T Nation

Wonky Test Results, Frustrated w/ Doctors

-height
6'1"
-waist
-weight
~180
-describe body and facial hair
A small amount of hair on chest and stomach, average looking arms and legs, beard is on neck, sideburns, 'goatee' area but the cheeks are mostly bare.
-describe where you carry fat and how changed
In the midsection is where pretty much all excess weight has ended up. I'm what you'd call skinnyfat. Pretty spritely, other than this spare tire around the middle.

-health conditions, symptoms [history]
Depression, anxiety, post nasal drip (one unsuccesful surgery)
-Rx and OTC drugs, any hair loss drugs or prostate drugs ever
Zoloft in high school, Effexor in my early 20s, Clonazepam recently just as a test, have taken Percocet for small periods for pain,
-lab results with ranges
Collection time 2014/10/31 15:32 http://i.imgur.com/4hSkKfY.jpg
Collection time 2014/11/07 10:33 http://i.imgur.com/kG2IEPJ.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/zFhmw68.jpg
Collection time 2014/11/10 17:27 http://i.imgur.com/wB0lkHf.jpg

-describe diet [some create substantial damage with starvation diets]
Mostly beef, as my girlfriend is allergic to chicken.
We sometimes eat seafood (shrimp, tilapia, salmon)
I try to get veggies in, either through juicing, steamed or fried vegetables (often from frozen)
Won't shy away from fast food, though I wouldn't say it's out of control.

-describe training [some ruin there hormones by over training]
I try to get runs in and had been making progress (5k in 26 mins), but lately it has been hard to stay motivated, as has always been a big problem for me. Especially now that it's winter, and my shoes don't actually fit properly.
-testes ache, ever, with a fever?
I definitely get some achy balls now and then. Didn't think much of it. I can't recall a fever paired with that but I'm likely to not notice something like that.
-how have morning wood and nocturnal erections changed
Definitely not waking up to the wood I once did. Erections don't pop up much without manual assistance that often.

I somewhat recently decided to check my T levels after reading about the symptoms and realizing I had many of them. Here is the first test I got done, Collection time 2014/10/31 15:32 [1] . As you can see, testosterone came back super low. My creatinine, hemoglobin, RBC were all low as well. I followed up and more tests were done. I'm already thinking I want to be on TRT, having read the benefits.

This test Collection time 2014/11/07 10:33 [2] showed a significant difference. Perhaps a lab error occured the first time to show a 0.6, but I still feel that 12.6, being on the low end of the normal range, might be the cause of my symptoms. Free testosterone was also tested that same time [3] and the results were just on the cusp of within normal range. Not shown, but also done was an HIV test, which was negative.

I was referred to an endocrinologist who ordered other tests, Collection time 2014/11/10 17:27 [4] . Mostly the same thing, LH kind of low, maybe. The endo told me I was fine. (I hate this. I'm definitely not fine. Please don't tell me I'm "fine," it's so dismissive.) I tell him that I've read about people having symptoms of low T even just having levels on the low end of normal. He agrees, but is not willing to give me the treatment. He tells me my testicles would shrink. I ask him isn't that what hCG is for, and he says yes. He basically agreed that TRT might help, but he is still not willing to give me what I want.
I've read around about the best route for getting TRT in my situation is to find an enthusastic GP who is willing to listen to what I want and let me have a shot at this.

I need advice on everything involved with this. I'm searching for a doctor that will help me but it's tough. I live in Toronto if anyone local to me can suggest a name. I also want to know what kind of plan I should be suggesting. My goal is to pretty much double my testosterone levels with TRT, so what kind of dosage am I looking at? I also want to know the appropriate amount/frequency for which I should be taking hCG.
Thank you in advance to anyone who offers advice. I really really need to get the ball rolling. Too much time has gone by already with this dark cloud over my head.

I am in a similar situation to you. Being that you are in Toronto have you heard of Masters Men's Clinic. Another thing to try is googling compounding pharmacies in your area and give them a call and see if they can recommend a local GP knowledgeable in men's hormonal health. Try these guys: (https://www.google.ca/maps/place/The+Medicine+Shoppe/@43.649529,-79.421947,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xf7799b6e6e02055f)

I have seen their ads and never took them seriously because they sort of gave off a Scientology vibe, so I never called.

Do you have episode of digestive problems? RBC etc changed a lot, so one can suspect GI bleed and check for occult blood in stool, a simple poop test.

Have your testes been examined to see if there is a vascular abnormality [which is often repaired]?

Prolactin changed a lot, was first after recent orgasm?

Please read the advice for new guys sticky.