T Nation

Women Need Men Speech

Hey guys, I’m doing a speech on how women would be lost in life for my speech class. I chose the topic because a girl in my class picked (out of the possible topics) men would be lost without women in life. I NEED HELP TO MAKE IT MORE RHETORIC AND PERSUASIVE. General comments and feedback and edits would be much appreciated. We need to win this for man.

God is fair and loving. Everyone is said to be created equal. However, if males and females were indeed equal why is that the best chefs in the world are men, best athletes are men, the richest people, you guessed it, are also men. There are some odd cases of women doing extraordinary things, but it is the word ?odd? that deserves our attention. Why is it odd? It is odd because the majority of women do not accomplish anything special. Their accomplishments are like farts against a hurricane (simile). Women may argue this was facts from the past; nowadays the gender roles have been equalized. If so, why is that a man and a woman of equal abilities with the same jobs, result in women being paid only 3/4ths than that of the man (Procatalepsis). That is 250 dollars less for every 1000!

Do not get me wrong, I have foremost respect for women, especially my mother. My point is to argue that without men, women would be lost in life.

Women need men for three distinct reasons:

No. 1 As men we serve as the provider of the house, as men we serve as the ?backbone? of society; as men serve as the infrastructure of the world (anaphora). Our roles in society has changed minutely since the Stone Age, instead of being the provider of food and security, we are now the provider of financial stability. Dr Nick Neave, an evolutionary psychologist said ?[women] not only need [us], they are fundamentally programmed to depend on [us]? His survey results reveals that women are more likely to forgive men for an affair, not because they are nicer, but because they fear abandonment. Even in cases where women provided more financially in a family, they often ?disliked the financial responsibility - perhaps reflecting the inbuilt genetic imperative to rely on someone else.? Women are biologically programmed to be dependent on us. Don?t believe me? Recall date scenes from movies , what is the most common question that the woman would ask the man? If you guessed what is your job, you are correct. A job signifies financial stability, the ability to provide for her and her children. This is why Henry Kissinger says 'Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac.?

No. 2 All the differences in our mentality, physique, and thinking can be accounted by this one hormone: testosterone. This one hormone explains why men are more physical capable, more aggressive, and better at math. The abundance of testosterone makes men physically superior to women, in terms of size and strength. Without us, who would put the blood and sweat to build the magnificent engineering wonders, who would lift the heavy bricks and stones? Women, perhaps could have done it without men, but history has said, it was men that did it. Our mentality, physical capabilities, and risk taking have separated us from the women into a new category: the elite.

No.3 it is no surprise that g, statistics show that 80% of skydivers are men, and two thirds of rock climbers are men, we are more risk-taking. Risk is a double-edge sword; it is the basis for advancement and destruction. If Aristotle did not take the risk, that the world would be known as flat. If Bill Gates did not take the risk, Microsoft would not be founded. If Barack Obama did not take the risk, he would not be president. (parallelism) Our more adventurous and risky personalities, have created both harm and good. Nevertheless, through speculation of the advancement of the society over the past decade, the risks we took were well-worth-it.

Without us women would be lost, houses would not be built, society as we know it will not exist.

You are deluded. Other than procreation, women really don’t need us.

Women only need men for sex.

Women want men for companionship. The rest is nonsense.

Edit: Why do you care to feel needed? Isn’t is better to just be wanted?

[quote]debraD wrote:
Women only need men for sex.

Women want men for companionship. The rest is nonsense.[/quote]

if the bitch wanted a friend she’d get a dog

[quote]debraD wrote:
Women only need men for sex.

Women want men for companionship. The rest is nonsense.

Edit: Why do you care to feel needed? Isn’t is better to just be wanted?[/quote]

Women would be lost without a regular supply of deep squishy lovin’.

[quote]debraD wrote:
Women only need men for sex.
[/quote]

me me me me me !!!

Wow, you’re a braver man than I am. I agree men have accomplished more as far as history books go, but some of the arguments you have aren’t going to do anything for your argument and may even prevent you from getting any for a long, long time. Women and men are not the same.

