Women and The AD or NHE?

Thanks for the update Jilly!

I’ve been on the AD for about 10 weeks I think. I gained muscle and a bit of fat on the 18x the calories, but that was probably becuase I went from 1400 cals/day to 2000, a big jump… but I gained more muscle than fat for sure.

Now I’m leaning out for a show and am eating 1100 cals/day with only a 1 day carb up. I’ve dropped to 12.5% bf and need to go to 8% and I have 5 weeks to do it in :S

Ladies (BGB and JB)

1. JB-- I mentioned a psychological/emotional component in some folks on the load. You need to eat a clean load, you need to adjust the load duration for your specific circumstance, and you need to know yourself. A female co-worker of mine, went from 160 to 112 in 3 months. BUT she is terrible about pulling out of a sugar nose-dive on the AD. So…we put her on the NHE instead and she is able to cope much more easily. The only thing making you eat doughnuts instead of oatmeal is lurking in your brain. ;-). The enemy within, so to speak.

Plan to have your clean favorites on the load with a few treats like pizza or some ice cream. You’ve got to dial it in a bit more for fat loss than for maintenance or growth.

1. Don’t let boredom mess your diet up. There are many food varieties/dishes you can access online for free. I eat chili, meatloaf, fajitas, steak, burger, turkey, chicken w/alfredo and more because I’ve found recipes that alter them to LC versions.

2. There is some variance in fat loss on the percentages of P & F on weekdays.

Some do well on:
40%F/50%P/10%CHO (if CHO is still below 30-40g)

others on 65%F/30%P/5% CHO

The ranges are in the AD to give you some play room for individuality. Use these and find out how you respond. This will give you contol over your body like never before.

Best,
DH

Remember, success is in adjusting the details while respecting the overall structure here.

Off hand, I’d suggest NHE with an attempt to get 100g of quality CHO on the midweek spike, and then give yourself a “window” of about 2 hours on Saturday for whatever you want to eat. By respecting this time frame, AND having a good “return” meal planned for the Sunday morning, you’ll do better in all likelihood.

[quote]BGB wrote:
Thanks for the update Jilly!

I’ve been on the AD for about 10 weeks I think. I gained muscle and a bit of fat on the 18x the calories, but that was probably becuase I went from 1400 cals/day to 2000, a big jump… but I gained more muscle than fat for sure.

Now I’m leaning out for a show and am eating 1100 cals/day with only a 1 day carb up. I’ve dropped to 12.5% bf and need to go to 8% and I have 5 weeks to do it in :S[/quote]

DH, I missed your post until just now. Thank you for your reply! I decided to take a break from the AD, but will keep it in mind for the future and be sure to try these tips. I appreciate your expertise and input here and the “big” thread! :slight_smile: