Women in the Work Place

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

ah well… I must be wrong

I am ready for you men to take care of things for me now.

step up fellas, I can cook.

[/quote]

Now I know why everyone loves you

[quote]Makavali wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
anytime… . we’ll just wear aprons to protect our senstive areas in case of spatters

Giggity?[/quote]

You’re not invited, Mak.

Woo more chicks in the ARMY.

Attractive please.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:

Yeah, didn’t I tell you about that time was frying bacon naked and the grease splattered and hit the tip of my penis?

That was the worst day of my life. [/quote]

That’s not too bad. Try taking a piss after cutting up peppers and tell me if that isn’t the worst day of your life. Even though I had washed my hands 3 times with liquid dish soap before going to the bathroom I could still see a bright red throbbing thumb print on my dick head afterward. Holding your dick in a cup full of rice wine vinegar for an hour in the shower isn’t fun. On top of that I didn’t have enough vinegar left over to make salad dressing.

Lets face it…most managers are just fucking terrible at being a manager/leader. Women may have a tendency for theatrics/drama but men are just as bad with their tendency to try and flex their professional clout.

[quote]GhorigTheBeefy wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

Yeah, didn’t I tell you about that time was frying bacon naked and the grease splattered and hit the tip of my penis?

That was the worst day of my life.

That’s not too bad. Try taking a piss after cutting up peppers and tell me if that isn’t the worst day of your life. Even though I had washed my hands 3 times with liquid dish soap before going to the bathroom I could still see a bright red throbbing thumb print on my dick head afterward. Holding your dick in a cup full of rice wine vinegar for an hour in the shower isn’t fun. On top of that I didn’t have enough vinegar left over to make salad dressing.

Lets face it…most managers are just fucking terrible at being a manager/leader. Women may have a tendency for theatrics/drama but men are just as bad with their tendency to try and flex their professional clout.

[/quote]

on an unrelated note… . don’t have your girl go down on you after she’s had something spicy either…

on an unrelated note… . don’t have your girl go down on you after she’s had something spicy either…[/quote]

Don’t listen to her, she doesn’t know what she’s talking about.

(Shut up OG, I’m trying to be cruel)

i have seen similar stuff OP.

many female managers i have had, feel the need to reinforce their position or assume that they wont be respected unless they make you feel like dirt.

alot of blokes do that too though.

[quote]Vash wrote:
having a female manager or female in an authoritative position[/quote]

Hahaha

god dammit where are the pictures

[quote]-Tiberius- wrote:
god dammit where are the pictures[/quote]

I am coming for you

Yes they should. Women add a lot of value to most areas of a business.

That being said I don’t think most women are cut out for being managers. Only the ones who are naturally good at giving orders are any good.

I’ve had too many female managers that acted like women :). Now that means I have no fucking idea what they want. E.g. Yesterday my boss said “Hey if you have any spare time could you come talk to me I want to run something by you”. I was busy so I didn’t go see her. This morning when I came in she was all bitchy and went off at me for not going and seeing her.

On the other hand I’ve also had too many female managers that tried to act like men. However it is very awkward when they try too hard.

If you are naturally good at giving orders then be a manager. Otherwise don’t. Note: This applies to guys as well. I think a lot of guys genuinely enjoy bossing others around (while being fair) whereas most women I have worked with don’t.

Both sexes love to be power hungry jerks when they are in positions of power.

gggrrrrr

[quote]Makavali wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
on an unrelated note… . don’t have your girl go down on you after she’s had something spicy either…

Don’t listen to her, she doesn’t know what she’s talking about.

(Shut up OG, I’m trying to be cruel)[/quote]

My gf doesn’t eat very spicy food so I doubt I have to worry about it. However, it might be worth it just so I could shoot some seriously hot spunk up her nose in retaliation. It’d be a bitch to try and poor vinegar or alcohol up your nose to neutralize the burn.

Best manager I ever had was female.
some people are not good leaders, gender isn’t specific to this.

Just to put it out there… but do any of the men think their interpretations of their female managers might be influenced by them being women and the prejudice regarding women? If a woman is tough, she is a “bitch”, if a man is tough, he’s a “doesn’t take shit boss”. [/quote]

I dont know how this idea got started. If a guy were a jerk, i wouldnt call him a “doesnt take shit boss” I’d call him a jerk.

My main problem with the women I work with (my workplace is about 50/50) is that they always complain it’s too cold and keep complaining until maintenance turns up the heat until I’m about to spontaneously combust! I try to tell them that it’s allowable for them to sweaters to work, but it isn’t allowable for me to wear shorts and a tank top!

-about to catch on fire at work here in IL

Wasn’t this battle already fought 40 years ago? I thought the concept of “women in the workplace” was a non-issue by now. Maybe I’ve been sheltered my entire career, but I’ve never actually heard anyone suggest a wholesale problem with the fact that they work with women. Odd.

[quote]miroku333 wrote:
some people are not good leaders, gender isn’t specific to this.[/quote]

This is the most logical statement in this thread. The OP’s real issue is his boss’s management style (or lack thereof) NOT that his boss is a women.

[quote]suruppak wrote:
My main problem with the women I work with (my workplace is about 50/50) is that they always complain it’s too cold and keep complaining until maintenance turns up the heat until I’m about to spontaneously combust! I try to tell them that it’s allowable for them to sweaters to work, but it isn’t allowable for me to wear shorts and a tank top!
[/quote]

This is just about the only complaint I ever hear regarding women at work - probably the only gender specific issue that I would agree with. I think women (especially when they get a few years on them) have a harder time regulating body temperature then men, and as such men and women would feel comfortable at different temperatures. Fortunately this issue is pretty easy to resolve (sweaters, personal heaters, etc.)

[quote]Stuyou wrote:
Wasn’t this battle already fought 40 years ago? I thought the concept of “women in the workplace” was a non-issue by now. Maybe I’ve been sheltered my entire career, but I’ve never actually heard anyone suggest a wholesale problem with the fact that they work with women. Odd.

miroku333 wrote:
some people are not good leaders, gender isn’t specific to this.

This is the most logical statement in this thread. The OP’s real issue is his boss’s management style (or lack thereof) NOT that his boss is a women.

[/quote]

That is what I said on the first page…

some folks are just lousy leaders [/quote]

+1…You just have an asshole as a boss. Being an asshole is not gender dependent. It sucks how common it is though.