How much of the reason women haven’t achieved so much can be traced back to original sin and the idea that women, by birth, are not as good. And when you think about our increased size and strength being traced back to hormonal levels with little other difference, it makes it seem even more insignificant.

However, because of the fem-nazi man-hater in your class, I am going to brainstorm today and think of ways to improve your speech. Best of luck!

The argument goes both ways, neither sex NEEDS the other for anything other than sex, simple as that. And some of your arguments are outdated and untrue (“testosterone is why men are better at math”, false, it seems men are better at math because not as many women are interested in, and decide to study math, thus you are aware of less prominent female mathematicians)

[quote]Itchy wrote:
Women would be lost without a regular supply of deep squishy lovin’.[/quote]

Be sure to summarize your speech with this line :smiley:

BTW, I earn more and am better at math and logic than most men I know and of late I am even stronger and faster than many of them too.

Men don’t need to spend over an hour in the bathroom putting their faces on before “going out”.

We can pee standing up.

We don’t defy nature and bleed for a week without dying.

We don’t have to push a baby out of one of our orifices.

Testosterone.

That fact is that because of these things, we have the drive and time to do more. Bitches be trippin’ if they think they can get by without us. If I had to sit down and pee, I’d probably be ust as useless as a woman.

(braces for imminent beating)

[quote]Mondy wrote:
I chose the topic because a girl in my class picked (out of the possible topics) men would be lost without women in life. [/quote]

Um, High Shcool?

Read the book Manliness by by Harvey C. Mansfield (of Harvard).

I think a more honest speech would be why men and women need each other.

Life without men, while possible, would really suck. I’m sure that men feel the same way about life without women.

You chose your speech based on what someone else’s choice? Silly boy. Do you have a crush on her?

[quote]Christine wrote:
I think a more honest speech would be why men and women need each other.

Life without men, while possible, would really suck. I’m sure that men feel the same way about life without women.

You chose your speech based on what someone else’s choice? Silly boy. Do you have a crush on her?[/quote]

This is a good idea. You will come across as cool and confident and she will appear bitter and insecure :slight_smile:

I don’t think your speech will get a very good reception… Maybe focus on why women would be lost without men, but mention some of your opponents points as well, and come to the conclusion that one would be lost without the other, and both are essential. Corny, but what you’re planning on saying will not be taken well, especially your first paragraph.

For instance, when you mention that women are paid 3/4 of what men are paid, everyone will chalk that up to discrimination. You’ll come off as an asshole for using it in an argument that the accomplishments of women aren’t that special.

And just for the record… the majority of men don’t accomplish anything special either.

The way I see it, almost EVERYTHING a man does is, in some small way, because of women. I suspect the reverse is also true. i second the “why we need each other” suggestion.

[quote]Enkiduu wrote:
For instance, when you mention that women are paid 3/4 of what men are paid, everyone will chalk that up to discrimination. You’ll come off as an asshole for using it in an argument that the accomplishments of women aren’t that special.
[/quote]

Porn. Woman get paid 5 times as much as guys in porn movies.

Uh oh That wasn’t a very smart addition to this thread eh? ah well…um but on another note… Woman are a beautiful creature, sorry guys, but uh we do absolutely need those little docile good looking, soft skin long velvety hair with a naked arched back with a wasp waist with the bed in the background…damn you debra and your avatar :frowning:

[quote]debraD wrote:
Women want men for companionship. The rest is nonsense.
[/quote]

No offence, but that itself is nonsense.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
We don’t defy nature and bleed for a week without dying.
[/quote]

Nice South Park reference, but Mr. Garrisson says “I just don’t trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn’t die”. Not an entire week. Just 5 days…

Sorry, just felt the need to correct that little error.

[quote]Geminspector wrote:
Mondy wrote:
I chose the topic because a girl in my class picked (out of the possible topics) men would be lost without women in life.

Um, High Shcool?

[/quote]

Yeap, I read over my speech. I come off as a total dickhead, but how can I modify my speech to show that women are lost without men, while maintaining a good image?