Women Against Going to the Gym

So I just got back from the gym after doing my usual power and strength routine, and this girl I know decides to text me a message.

She says: “your training what?”
I say: “I lifted weights, did some jump rope for cardio, and made a new front squat record”
She says: “oh, you boys and your working out”
I say: " something to do, keeps me from getting weaker and my body composition in check"
She says: “Well its boring, I don’t have time for that”
I say: “Typical excuse from not being able to manage your time well”

Then all of a sudden out of nowhere, she splurts out: “it bothers me when guys goto the gym 2-3 hrs a day, umm yeah i have a life.” ( My thoughts: being mostly sedentary and drinking isn’t a life, its called being a fat)

Any of you guys encounter women that have this type of attitude against our sport? I just laugh when they make these foolish comments considering most don’t have any general fitness level and their bodyfat % is above the norm!!!

bodyfat % above the norm? LOL do you realize how high the norm is now?

Healthy people are a rarity.

[quote]gainera2582 wrote:
So I just got back from the gym after doing my usual power and strength routine, and this girl I know decides to text me a message.

[/quote]

At this point you should have said “My schlong” or something like that.

At the very least your conversation would have been more interesting than this pointless argument where she got the best of you because she dragged you into it and made you defend yourself which you shouldn’t even fucking have to do.

[quote]gainera2582 wrote:
I say: “Typical excuse from not being able to manage your time well”
[/quote]

oh that was just harsh

you meathead meanie

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
gainera2582 wrote:

At this point you should have said “My schlong” or something like that.

At the very least your conversation would have been more interesting than this pointless argument where she got the best of you because she dragged you into it and made you defend yourself which you shouldn’t even fucking have to do.[/quote]

Too true! I wonder why it is I never seem to get pulled into these types of arguments in my normal daily life with any of my friends, acquaintances or coworkers that don’t share my passion for lifting.

Those big guys in the gym carry around little pads that they write in while they’re working out.

I have no idea what they are writing in there.

"Dear Diary,

I lifted 300 pounds today.

I am fucking huge.

I will keep writing, because my arms are stuck in this position.

Love,

me"

Sounds like youre a douchebag. Might want to take care of that.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Those big guys in the gym carry around little pads that they write in while they’re working out.

"Dear Diary,

I am fucking huge.

Love,

me"[/quote]

lol!

Interesting how I’ve never gotten a response like that from other women when I’ve told them that I’m a powerlifter. Maybe they were just afraid of me. I am pretty scary…

[quote] buckeye girl wrote:
I am pretty scary
[/quote]

Yeah… scary hot.

[quote] Nephorm wrote:
[/quote]

I’m deffinately doing that when I’m huge. I’m going to put it on stickynotes and put them all over the weight room walls.

[quote] wrote:
[/quote]

rofl!

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
nephorm wrote:

"Dear Diary,

I am fucking huge.

Love,

me"

lol!

Interesting how I’ve never gotten a response like that from other women when I’ve told them that I’m a powerlifter. Maybe they were just afraid of me. I am pretty scary…[/quote]

They are probably afraid of you and your ‘icky’ muscles. :slight_smile:

The most I’ve ever trained is nine hours a week, roughly. Less than that probably. If someone DID train 3 hours a day I guess they might have a problem, but no one does.

Some people just aren’t into what we’re into. A lot of people tell me I shouldn’t lift weights for whatever reason but that’s their problem and as long as they don’t push it I don’t really mind. If someone isn’t bothered about their body, more power to them, just makes me look better in comparison.

To me, it is just a fun hobby that pays plenty of dividends down the line. I think what irks people is that there is a definite vanity component to it. Non-lifters see it as simply a means to an end(to look better and further one’s narcissism and/or cockiness), when to many of us it is an end in and of itself.

woman spend 2-3 hours shopping easily.

[quote]nephorm wrote:

I have no idea what they are writing in there.[/quote]

Huh?

Aren’t they just recording how much they lifted in a log?

[quote]nephorm wrote:

"Dear Diary,

I am fucking huge.

Love,

me"[/quote]

hahaha freakin’ hilarious!!! Bob Sagit your the man!

[quote]nephorm wrote:

"Dear Diary,

I am fucking huge.

Love,

me"[/quote]

lol funniest post I’ve ever read apart from the beast awakens

most girls dont understand weight lifting, dont think about it too much

[quote]nephorm wrote:

"Dear Diary,

I am fucking huge.

Love,

me"[/quote]

Lol. I literally laughed out loud for a second.

[quote]nephorm wrote:

"Dear Diary,

I am fucking huge.

Love,

me"[/quote]

AHAHAHAAHA