Women and Incline Bench?

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:

[quote]simpstr1 wrote:
So I was at the gym this morning and I was doing inclined bench presses and a guy walked up and said that women shouldn’t do them because it causes the breasts to sag.

IMO, I thought that the muscles surrounding the breasts if nice and strong would keep the breast lifted?

Thoughts? I’d like to know…[/quote]

anyone that offers unsolicited advice in the gym is an ass.
Muscles improve the overall shape. This is why I have a problem with the “real women have curves” threads that show fat women. Fat is not shapely at all. It is globby, gelatinous, amorphous blobs. If chunky women are your thing, that is fine. Just quit calling it curvy. Rant done.
Just for curiosity sake, what did this guy look like? Even more important, have you witnessed him transforming someone with a shape that was less than pleasant to one that you admire?
[/quote]

He was a young dude, not particularly or overly muscular but he claims to be a trainer.

sorry we (I) turned your question into a rant about attractive vs unattractive breast qualities.

often times young dudes in my particular gym, many are trainers (dime a dozen), like to offer shitty and/or unsolicited advice, especially to woman who dare venture into the weight area. they think the can offer a 30 second rant Rx about what they think you need to do. fuck them read, study learn on your own. that said, finding someone w/ more experience than you to help w/ form on new lifts and movements is helpful.

as mentioned woman should train chest, it’s a muscle group just like the others. keep fighting the good fight, anyone who pursues weight training becomes better both physically and mentally because of it.

When I was regularly benching (both flat and incline) IH did mention that my boobs looked better, higher. I should really get back to that…

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:
sorry we (I) turned your question into a rant about attractive vs unattractive breast qualities.

often times young dudes in my particular gym, many are trainers (dime a dozen), like to offer shitty and/or unsolicited advice, especially to woman who dare venture into the weight area. they think the can offer a 30 second rant Rx about what they think you need to do. fuck them read, study learn on your own. that said, finding someone w/ more experience than you to help w/ form on new lifts and movements is helpful.

as mentioned woman should train chest, it’s a muscle group just like the others. keep fighting the good fight, anyone who pursues weight training becomes better both physically and mentally because of it.[/quote]

Thanks!

Yes I am a trainer and have been for almost 3 decades, so allow me to simplify this a bit, the guy that walked up to you and made this statement and claimed to be a trainer was in fact a “Dumb Ass!”

I’ll use a quote from my father “it’s one thing being a dumb ass it’s another opening your mouth and confirming it!”

[quote]simpstr1 wrote:
So I was at the gym this morning and I was doing inclined bench presses and a guy walked up and said that women shouldn’t do them because it causes the breasts to sag.

IMO, I thought that the muscles surrounding the breasts if nice and strong would keep the breast lifted?

Thoughts? I’d like to know…[/quote]

He found you attractive and wanted to talk to you but came up with the silliest opener I have ever heard. Use an iPod to prevent people from dishing out unnecessary advice.