Women in Men's Sports

So at the high school I graduated from there this is dispute going on because a female who is a senior isn’t getting varsity playing time. It is spreading like wild fire on facebook and all this women are saying how it is so wrong.

Here is what her mom wrote:

As many of you may know this is my daughter Abigail (aka ABBE) She is a Mineral Ridge senior. She has played football for Mineral Ridge for 7 years. This year she should be playing on the varsity team and the coaches aren’t giving her the opportunity to play like she should… Head coach says in front of football players and parents that she is one of the toughest girls he has ever met and that she is the TOUGHEST girl in that school!!

Then tells me afterwards she is one strong girl and that she does EVERYTHING she is asked to do, completes everything, he IS going to play her as much as possible… Did i mention she IS THE ONLY FEMALE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PLAYER IN MAHONING AND TRUMBULL COUNTY OR AS THEY SAY IN THIS TRI-COUNT AREA…Now here we are 4 games later and she is NOT playing varsity still. He has played her at the end of one game A PLAY and she did what she was suppose to do, but the other player ran the outside…

He has played her on JV. It has been the rule (until this year it seems) that a senior is not allowed to play on the JV team… He says she IS a part of the varsity team… Lol that’s a joke because she sure isn’t being treated like that from the coach… He told her she was NOT GOOD ENOUGH and SHE IS NOT BENEFICIAL to the team!!! REALLY!?! Coaches making comments about her not being able to handle it because she is a GIRL etc… So I go to this coach and I ask him why she is not playing on the varsity team and he tells me because she IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!! And about this play that went wrong…(every kid on that team has made a mistake)

I ask him how he could say that to a kid to their face and he gets closer to my face and louder and says because she IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!! Had meeting this morning with principle, coach, and athletic director ( who has known her for years) ( did mention the coaching staff and principle are all new this year?) and when brought up what he said he said that is not what he said. That he said she is not good enough to start on the varsity team… LIER!!! And then he said that maybe the last time he said it he may have said that but that’s not what he meant… He denied saying he told her she wasn’t beneficial to the team, but when my daughter was brought in and she said to him that he said that she couldn’t benefit the team…

He again said that’s not what I meant to say… REALLY!?! (Lie #2) and there were more!!! They are saying she should play on JV team because she has put the work into it ( ALL SUMMER) and so she gets play time ( they barely have a JV team) and he will play her when he can… She is the ONLY SENIOR NOT PLAYING ON VARSITY!!! We have had numerous parents, varsity players, other coaches, etc ask us why isn’t she playing on varsity… She has grown up with these boys and played football with her since the 4th grade and they have seen her play and said she should be playing on the varsity team!! They know she can do it!!!

Yes she is a girl but a VERY STRONG ONE!!! As her mother I AM HER BIGGEST SUPPORTER, but even is she was someone else’s daughter and still going through this I would think it is not right!!! She could get hurt just like any of those boys out there can. Is this DISCRIMINATION??? Regardless if you think it is or isn’t can we get some support out there for her!!! Cheer her on!!! Make her name known!!! Thank you in advance for any input everyone has and for supporting her and helping her make a name for herself even if they don’t seem to want to!!! She IS ONE AWSOME GIRL FOOTBALL PLAYER!!!

Is it so hard for women to look at science and go wow men’s bodies are naturally stronger and can gain muscle easier. Maybe the coach isn’t playing her because she will probably get hurt and they’re guys that are alot better than her. I feel like I am taking crazy pills when I read this feminist bullshit.

That is why I liked wrestling. When there are 2 people in the same weight class you scrimmage and who ever wins wrestles in the match.

Putting in your time means absolutely nothing.

I really wouldn’t feel right tackling a female.

This is why our T-levels as a nation have dropped by about 50% in the last 20 years…

What a bunch of shit…

She might be good for a girl, but she is not the best player in her position. If she was, she would be playing more.

Stick to being a place kicker.

Sounds like a California school. I grew up there, until I escaped.

Title 9 madness and the unforeseen consequences.

[quote]Brett620 wrote:

She might be good for a girl, but she is not the best player in her position. If she was, she would be playing more.

