Women Managers = Scary!

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
tootles27 wrote:

There is usually a few moments of niceness before I blow.

That’s sweet of you but if you’re going to blow, it’s merely a formality.[/quote]

It’s funny cause most of the time they see this niceness as fair warning and like a miracle things happen the way they are supposed to. But in my head, I still want to kill someone. If it wasn’t for the gym, I would be the next Boston Strangler!! LOL.

I have to agree with you there, the gym is soo great for relieving my stress! The muscles are a welcomed side effect.

• Adam

[quote]tootles27 wrote:
PonceDeLeon wrote:
tootles27 wrote:

There is usually a few moments of niceness before I blow.

That’s sweet of you but if you’re going to blow, it’s merely a formality.

It’s funny cause most of the time they see this niceness as fair warning and like a miracle things happen the way they are supposed to. But in my head, I still want to kill someone. If it wasn’t for the gym, I would be the next Boston Strangler!! LOL.[/quote]

Woman managers are tougher and expect more from their female employees, because they know men are simple and stubborn and incapable of doing the job right.

Men managers are tougher and expect more from their male employees, because they know women are silly and frivolous and incapable of doing the job right.

So be your own boss, and answer to no one.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Woman managers are tougher and expect more from their female employees, because they know men are simple and stubborn and incapable of doing the job right.

Men managers are tougher and expect more from their male employees, because they know women are silly and frivolous and incapable of doing the job right.

So be your own boss, and answer to no one.[/quote]

Already did.

[quote]BigJawnMize wrote:
I don’t know–I think there are qualified managers and unqualified managers. I have worked for both. Qualified people have their shit together and can keep on point. The unqualified people have a hard time seeing the big picture and tend to focus on small shit that they can tackle (dirty microwaves) to compensate for the lack of real accomplishment. The only thing that is different between unqualified men and unqualified women is the type of stupid shit they focus on.[/quote]

I agree with this statement, only I would change qualified to secure. I’ve seen good people who are scared for their jobs start running around meddling with the most trivial things, just so they could show they were doing something. I’ve had more bad women bosses than I’ve had men bosses, but that might just be me.

[quote]adamhum wrote:
If you’re doing it right you empower and then act more as a mentor then a manager. of course if your peeps are doing something that could hurt business or get you in trouble, then you have to step in and straighten it out.

Then again, all upper management seems to care about are redundant reporting and you not making them look bad.

• adam

imhungry wrote:
adamhum wrote:
Good points! I am in a similar situation with my current male manager. I think you should set peoples expectations, let them know what their responsibilities and let them succeed or fail. if they fail you straighten them out and set them up for success again.

When you micromanage, you don’t trust your people and they don’t act as responsible because they know you will be there to catch any mistakes.

• Adam

imhungry wrote:
I’ve had a couple of female managers that were nutty, but they busted their ass and were really detail oriented. Sure, they were a little emotional, but that was because they cared about their job…maybe a little TOO much. They were always stressed out.

On the other hand, I have a senior manager, (who i’m friends with) that doesn’t care about what’s going on in the department, until there’s a problem. Wheras, his boss (director) micro-manages to the hilt and thinks that something’s going to be missed, so he feels that he’s got to be involved in EVERYTHING. My manager hardly does shit, because his boss does it all. They’re polar opposites in their managing styles and it’s hard to deal with much of the time.

In other words, neither one is better than the other, in my experience.

You’re right. If you’re not being allowed to ‘manage’ then how can you grow? Obviously, you can’t. The other problem is, that he will also complain that he HAS to do it all, otherwise it wouldn’t get done. Well, how the fuck would he know?? He doesn’t trust his team enough to let them and it’s stunting their growth, plus, his team starts to resent him sooner or later.

As a supervisor that’s been trying to be promoted to manager, i’ve been running into all kinds of obstacles in the past few years and I could go on forever about this subject.

[/quote]

Yes, that’s what managers are supposed to do, but often times they don’t. Some managers are serious control freaks, who don’t care about your personal growth and want to do everything. Or, they’ll delegate EVERYTHING, then micro-manage you to death.

Where I work, I have the whole gamut of managing styles and personalities, so it can be pretty interesting when there’s issues and they all have to discuss ways of finding solutions. Common sense seems to not have any place in those meetings. Money…different story.

On those days, I think that i’m having an aneurysm.

[quote]tootles27 wrote:
imhungry wrote:
tootles27 wrote:
PS: I have a secret stash of teddy bears under my bed.

Yeah… without HEADS!!

No way, I’m not that mean!! I am going to take a pic of me and my teddy bear and it will be my new avatar!![/quote]

What!? I think that would be hilarious. I’m sure you beat the hell out of them and pretend they’re your co-workers when you’ve had a shitty day.

I double-dog-dare you to take a pic with a teddy bear and make it your avatar!

Maybe gay managers are the best because they have both female and male traits/styles?

[quote]adamhum wrote:
Maybe gay managers are the best because they have both female and male traits/styles? [/quote]

Not really, most take on the female style, at least from my person experience. Well, I guess you are right, one of my managers (under me) wants everything clean one moment and won’t have shit cleaned for a month even though I tell his ass to get someone to clean it and I end up having to send my assistant to tell someone to clean the place. He also micromanages, then doesn’t come out of his office for a couple of days and just lets everything run a muck. The latter usually happens when he is expecting a call from me. Which he knows I call everyday at 9:00 A.M. so I do not know why he expects some other call at some random time in the day.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
tootles27 wrote:
imhungry wrote:
tootles27 wrote:

Yeah… without HEADS!!

No way, I’m not that mean!! I am going to take a pic of me and my teddy bear and it will be my new avatar!!

What!? I think that would be hilarious. I’m sure you beat the hell out of them and pretend they’re your co-workers when you’ve had a shitty day.

I double-dog-dare you to take a pic with a teddy bear and make it your avatar![/quote]

Note to self: Don’t throw a challenge out there because hungry is waiting with the double dog dares!!

I triple dog dare ya!

[quote]tootles27 wrote:
imhungry wrote:
tootles27 wrote:
imhungry wrote:
tootles27 wrote:

Yeah… without HEADS!!

No way, I’m not that mean!! I am going to take a pic of me and my teddy bear and it will be my new avatar!!

I double-dog-dare you to take a pic with a teddy bear and make it your avatar!

Note to self: Don’t throw a challenge out there because hungry is waiting with the double dog dares!![/quote]

I knew you couldn’t resist a double-dog-dare!!

Now, my opinion of you being a badass has changed, since you actually have teddy bears…Cute. You’re da shit, Cara:)