Women in the Work Place

Fuck that.

Hear me out.

I’ve yet to be employed at a business which, having a female manager or female in an authoritative position, did not suffer from the “My Dick is Bigger Than Yours” shenanigans.

My current boss, for example. Works a good third of a given shift (the store has three people, including her) half of the time, other half calls in. Constantly complaining about personal problems, proclaiming how good at sales she is, her abilities as a manager, her education, etc. [The Education/IQ thing seems to be a sore spot for her. In the six months since I’ve worked with her, I’ve not had a week where she didn’t mention her degree, her IQ, or her husband’s IQ.] She also holds the belief that the louder and faster she speaks, the more correct/powerful she is.

Most of my previous female bosses have been the same.

Today was a particularly nasty experience. Constant yelling about who I voted for (wrote myself in again, all offices), how much southern people suck with their lack of education [two degrees in different fields], morals [okay, lacking here, but still], work ethic [I’ve been to work late twice since I was 16], and our Cajun heritage is a drain on society [half Cajun].

She also complains of racial stereotyping, profiling, and general negative behavior towards her based on her heritage [Jewish].

I’m trying to be nice. Well, I was. Since it is against company policy to give a write-up for anything involving not opening the store on time [including missing money, customer complaints, showing up to work drunk and throwing up on the sales floor, having sex on the sales floor, etc - all at this location] , I’m becoming very tempted to go ape-shit . . . well, be myself.

Damn, off on a tangent.

Question: should women be allowed to work in the same areas as men? I obviously vote no.

Any woman [excuse me, T-Woman] offended by this: ain’t that a bitch?

Sounds like you are upset because she has a bigger dick than yours.

Personally I find whiny little male bitches like you who don’t know how to deal with other people much more frustrating.

it sucks fella when management screws you over, but maybe she is just a lousy manager, and not that she is a woman

We have a manager that hasn’t fired this one guy that has been caught asleep, actually DROOLING on his desk three times. That is frustrating.

maybe it is just “petty person syndrome” or “apathetic manager syndrome” and not just “women managers shouldn’t work with men syndrome”?

some folks are just lousy leaders

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

it sucks fella when management screws you over, but maybe she is just a lousy manager, and not that she is a woman

We have a manager that hasn’t fired this one guy that has been caught asleep, actually DROOLING on his desk three times. That is frustrating.

maybe it is just “petty person syndrome” or “apathetic manager syndrome” and not just “women managers shouldn’t work with men syndrome”?

some folks are just lousy leaders

[/quote]

It’s entirely her inability to manage interpersonal relations, task delegation, and respectful workplace interaction. I’ve had more managers that are female, so I presume it’s just a personality type that tends to go for such positions.

She is a diagnosed bi-polar, among other things. My entire post was effectively me dancing around repeating “bitch” for twenty-two paragraphs.

A manager’s job is to delegate tasks, encourage sales-generating behavior, establish and maintain decorum, and keep the workplace running smoothly. Getting oneself noticed by human resources for inhibiting customer interaction, ability to complete necessary tasks, and basically sucking at professionalism is not on any to-do list I’ve come across.

Women are poor managers. Many females who have worked in the corporate culture will agree with me. Whenever you force women to adopt masculine characteristics, there are going to be problems. Feminists want equality, but all they have done is forced women to change their inherent nature - and neither males or females are happier because of it.

A company we used to do work for had two female project managers. At least once a week they would literally scream at me over the phone because I couldn’t drop every other job in the shop and run their shit. I would put them on speaker phone, walk up to the front office and have my dad come back and listen to these women just lose it over the phone. We couldn’t help but laugh. Maybe they were just crazy(which doesn’t discriminate between genders), but I’ve never had anyone scream at me over the phone or in person in a business environment. That’s just wrong on so many levels, and is hardly productive.

I’ve dealt with my fair share of women in the workplace. I do think they are harder to deal with simply because men a women think differently, solve problems differently, and have differing opinions on damn near anything, but I don’t think it’s a bad thing(at least not all the time).

[quote]Vash wrote:
Fuck that.

Hear me out.

[/quote]

This made me laugh.

ah well… I must be wrong

I am ready for you men to take care of things for me now.

step up fellas, I can cook.

I’ve had female bosses. All lovely.
I’ve had male bosses. All lovely.
I’ve had female workmates. All lovely.
I’ve had male workmates. All lovely.

I’ve had some female workmates who are sexy and this was an added bonus.

Someone her engages in a ‘dick measuring contest’ all the time is just a dick.

Both gender’s suffer from it.

What’s her gender got to do with anything?

