T Nation

Woman Sues Over Her Diet??

Check out this article that appeared in Sunday’s Indianapolis Star…

MISLABELED SNACK FOOD FOILED DIET
A woman is suing a snack food company for $50 Million, saying its label on Pirate’s Booty corn and rice puffs foiled her diet. In her lawsuit, Meredith Berkman, 37, claims she suffered “emotional distress” because the snack contained three times more fat than its label advertised. Pirate’s Booty, manufactured by Robert’s American Gourmet Food, was recalled in January after the Good Housekeeping Institute found it contained 147 calories and 8.5 grams of fat, while its label said it contained only 120 calories and 2.5 grams of fat.

I can dig it… if you eat 100 of those you end up eating 600 grams of fat more then advertised thus 5400 calories which ends up being almost 2 pounds of fat!

Obviously this is a package mislabeling problem and should be addressed by the FDA. However, emotional distress and a $50 million lawsuit? Who was that famous English writer who said several hundred years ago, “Kill all the lawyers”?

that was shakespeare, i do beleive

It was Samuel Johnson, I believed. He wrote the first dictionary, as well.

Well if the snack food company mislabeled the product intentionally, then I hope she gets every single dime of that. Not that she deserves it or anything, but places like those need to be put out of business.

Did you know that they make a product called Fruity Booty, I’m sorry I just chuckle whenever I pass it in the health food store.

I guess that since the creatine serum has been proven to not claim what the label said, (which is less than 1% of creatine) I can sue that company… while I’m sueing them, I’ll sue Weider, for just about all his products… I’ll sue EAS for telling me that Vanadyl sulfate and HMB will work wonders… I could go on forever…