Women and Navy Seals

The only reason I wouldn’t want a woman involved on a Seal team is because it is very possible that the team would not function as effectively. For example if she’s decent looking, you don’t want some of the men pawning over her during training or acting differently in the team because of her. Also, the possibility of having a relationship develop within the team would be just a bad idea overall. Also it might make other Seals jealous if she’s hot enough, lol.

However, I’ve met only a handful of girls in the Army that could actually keep up with the men. They are out there, and I’m sure some could pass the Seal standards.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

However, I’ve met only a handful of girls in the Army that could actually keep up with the men. They are out there, and I’m sure some could pass the Seal standards. [/quote]

Shit, I wasn’t going to say this but who wants some fucking crazy bitch on steroids in their squad? I mean seriously!

[quote]ZEB wrote:
When you say no woman could meet the standards you might be over generalizing. There may very well be a few who could. If so is it fair to keep them out? [/quote]

Yes, they compromise the unit.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:
I’d be one ticked off individual if I was paired up with her doing some of those hold-this-over-your-head-forever team exercises.[/quote]

Group exercises(‘milling’ - not SEALs but you get the idea. Special forces are tough guys):

I really hope Batey is pushing paper somewhere in our military. The idea that he is “protecting” me from wild eyed terrorist mountain men is unsettling.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
The only reason I wouldn’t want a woman involved on a Seal team is because it is very possible that the team would not function as effectively. For example if she’s decent looking, you don’t want some of the men pawning over her during training or acting differently in the team because of her. Also, the possibility of having a relationship develop within the team would be just a bad idea overall. Also it might make other Seals jealous if she’s hot enough, lol.

However, I’ve met only a handful of girls in the Army that could actually keep up with the men. They are out there, and I’m sure some could pass the Seal standards. [/quote]

Trust me if its a female Seal, she’s probably not going to look like the Playboy playmate for the month of August. Instead, she may remind you more of Rosie O Donnel, except with broader shoulders.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

I really hope Batey is pushing paper somewhere in our military. The idea that he is “protecting” me from wild eyed terrorist mountain men is unsettling.
[/quote]

Did you not see how he kept coming back? That moxie is exactly what got him chosen for the Super Soldier program.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[/quote]

Did you not see how he kept coming back? That moxie is exactly what got him chosen for the Super Soldier program.[/quote]

Well fuck an a.

I’ve said it and i’ll say it again…women in the west were never oppressed. Actually, women before 1965 were actually happier than women today as a group. These women didn’t even ‘know’ they were oppressed until some communist agitators came and told them they were oppressed.
http://elliotlakenews.wordpress.com/2007/02/01/feminism-has-communist-roots/

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

…I’m sure some could pass the Seal standards.

[/quote]

The fact that you’re “sure” suggests that you don’t understand the demands of SEAL training.

No one here that truly understands what a tough row to hoe it is would ever be “sure”.
[/quote]Are you a SEAL?

I’m currently reading Lone Survivor, just the description of the training makes my pussy hurt.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[/quote]

The fact that you’re “sure” suggests that you don’t understand the demands of SEAL training.

No one here that truly understands what a tough row to hoe it is would ever be “sure”.
[/quote]
Well I said that from numerous discussions I’ve had from SF officers and their opinions on females, so yeah…

Edit: SF may not be Seals, but they are Spec Ops nonetheless. Similar demands, similar training.

[quote]clip11 wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

Trust me if its a female Seal, she’s probably not going to look like the Playboy playmate for the month of August. Instead, she may remind you more of Rosie O Donnel, except with broader shoulders.[/quote]
From my experience it has been quite the contrary… the girls who could keep up on rucks, runs, etc etc were generally pretty hot, haha…

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]
Well I said that from numerous discussions I’ve had from SF officers and their opinions on females, so yeah…

Edit: SF may not be Seals, but they are Spec Ops nonetheless. Similar demands, similar training.[/quote]

SF may not be SEALs?

I think you’d get different opinions depending on who you spoke to. If these discussions were with US Army Green Berets or Paratrooper units then they’re going to have a different opinion on female service as, frankly they are not SFs. Rangers are of a higher standard though and they don’t have women.

If your discussions were with Delta Force/SEALs then you might get a completely different opinion. SEALs have less than 2500 enlisted ranks and officers on active duty at any one time and Delta has less than 1000, so basically there aren’t too many of them around to talk to. They’re also pretty secretive I’ve heard.

Regardless, a good googling will tell you much about what US Navy SEAL training is like. There are also several autobiographies of SEALs describing the training.

[quote]clip11 wrote:
Here is an example of gender normed standards. Almost every police dept. in Michigan uses this.:

But a female officer expects the same pay, benefits, and chances at promotion as a male officer.[/quote]

At least on the fire side we have to pass the same test, it may be altered now but there are still guys that can’t pass the newer test. BTW alot of departments are now using the CPAT.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Edit: SF may not be Seals, but they are Spec Ops nonetheless. Similar demands, similar training.[/quote]

SF may not be SEALs?

I think you’d get different opinions depending on who you spoke to. If these discussions were with US Army Green Berets or Paratrooper units then they’re going to have a different opinion on female service as, frankly they are not SFs. Rangers are of a higher standard though and they don’t have women.

If your discussions were with Delta Force/SEALs then you might get a completely different opinion. SEALs have less than 2500 enlisted ranks and officers on active duty at any one time and Delta has less than 1000, so basically there aren’t too many of them around to talk to. They’re also pretty secretive I’ve heard.

Regardless, a good googling will tell you much about what US Navy SEAL training is like. There are also several autobiographies of SEALs describing the training.[/quote]
Green Berets = Special Forces. Special Forces soldiers (kind of the Army equivalent to the Navy’s SEALs) wear green berets in garrison. And usually a bad ass looking patch. And yes that is who I talked to about females, past and current SF guys.

I hate to say this, but in this politically correct society, eventually, women will be allowed to be Navy Seals. Its only a matter of time, the qustion is how long?

FYI

The requirments for Basic Training for women and men are already different (women standards being easier)
to pass for regular service. Try passing the BUDS training.

Some places are just not meant for women, Elite combat units is one of them.