Women Wrists..

Hi there everyone,

I’m pretty new to TestNAtion. But I’m excited about being here.

Anyhow…I talked to a few women in my life and many of them figure, trainers, and powerlifters claim that women generally have weaker wrists than men.

I wanted to know if this is accurate. And if so, does anyone know where I can get some heavy duty wrist wraps to keep my wrists align when performing pulling exercises.

Any help…would be appreciated. Thanks. :smiley:

These are the wrist wraps that I use

http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=WRAPS_IRON_WRISTZ

they have worked out really well for me

I use the same Inzer wraps.

If you want something super stiff, get the Metal all blacks or APT Convicts. Both available on elitefts.com

My wrists are so puny that I have to wear children’s watches, otherwise the bands are too large.

However, I have stubbornly refused to wear wrist wraps in an effort to strengthen them.

How heavy are you lifting? I do tons of pull-ups and can rack-pull 275, and I haven’t injured my wrists yet.

I’m not pulling that type of weight around. I do pull a decent share. But I was worried about my wrist, where I pulled something out my socket a bit. I’m just worried about it and want to keep it stabilize. It’s partly why I asked as well. Thanks for your comment.

[quote]Pennington_Hall wrote:
Hi there everyone,

I’m pretty new to TestNAtion. But I’m excited about being here.

Anyhow…I talked to a few women in my life and many of them figure, trainers, and powerlifters claim that women generally have weaker wrists than men.

I wanted to know if this is accurate. And if so, does anyone know where I can get some heavy duty wrist wraps to keep my wrists align when performing pulling exercises.

Any help…would be appreciated. Thanks. :D[/quote]

Generally, women are weaker and smaller than men. That is why we have to work out twice as hard to get the results that we want. Less testosterone equals slower metabolism and weaker muscles.

You can “strengthen” your wrists just by working your biceps, such as all forms bicep curls. For an added bonus, you can add wrist curls at the end of your arm workout. :smiley:

As for wrist wraps, I use them for deadlifting and back exercises. You can find wrist wraps at your local sporting goods store. The regular cloth ones work fine for me. :smiley: