Woman Shot In Head... .And Makes Tea

[i]BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - A Mississippi woman who was shot in the head not only survived but made herself tea and offered an astonished deputy something to drink, authorities said Friday.

Tammy Sexton, 47, remained hospitalized three days after being wounded by her husband, who killed himself after he shot his wife. She is expected to fully recover.

“There’s no way she should be alive other than a miracle from God,” said Sheriff Mike Byrd of Jackson County, Miss.[i]

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
“There’s no way she should be alive other than a miracle from God,” said Sheriff Mike Byrd of Jackson County, Miss.[/quote]

Physiology fail.

You don’t need every part of the brain to survive or remain conscious. Just look at the humongous gaps in the brains of people with Huntington’s Disease.

Also: Google Phineas Gage from everyone’s psychology 101 textbook fame.

Cool post though.

It’s shit like this that tightens the goddamn Bible belt.

Now, that Susan Boyle? That’s an act of God.

Never the less. If anyone here took a bullet to the head they surely wouldn’t proclaim “physiology fail”

She was lucky indeed.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
Never the less. If anyone here took a bullet to the head they surely wouldn’t proclaim “physiology fail”

She was lucky indeed.
[/quote]

i would, and id post it right on T-Nation and make a thread and everyone would be like “pics or it didnt happen”

[quote]Gregus wrote:

She was lucky indeed.
[/quote]

naw dude, I could kick her ass

you all suck.

those owls are fucking hilarious

Damn - That’s insane. To think that she lost her short-term memory… I’m thinking it must have clipped her around the temporal area…

I wish there was more, though. Pictures, descriptions of where she was shot, etc. I’d also be really interested to see someone keep tabs on her so we could see how the injury affects her long-term.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
If anyone here took a bullet to the head they surely wouldn’t proclaim “physiology fail”[/quote]

The physiology comment was directed at the police officer’s words, which are clearly quoted above.

Congratulations on the reading comprehension fail.

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
Gregus wrote:
If anyone here took a bullet to the head they surely wouldn’t proclaim “physiology fail”

The physiology comment was directed at the police officer’s words, which are clearly quoted above.

Congratulations on the reading comprehension fail.[/quote]

Possibly an odd question…but have you taken the LSAT?

I think there might be some lawyer bashing about to start…?

[quote]blithe wrote:
Possibly an odd question…but have you taken the LSAT?[/quote]

I’ve considered it.