OG, I can cook too! Wanna cook together?..

Naked?

ah well… I must be wrong

I am ready for you men to take care of things for me now.

step up fellas, I can cook.

[/quote]

I just came.

[quote]Spry wrote:
I’ve had female bosses. All lovely.
I’ve had male bosses. All lovely.
I’ve had female workmates. All lovely.
I’ve had male workmates. All lovely.

I’ve had some female workmates who are sexy and this was an added bonus.

Someone her engages in a ‘dick measuring contest’ all the time is just a dick.

Both gender’s suffer from it.

What’s her gender got to do with anything?

OG, I can cook too! Wanna cook together?..

Naked?

[/quote]

anytime… . we’ll just wear aprons to protect our senstive areas in case of spatters

I’m 50/50 on this.

Most of our clients (90%) are female in the events industry - they manage and put together events and we are the production company that supply them with graphics, sets (both my job), sound, lighting, etc.

I’ll sometimes have clients which have just joined the client company and try to dictate how the show procedure is to work and in the end they depend on us to fix their mistakes.

Then again, the biggest managers of these event companies are women and shit runs pretty smoothly most of the time.

I do find working with male clients easier, could be because our main one just lets me get on with the job and is always happy with our work.

Just to put it out there… but do any of the men think their interpretations of their female managers might be influenced by them being women and the prejudice regarding women? If a woman is tough, she is a “bitch”, if a man is tough, he’s a “doesn’t take shit boss”.

Your reactions to how a woman is might be different just because she is a woman.

I don’t know. I am a supervisor and I do my job. If I were throwing tantrums at work I would be fired.

men have just as many ego trips, power struggles and dick waving problems as women

men really just don’t like having a woman tell them what to do

there are bad women managers, and good ones

I sure hope it isn’t that women are bad managers

Vash… sounds like the situation sucks! It must be a very long and hard day to have to put up with that behavior. I hope you find a new and better place to work or the situation gets fixed.

Thing of it is, when the boss isn’t there, we:
sell more
don’t stress at all
never have issues getting non-customer stuff done

It’s sad that a job I work for almost a good two-three hours a week is making me look at getting back to cell-phones.

OG, I do think women and men act differently in the workplace (like everywhere else).

A female boss is likely to take a caring attitude for individuals in her team (I’ve only had one so that is a very generalised generalisation!).

A male is more about keeping the team as a whole in high spirits. If you’re a weak link, you’re cut, to keep the team at its best.

But only to a point. The female boss ain’t going to give me a cuddle if I fuck up on a job.

But it doesn’t take a genius to know how to interact with people of different genders.

I might be a bit flirty with women but more 'hey, hell ‘bout the rack on her!’ with my male bosses but that’s just the fun of a social workplace.

Anyway. I do what I’m told by women so I might be whipped.

Is this thread for real? I’ve worked for women who were shitty, and for men who were shitty. The worst boss I ever had was a man. I’m currently working for a woman who has owned and run her own business successfully for years.

OP, it sounds like you got a dud of a boss. I definitely wouldn’t want to deal with someone like that. But I don’t think the fact that she is a woman is the problem.

I don’t think women are lousy managers. I just think that sometimes women and men find it difficult to work with one another.

I’m pretty sure that if you were a woman, things might be easier. Not because the boss is sexist, but merely because you would have more common ground + you would probably understand each other more.

That being said, I don’t think that this is a “mean female bosses are bitches but mean male bosses jut don’t take shit” type of thing. Hell I think most men will agree that if a female boss is crazy, she is a bitch, and if a male boss is crazy, he is an asshole.

My general point is not to make generalizations about a gender, but if you wanted to make generalizations, be more inclined to do so about male-female interactions in the workplace.

Answering your final question should females and males work together? A resounding hell yes. Men and women’s difference is what makes them valuable in a team. They each have a different perspective and something new to bring to the table.

I can’t make a judgment call either way, but my own anecdotal evidence has been that women are lousy managers. I worked for a year as a waiter and then a bartender, the 3 men who were our bosses - phenomenal. Ran shit, took care of their staff, kept everything going.

The 3 women - pretty bad. One was lazy as shit, one drank on the job, one was a power tripping bitch. I won’t go ahead and say that women have to be terrible managers, but my own experience says I should avoid having women manage if I can.

anytime… . we’ll just wear aprons to protect our senstive areas in case of spatters

[/quote]

Giggity?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

Giggity?[/quote]

Yeah, didn’t I tell you about that time was frying bacon naked and the grease splattered and hit the tip of my penis?

That was the worst day of my life.