[/quote]

Maybe, maybe not, but you don’t know this. Either she’s not playing because she’s not good enough or she’s not playing because the coach doesn’t want to play a girl, but that can’t be evaluated without seeing the girl play. If she does suck, then I do sympathize for the coach, that’s a tough position to be in.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]Brett620 wrote:

[/quote]

Maybe, maybe not, but you don’t know this. Either she’s not playing because she’s not good enough or she’s not playing because the coach doesn’t want to play a girl, but that can’t be evaluated without seeing the girl play. If she does suck, then I do sympathize for the coach, that’s a tough position to be in.
[/quote]

I would safely put my money on that she isn’t good enough. There were a few girls in my area when I was playing high school football that attempted to play at the Varsity level. It was not pretty. The size, speed, acceleration, you know all the things needed in football are just too lopsided in a male’s favor.

I absolutely love women, but this is just the reality. They were not built to play a collision sport versus males at a high level and come out on top 99% of the time.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]Brett620 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

That’s possible… but in my experience in athletics, coaches will do anything it takes to win. Esp. in today’s PC climate, he would get extra kudos for putting in a girl if she was of similar ability. Either she is:

1. Worse
  2. Or a distraction
  3. or a combo of the two

Then she gets injured and her mom sues the school.

[quote]b89 wrote:
Then she gets injured and her mom sues the school. [/quote]

YES THIS.

She is A GIRL WHY DID YOU HIT HER SO HARD. I am suing! And as a male playing a girl you can’t win. You get beat by her you get ragged to hell. You level her ass and hurt her - you are a bastard.

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]b89 wrote:

YES THIS.

She is A GIRL WHY DID YOU HIT HER SO HARD. I am suing! And as a male playing a girl you can’t win. You get beat by her you get ragged to hell. You level her ass and hurt her - you are a bastard.[/quote]
You bang her; you’re indecent.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]b89 wrote:

YES THIS.

She is A GIRL WHY DID YOU HIT HER SO HARD. I am suing! And as a male playing a girl you can’t win. You get beat by her you get ragged to hell. You level her ass and hurt her - you are a bastard.[/quote]
You bang her; you’re indecent.[/quote]

Lmao, bang her on the field? Win.

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]b89 wrote:

YES THIS.

The entitlement parents are ruining this country because everything has to be put on a level where their kid can succeed easier or never have to deal with any adversity.

It’s happening in Northeast Ohio and her mom is threatening to go to the news next week if she doesn’t play next Friday.

Here is a pic of her, I’m thinking she is a linemen.

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]b89 wrote:

YES THIS.

Personally, I would just lay her ass out and careless.

Holy shit at those cankles.

edit: I would level her. Whoever has the football is getting smoked, regardless of what’s in between their legs.

Give her a few test runs in front of the parents. Problem solved. I’m willing to assume that some exceptional girls can hang with males at this level; I’m also willing to admit that they are usually exceptions. No need for hostility, just give her a try.

This just fucking baffles me. It is just plain stupid. A girl cannot play in the same team as guys. Many kinds and her age squat upwards of 400 pounds. How much does she squat? 225 if she is lucky? In my book, make the parent sign a paper saying that the school has no responsibility if she gets hurt during a play etc, put her in to play, and wait for magic. I am guessing 3-5 tackles until she gets badly injured.

This is where people thinking gender equality entitles them to something they haven’t earned.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]Brett620 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

This. It’s kind of hard to tell what’s really going on when we have no idea about the player’s ability. As a general rule, the best players should be playing, regardless of sex, politics, or who’s “worked really hard”. That may or may not be happening here. This is a pretty crappy situation for both the player and the coach.

And for the guys that brought up her getting hurt or hit and getting upset about it…getting hurt in sports, especially contact sports like football, is a risk every player has to take. If an athlete doesnt realize that, there are other problems that need to be addressed first. This girl has played football for several years. I’m sure she’s taken a hit at some point during that time, and probably decided she’s ok with it since she still wants to play.

I can only speak for myself here, but as a woman who’s sports/hobbies tend to be dominated by men, I would be pissed if I got anything less than an opponents best effort–regardless of sex. When I’m training or competing, I expect to be treated like any other athlete. I’m not out there to prove a point, or make some sort of statement. I’m doing what I enjoy. I realize that I have limitations, which are mostly related to my size/sex, but that doesn’t mean I expect to be treated with kid gloves. I would imagine most female athletes feel similarly.

i doubt the chick the op posted is an Olympic weight lifter, so put her in, let her get destroyed a few times and possibly knocked the fuck out so her parents will shut the fuck up.

There are plenty of young men who have worked just as hard as her who will never play because theyre just not good enough. It’s life, deal with it.