T Nation

Women Need Men Speech


#63

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Makavali wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
hoosegow wrote:
You are deluded. Other than procreation, women really don’t need us.

I disagree. I would think of a smart arse answer but I’m more inclined to agree with the initial post. I don’t agree with his specific examples. I think they are, for the most part, trite truisms. However, I do fundamentally, believe that we need men; just as they need us.

There is balance and two halves to a whole.

A woman made an intelligent post.

WITCH!!!

Of course she is a witch. How can a woman carry an Atlas stone and yet still need a man to kill her spiders?

Even quantum mechanics would call that counter intuitive.
[/quote]

That’s right by golly. You boys better mind your p’s and q’s or you’ll get warts on your dicks… unless you already have them :slight_smile:

Atlas stones aren’t squishy and squirmy.


#64

[quote]streamline wrote:
Goes with being an arrogant son of a bitch. It’s also the truth.[/quote]

The fact that you are arrogant is undoubtedly true. However, I don’t believe I’m alone in believing your arrogance is baseless and unwarranted. It only serves to make you appear sad.


#65

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
streamline wrote:
Goes with being an arrogant son of a bitch. It’s also the truth.

The fact that you are arrogant is undoubtedly true. However, I don’t believe I’m alone in believing your arrogance is baseless and unwarranted. It only serves to make you appear sad.[/quote]

Opinions vary. I have nothing to be sad about, my life is amazing. I will also point out, I’m not looking for friends or to be liked by strangers.

I also don’t say things just to be liked by others. I say whats on my mind and what I believe to be the truth. Deal with it or don’t read my posts, sounds simple enough to me!


#66

[quote]streamline wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
streamline wrote:
Goes with being an arrogant son of a bitch. It’s also the truth.

The fact that you are arrogant is undoubtedly true. However, I don’t believe I’m alone in believing your arrogance is baseless and unwarranted. It only serves to make you appear sad.

Opinions vary. I have nothing to be sad about, my life is amazing. I will also point out, I’m not looking for friends or to be liked by strangers.

I also don’t say things just to be liked by others. I say whats on my mind and what I believe to be the truth. Deal with it or don’t read my posts, sounds simple enough to me![/quote]

I’ll agree with you in that it is simple enough not to read what you write.

I must have misunderstood your intention with your posts. The manner in which you express yourself comes across as thinly veiled pandering for the approval of strangers. My mistake.


#67

All gender roles (i.e male and female) are cultural constructs. There is nothing essential beyond the needs of conception.

By the way, more women graduate from high school and college and soon there will be more women in the workplace. So, enjoy your speech and prepare yourself for a female boss once you graduate.

And as a member of university faculty I would find your argument quite poor considering the vast amount of scholarship that has been produced in the past thirty years that debunks much of what you say because of a base assumption that is flawed. Also, if your speech is meant to be inflammatory, you could face discipline from the university.

Now, if you wanted to argue that the telling of history has developed an opinion that men are (your argument) and that changes cultural roles and values is causing conflict and uncertainty for young men and what they understand being a man is, then that could be an interesting speech.


#68

[quote]D_S wrote:
Mondy wrote:
Your entire argument is based on deductive reasoning, which can be argued as neither entirely true or false; thus is the nature of deductive reasoning.
[/quote]

Are you suggesting that deductive reasoning is neither entirely true nor false? If so, please explain how math proofs work.


#69

[quote]Christine wrote:
Men aren’t just useless spermbanks.

They open jars too.[/quote]

George Washington Carver invented Peanut Butter

Louis Pasteur gave us a cure for many of the ailments we have (including but not limited to: Chlamydia (praise be to allah))

Broken Lizard Comedy Troupe made Super Troopers … they’re all men

Hell, Lou Ferigno was the Hulk … that right there is an accomplishment in and of itself for all that is man

Everyone on that list, which is not a complete list btw, are all very very positive things men have done … we are NOT just useless sperm banks that open jars.

I win


#70

I thought I would add something else. When I read the title of the thread I read it as ‘Women need…men speech.’ I had to read it to find out what men speech was.

I fully expected a dissertation on how women needed to speak like men; in short declarative sentences.

Can someone start a thread on that?


#71

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
I thought I would add something else. When I read the title of the thread I read it as ‘Women need…men speech.’ I had to read it to find out what men speech was.

