job on rounding the pylon with your farmer’s walk, I think. Looks like you had fun too. Love the group pic of the girls. Ya did good.

Where are they having your London comp? I miss my hometown so it’ll be awesome to see you compete there.

Thanks for sharing. I can remember watching these competitions with my dad on Sunday’s as a little girl and being glued to the tv. It’s so very cool to see women doing it now.

[/quote]

The London one is the Powerlifting open. I should have clarified in the original post. I can’t remember where it is right now.

I must admit, I didn’t really even watch when the men were competing. I was just watching the women. I think this is the first time they had women at Woodstock. The fact that there were almost as many women as men, should tell us something.

The couple of contests I’ve done, I’ve been very impressed with both how competitive everyone is as well as supportive and helpful. It’s funny hearing people scream your name and cheer you on and you don’t know them from Adam. It made me feel like a rock star :slight_smile:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
MsM wrote:

The London one is the Powerlifting open. I should have clarified in the original post. I can’t remember where it is right now.

I must admit, I didn’t really even watch when the men were competing. I was just watching the women. I think this is the first time they had women at Woodstock. The fact that there were almost as many women as men, should tell us something. The couple of contests I’ve done, I’ve been very impressed with both how competitive everyone is as well as supportive and helpful. It’s funny hearing people scream your name and cheer you on and you don’t know them from Adam. It made me feel like a rock star :)[/quote]

Ahhhh, so it’s Terry Stinchombe’s meet; good stuff. It is most likely in St Thomas or Lambeth then but I’d have to look it up.

Still think you did great and that is encouraging that so many women turned out and you should feel like a rock star.

duplicates make baby jeebus cry

If ever it was possible to be proud of a binary group of characters representing a human being, i am officially beaming with pride for you, ouroboro.

[quote]dragonmamma wrote:
Hey, I’m impressed by the fact that you ENTERED the competition. I’m not sure I’d have the ovaries to do it if one came to my area.[/quote]

x2

Thanks for posting vids too, it’s really nice to be able to see ya’ll in action.

Great job!

Looks like tons of fun too.

WOOT WOOT!

As long as you got enjoyment out of it, right?

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
This is the log press. The women’s weight is 75lbs. I’m embarrassed to say the I couldn’t get one rep so enjoy 90 seconds of me struggling. I got in trouble for swearing too. It’s a family event.

This one disappointed me the most. The rowers pulled out some amazing numbers. It’s funny how I can push press 105lbs but 75 on the log press eluded me. I have to say I went into today feeling weak due to pms which is when I’m at my physical lowest.

I could see it earlier in the week training. It doesn’t bother me so much for today’s event but the London open is in 4 weeks and I will be in the same place. I’m going to have to figure a way around it.

Having said that, even if I got a few reps out, The other ladies truly smoked the event. One got 16 reps. I believe it was the one that ultimately won. Now that’s a strong chick.[/quote]

You rock hard for showing up and doing what you did. Personally, I admire you for struggling so gamely for 90 seconds. I just wish I could have heard what you were saying.

You did a great job. I’m totally proud of you.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:

This one disappointed me the most. The rowers pulled out some amazing numbers. It’s funny how I can push press 105lbs but 75 on the log press eluded me.

I have to say I went into today feeling weak due to pms which is when I’m at my physical lowest. I could see it earlier in the week training. It doesn’t bother me so much for today’s event but the London open is in 4 weeks and I will be in the same place. I’m going to have to figure a way around it.

Having said that, even if I got a few reps out, The other ladies truly smoked the event. One got 16 reps. I believe it was the one that ultimately won. Now that’s a strong chick.

You rock hard for showing up and doing what you did. Personally, I admire you for struggling so gamely for 90 seconds. I just wish I could have heard what you were saying.

You did a great job. I’m totally proud of you.

[/quote]

Thanks. That means a lot to me :slight_smile:

I am by no means the only one who didn’t make any reps on log press. A number of people struggled with various events. One thing I did notice was no one gave up. I don’t think I saw anyone throw in the towel. It was a mentally tough group of people.