I fully expected a dissertation on how women needed to speak like men; in short declarative sentences.

Can someone start a thread on that?[/quote]

That is how I read the title too.

I was wondering what men speech was.


#72

[quote]polo77j wrote:

Hell, Lou Ferigno was the Hulk … that right there is an accomplishment in and of itself for all that is man

[/quote]

Yeah, but Lynda Carter was Wonder Woman and had a utility belt.


#73

Since there is more than I can put here, I just started a new thread

Have a look. A lot of what you want has been said (and pungently too, I might add) by Camille Paglia. Since she’s a feminist, it should be a lot of fun to watch what others have to say.

– jj


#74

[quote]Christine wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
I thought I would add something else. When I read the title of the thread I read it as ‘Women need…men speech.’ I had to read it to find out what men speech was.

I fully expected a dissertation on how women needed to speak like men; in short declarative sentences.

Can someone start a thread on that?

That is how I read the title too.

I was wondering what men speech was.

[/quote]

Mods, quick change the title! These women are on to us with our secret language… then they’ll know all our secrets.


#75

[quote]Christine wrote:
polo77j wrote:

Hell, Lou Ferigno was the Hulk … that right there is an accomplishment in and of itself for all that is man

Yeah, but Lynda Carter was Wonder Woman and had a utility belt.[/quote]

That’s cause Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman needed a utility belt to carry all her shit in … kinda like a purse (please note that Wonder Woman actually had “Super Abilities” unlike Batman who was just some normal dude who needed a utility belt … back to the discussion)


#76

The rough draft you posted brings you down to her level. Instead of trying to “get back at her” with this speech, instead make it into something that makes everyone in the class stop and think for awhile. Like the other posters, take the mature route by comparing and contrasting the differences between men and women, concluding with the end that they both need each other to some degree.

I think the logical progression would be:

  1. biological differences (lots of hard evidence here, you can’t argue with basic biology)

  2. psychological differences (again, make sure you research is high quality, maybe talk about the effects of certain hormones on the brain)

  3. sociological differences (how to men/women interact, differently, about the same?)

  4. statistics (get some statistics comparing men and women: education, income, quality of life, etc)

Just do your best to make it coherent, intelligent, and backed up by research. The girl might end up liking it so much that she gets a little wet just from being manhandled via awesome speech.

Hope that helps


#77

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.


#78

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Christine wrote:
polo77j wrote:

Hell, Lou Ferigno was the Hulk … that right there is an accomplishment in and of itself for all that is man

Yeah, but Lynda Carter was Wonder Woman and had a utility belt.

A lotta folks don’t know the reason WW had that name is that she was a helluva lay. And BTW, her utility belt held more than what you think it did.[/quote]

Leave it to Push to hijack a thread about men and women with talk of sex.

She does have a nifty gold rope that can be used for all sorts of fun play.


#79

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.


#80

[quote]Christine wrote:
I think a more honest speech would be why men and women need each other.

Life without men, while possible, would really suck. I’m sure that men feel the same way about life without women.

You chose your speech based on what someone else’s choice? Silly boy. Do you have a crush on her?[/quote]

I think this is a much more interesting speech.


#81

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Christine wrote:
pushharder wrote:
Christine wrote:
polo77j wrote:

Hell, Lou Ferigno was the Hulk … that right there is an accomplishment in and of itself for all that is man

Yeah, but Lynda Carter was Wonder Woman and had a utility belt.

A lotta folks don’t know the reason WW had that name is that she was a helluva lay. And BTW, her utility belt held more than what you think it did.

Leave it to Push to hijack a thread about men and women with talk of sex.

She does have a nifty gold rope that can be used for all sorts of fun play.

How can the interjection of sex into a discussion about the interactions of men and women can be considered a hijack in anybody’s universe?[/quote]

You should have replaced ‘sex’ with ‘intercourse’ in the above comment. And maybe ‘hijack’ with ‘interference’.


#82

[quote]kinein wrote:
Christine wrote:
I think a more honest speech would be why men and women need each other.

Life without men, while possible, would really suck. I’m sure that men feel the same way about life without women.

You chose your speech based on what someone else’s choice? Silly boy. Do you have a crush on her?

I think this is a much more interesting speech. [/quote]

I agree with all of this.